Delisted 21. Nicholas Stevens (2021- 2022)

ShaunWDT

Premiership Player
Nov 18, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I think post Selwood/Dangerfield we will have to go through a period of having a new team take time to emerge. We will probably be less likely to take as many fa’s, more likely in the initial years to build through the draft again. We’ll have to all be patient.
Destination club that's always going to attract players, fully expect we continue to go and get what we need in a trade or free agency moreso than build it out of the draft.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
We see things differently. When I first saw Menzel, 2 of us immediately said- SJ. The kicking action, the goal sense, the swagger, the confidence.
Mackie started as a really lean fragile looking player- admittedly, he never got really big!
Menzel played a few games initially at hb from memory, which is why he was probably compared to Mackie.

Scarlo is on board.

Listening to that, I am coming around to Scarlo as a potential coach. He lives and breathes footy, and he speaks really well. Used to be shy and taciturn, but he is definitely growing in his roles as a coach and when asked to do media.

He had 2 goals kicked on him in 8 mins deep but looked better on a flank
You don't remember Tim McGrath's first couple of games. He turned into a decent defender.

bombersboy

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Easy to see him slotting into our current defense. Did not drop his head after making mistakes. Is a good sign from someone straight out of under 18's. I thought watching the replay he just looked like he could slot straight in. Trouble for the kid is he is in that medium tall group which means he has Stewart, Henry, Kolo, O'Connor ahead of him and barring injuries they look set for at least a few years.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Easy to see him slotting into our current defense. Did not drop his head after making mistakes. Is a good sign from someone straight out of under 18's. I thought watching the replay he just looked like he could slot straight in. Trouble for the kid is he is in that medium tall group which means he has Stewart, Henry, Kolo, O'Connor ahead of him and barring injuries they look set for at least a few years.

Seems to find the ball a lot more than those named, with Stewart the exception. Has a nice leg on him, hit some good targets last week. He'll be a good attacking HBF.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

Plays midfield too.

Didnt mind his VFL form but kinda few victim to inconsistency and Covid.

Best of luck.

GO Catters

Back