Game Day Practice match vs Saints at Arden St 25/2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you blokes had a chance to draft Max King in 2018. Has to be close to the most talented youngster in the competition. He’s an Alien. So bloody scary to watch.

I reckon you guys should grab him. In like 10-12 years I mean

Pros:
- Hayden as a midfielder, many have wanted this for a while and we saw a really promising start today
- Stephenson first good outing, as I mentioned, he'd be unsighted in a pies 100 point loss, so to finish with close to 20 disposals and 2 goals is a great start
- Bailey & TT are very smart one touch footballers
- Larkey & Zurhaar were lively, a mature body may help but I think our ball use is a bigger issue
- Powell was very impressive
- Curtis Taylor is special
- Glimpses of the game plan worked and looked better then 2020
- Lazarro looks like just about our quickest player

Cons:
- I think we are in a bit of trouble if we are playing Hall & Tyson in 2021
- Good link up before a senior player brain fade which turns it over and we get burnt on rebound

Supporters wanted us to attack more, so we have.
Whats happens, when you are a young side is you get opened up more. That's what happened today.
I would rather us play more defensively, like under Shaw, but I can see the need to play more attackingly to appease supporters.

thought some of the young guys showed a bit, particularly Kyron.
Need to find a away to defend better in our forward line, just comes straight out of there. The saints were elite in transition.

There cant be a stage in 2021 where we have Tyson and Hall playing on-ball - just play a kid in there instead.

A bit of perspective - we started the game with Campbell, Tyson, Hall and Simpkin in the centre square
Which meant that Goldy, Cunners, LDU and Anderson didn't play.

GR saying Anderson and Dumont are 6 weeks away, doesn't help

We aren't deep enough to have injuries.

This is what happens when you start a rebuild 4 years later than you should have. Thanks Scott and Joyce

Watch the young guys get better, and enjoy the ride. I am more keen on this year than any year since 2016. We were kidding ourselves in 17-20
We are finally giving ourselves a chance to have sustained success

watched on my phone at work, and it was just crap, please no Hall in the AFL side please

the guys are still working out the new game plan, but our forward Line is going to have a stuff year.

Well, it’s fair to say, I got close to zilch out of that. 90+ point beltings never really offer much. Hopefully, Noble et al gained something. I liked Kyron. Stephenson seems clinical when he gets the opportunity. Curtis puts in. McKay seems good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poorly done by the club with the data mining, delayed links and domination in the media box by a club that’s $12 million in debt.
The data thing was very weird and transparent. They even low key implied that it was requirement to provide your personal information to get the link to the stream.

No doubt Hall Tyson and Campbell are not AFL standard. I woulda cut em last year.
Turner was a better player in game 20 than now.
Intraclubs be damned, Ziebell down back has to be a concern. His disposal and decision marking worrisome, and we need another marking option forward.
Some good signs from a few kids and have to hope an injection of better midfielders will at least address some of the glaring issues we saw today.

Went and watched the first half live. There is nothing like these pre-season games in being able to get close to the action, hear the players talk and admire the physicality and demands of the modern game.

This year is going to be a rough ride. I think we all knew this. We have quite a few out but the reality is that this is the type of side we will roll out if we have an injury run during the year.

In terms of positives I thought Powell looked excellent. Taller and a much better kick than I was expecting.

No doubt Hall Tyson and Campbell are not AFL standard. I woulda cut em last year.
Turner was a better player in game 20 than now.
Intraclubs be damned, Ziebell down back has to be a concern. His disposal and decision marking worrisome, and we need another marking option forward.
Some good signs from a few kids and have to hope an injection of better midfielders will at least address some of the glaring issues we saw today.
We can now all see why our defense looked so good in our intraclub games!

Went and watched the first half live. There is nothing like these pre-season games in being able to get close to the action, hear the players talk and admire the physicality and demands of the modern game.

This year is going to be a rough ride. I think we all knew this. We have quite a few out but the reality is that this is the type of side we will roll out if we have an injury run during the year.

In terms of positives I thought Powell looked excellent. Taller and a much better kick than I was expecting.

At least you didn't have to listen to the St Kilda marketing exercise that was the livestream commentary.

Supporters wanted more goals, so Noble has implemented a game plan to support that.
Blame that loud section of the supporter base

Yeah, they control the tactics of the team.

FFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back