Review Scratch match analysis of North V Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

our defence was under onslaught.
he got a few intercept marks and was clean enough.
he obviously didnt turn the tide.

You get it.

Our rucks were slaughtered resulting in our midfield being on the back foot a lot...............but of course this is Ziebell & Turner's fault.:rolleyes:

There's some dead set shockin' football analysts around here.

I expect most veterans to be meh in practice matches tbh

If Jack was "meh" then I'm expecting a "delist Tarrant" thread any minute now.

Structural and gameplay stuff aside, I liked the kids for the most part.

Lazzaro: Was always busy, very neat disposal and looks a capable half-forward.
Scott: Was busy in the first half, but was rested more in the second half. The wing spot is his to lose.
Powell: Same to Scott. Has a lot of offer long-term.
Young: Had a brilliant 3rd. Good cheap pick up.
Hayden: One of the best on ground. Short kicking can be a tad patchy, but he excelled in the Anderson defensive stoppage mid role.
TT: Not sure if it was a utility role, but he was everywhere. His intensity has lifted.
Taylor: Was one of most dangerous forwards.
Stevo: Is exactly what we need.

If Jack was "meh" then I'm expecting a "delist Tarrant" thread any minute now.

I don’t think people realise how differently certain players approach preseason games. Some just want to cruise through, some want to earn a spot most just don’t want to get injured. I imagine the Saints have a similar mindset but without seeing the game I imagine (with the midfield we played) they scored a lot of goals from stoppage and centre bounces.

You get it.

Our rucks were slaughtered resulting in our midfield being on the back foot a lot...............but of course this is Ziebell & Turner's fault.:rolleyes:

There's some dead set shockin' football analysts around here.
if goldy isnt in the 22 we are in trouble this year imo.
simpkin the only starting mid playing.
we got a look at few on the cusp of the team.
hayden lazzaro powell hall tyson all getting mid minutes.
id have them in that order tbh.

You can defend the performance as much as you want and look for reasons.
Trent Dumont himself in the broadcast said we were very poor and the coach would be very unhappy.

How'd Corr, Young and Menadue go?

Corr & Young good.

Menadue, basically unsighted. I don't think he got much game time, and if he did it was during the on air commercials and interviews with "THE MAYOR OF PORTLAND"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the ball hits the deck in opposition F50, we are in a lot of strife.

Needs to be addressed.
If we have Ziebs, McKay and Mcdonald in the same back 6 I think we are asking for trouble unless our pressure at the source is seriously elite. Add J Walker and Robbie I wonder if we aren't too top heavy behind the ball.

If we have Ziebs, McKay and Mcdonald in the same back 6 I think we are asking for trouble unless our pressure at the source is seriously elite. Add J Walker and Robbie I wonder if we aren't too top heavy behind the ball.

Yeah I don't think we need to wonder at all - Looked very clear today, their smalls were dominant as soon as the ball hit the ground.

If we are going to play Taz, McKay, Corr, Ziebell & McDonald - the 6th & 7th defender need to be elite at ground level IMO.

If Xerri isn't available then Walker needs to play forward.
We need a second target, someone to take pressure off Larkey otherwise he'll be shot by R6.
Also need a 2nd ruck other than Larkey, Goldy will do most of it, but I'd prefer Walker chopping him out and Larkey staying forward.

It's why I was so keen on having Kyron back there. Young, Perez and Atu could be options depending on how their form and bodies are going.

Yeah I don't think we need to wonder at all - Looked very clear today, their smalls were dominant as soon as the ball hit the ground.

If we are going to play Taz, McKay, Corr, Ziebell & McDonald - the 6th & 7th defender need to be elite at ground level IMO.

If Xerri isn't available then Walker needs to play forward.
We need a second target, someone to take pressure off Larkey otherwise he'll be shot by R6.
Also need a 2nd ruck other than Larkey, Goldy will do most of it, but I'd prefer Walker chopping him out and Larkey staying forward.

McKay can ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back