Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Larkey struggled last year, but is younger than Brown and also clearly played with a bung leg (ankle?) for a long period. sh*t year, like most others I think we all see it as a write off. Biggest difference to TT is that IMO he has already shown growth as a player on the field. His two games in his first year he barely got a kick. Come 2019 he was highly effective as a second tall after showing growth in the VFL.

I thought Larkey was pretty good up until the Pies game when he clearly didn't look fit. Still managed 1.5 goals per game in a team that was lucky to get 1.5 inside 50s a quarter.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I loved his workrate in the Jack Ziebell match sim highlights video. He was getting from contest to contest really easily and even when he didn’t get the ball himself he was an option. Or laying the tackle like when JZ bumped spicer.

If he can do that in a game he will get the footy 15-20 times per game and make magic happen.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I loved his workrate in the Jack Ziebell match sim highlights video. He was getting from contest to contest really easily and even when he didn’t get the ball himself he was an option. Or laying the tackle like when JZ bumped spicer.

If he can do that in a game he will get the footy 15-20 times per game and make magic happen.

A more free flowing game plan that actually utilises our half forwards rather than bombing down the line all the time will help guys like Taylor, Thomas, Mahoney, Zurhaar and Turner considerably as well.

Impressed with how Noble used him today

In that he basically let him do and go anywhere or anything he wanted

I don't think even the hardest of critics could have called his game today lazy. He just has that mercurial quick step every time, I thought he was one of the biggest positives from today

I don't think even the hardest of critics could have called his game today lazy. He just has that mercurial quick step every time, I thought he was one of the biggest positives from today
The utility role (ala Burgyone) really suited him and allowed him to do his own thing. Was brillant.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The utility role (ala Burgyone) really suited him and allowed him to do his own thing. Was brillant.

He really does seem suited for that kind of role, he can be placed anywhere, his traits as a forward are as handy as he is in the midfield, all you gotta do is get the ball in his hands and its a guaranteed link to getting the ball closer to goal if he ain't kicking them himself.

Last edited:

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I was wondering about what the trigger was for him to go back behind the ball. Was it a duck resting forward for example? Would love more camera angles to try and work out any pattern. Or if it was as you say that he can do what he wants, but I want to figure out what the structure became as a result of him floating around.

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You couldn't identify that he was suited for this?

Yes I agree in principle. I wouldn’t have to stones to throw the magnets like that. If I did, I almost think that TT wouldn’t be stymied by a short excursion back but given it doesn’t work well for everyone I appreciate it’s a risky move.

I’ve certainly thought about it in the past.
Sounds like you’re suggesting it is a decision that is lead by TT’s skill set rather than a different opportunity that forces TT back? I’m certainly curious about what the magnets look like when he moves back.

Really liked him loose in the backline.

You are forgetting mark73 and RoyalBlue.

Whatever happened to him?

Rumours has it he went full deep greenie, lived up a tree in a forest in Gippsland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back