Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Then there was this one:
US man David Estes claims DOE Network shows he is 'identical match' for Grant Beaumont
THE saga of the Beaumont children has yet another chapter - 46 years after they became victims of the most infamous unsolved crime in Australian history.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Mr Estes' mother has not supported his claims - and said it was not the first time her son had tried to deny his parentage.

She said he once approached former TV host Oprah Winfrey claiming to be the lost love child of Elvis Presley.

JUST FRO

Further on the DNA side of things, would it not be necessary to exhume the parents? Perhaps SAPOL has their DNA on file but it’s possible they don’t, since DNA only got going in the 90’s, long after the events in question. Maybe that’s another reason DNA profiling might not happen: exhuming people because of a few posts on BigFooty 😂

I can’t remember if any other relatives are still alive.

It's interesting though and stranger things have happened. This case here in the US where a baby boy was abducted out of a maternity ward in 1964, two years later a toddler was found abandoned so the FBI handed the abandoned baby to the parents of the abducted infant thinking they'd found him. Fifty odd years later, DNA proved it wasn't their kid at all. Anyway, here's the story.

• The story of baby Paul Fronczak's abduction captivated the nation. Two years later, FBI agents reunited his parents with an abandoned baby in New Jersey that they believed was Paul.
  • But that man took a DNA test in 2012 and realized he wasn't related to the parents.
  • WGN discovered a man in rural Michigan who recently learned that he was the abducted baby.

anquer

Cancelled
May 22, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you talking about Ray "Gunner" Kelly who was sponsored by a Sydney news paper to come over at the start of March and give his expertise to the investigation but was asked to leave after one day? Lots of peple getting Australia day and Australia Day holiday mixed up, so do you have a link for that information and if the date is correct as cops did discount it?

Going back over posts I somehow missed yours. Yes, that's the detective. And, no, the Vietnam veteran angle doesn't fit the picture for reason I will post soon.

Taken from 'The Age' Feb 3, 1966. Notice the witness description. Now THAT describes Harry Phipps.

Satin Man book describes Phipps' M.O. as going out of town with his friend to encounter young men at some place. Phipps had a high profile locally. His preference was for males. I doubt very much the 48 year old alcoholic could be bothered to play with 3 energetic children (2 female) on such a crowded, hot day, near his residence.

Myponga has been mentioned quite a few times over the last couple of years, even by the McIntyers themselves.

It's already been searched due to Bevan Spencer von Einem. No human remains found. The McIntyres aren't certain about Stansbury. Knowing the police wouldn't believe their Stansbury guess they've had to fabricate a positive sighting in the car boot. Myponga Dam was their back-up guess.

anquer

Cancelled
May 22, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
BC mel the age p5 02.02.66.jpg

It's already been searched due to Bevan Spencer von Einem. No human remains found. The McIntyres aren't certain about Stansbury. Knowing the police wouldn't believe their Stansbury guess they fabricated the positive sighting in a car boot. Myponga Dam was their back-up guess.

What would have carried a lot weight is if Rachel's mother had made a standalone statement to police about Max trying to convince her that they (Max and Rachel's mother) were dating and together when the Beaumont children disappeared, if that is indeed what happened. This would then dovetail with Andrew's childhood recollection of Max living away from home for months after the Beaumont children disappeared. Max, it seems, has behaved similar to the above newspaper reports...

"They appealed yesterday for public help in finding a man whose behaviour pattern had suddenly changed."

"They were expected to reduction [sic: expecting the abduction] had not been premeditated [and] the person responsible would now have habits which were irregular, unusual or suspicious."

"This appeal was directed mainly to proprietors of boarding houses, landlords and employers."

This, might then explain the death of Max's first wife...

Her husband, unannounced, moves away from their family home (Macklin Street, Edwardstown) to reside with a mistress (eventually, second wife) immediately after the Beaumont children's disappearance. Max's first wife soon becomes acutely aware the suspect's (revised) physical description matches her husband. She has to make excuses to her children... Claire, Ruth, Andrew... to explain their father's absent behaviour. She falls ill. Max hears of his wife's illness and returns to his family. His wife passes away in hospital due to natural causes, exacerbated, though, with 11 months of unfathomable anguish over the suspicion she has to keep from her children. Max arranges for his children to stay out of town, with relatives, as per Andrew's recollection.

Instead, Rachel's mother's account has been diluted amid stories motivated by incredible revenge... to the point where the McIntyres have been asked by police to stop.

Last edited:

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
"They appealed yesterday for public help in finding a man whose behaviour pattern had suddenly changed."

"They were expected to reduction [sic: expecting the abduction] had not been premeditated [and] the person responsible would now have habits which were irregular, unusual or suspicious."

"This appeal was directed mainly to proprietors of boarding houses, landlords and employers."

The above statements refers to a non Psychopath.

This observation applies to some kidnappers/killers, but not all. The event, may effect them for years later.
The non psychopath feels the same grief as anyone else. Probably will display some guilt or regret.

Of coarse if they are a Psychopath, then the wont feel anything other than the urge to do it again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tues

Team Captain
Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
I need to compile a list of boarding houses, holiday rentals in the glenelg area.

I recently discovered corporate lodgings for employees of the railways located in Glenelg in the 60s..
I found it in a railways group, an old photo dated 1966, of a group of two story flats.
That sounds like quite a task! Sussex Street?

Last edited:
Can’t be bothered reading back through this thread as it seems to be more focussed on attacking journos rather than on what happens to the kids.

But I googled this Max McIntyre bloke. Do people believe him when he says he knows who killed the kids or that he witnessed his son in bed with the Monroe guy or was he just full of s**t ?

But I googled this Max McIntyre bloke. Do people believe him when he says he knows who killed the kids or that he witnessed his son in bed with the Monroe guy or was he just full of sh*t ?

Yeah I think he did find Andrew in bed with Munro and I haven't seen that disputed anywhere, I think Andrew was groomed by paedophile Munro from a fairly young age and he continued to stay in touch with Andrew for a long time. Just my opinion but I saw nothing in the heavily edited video of Max McIntyre to indicate he really did know who killed the Beaumont children.

If he did know and it was truthful, why would he say so when they're apparently buried in his sinkhole?

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can’t be bothered reading back through this thread as it seems to be more focussed on attacking journos rather than on what happens to the kids.

But I googled this Max McIntyre bloke. Do people believe him when he says he knows who killed the kids or that he witnessed his son in bed with the Monroe guy or was he just full of sh*t ?
something you will have to decide for yourself.
keeping in mind, there are two other families offering up their dads/grandads in the same way.
each account has a journo cheering for that particular case.
all these different suspects cant be involved, so two or more must be dud claims.
most of us writing in here in big footy, have alternate theories and rule out the other theories due to the lack of evidence

something you will have to decide for yourself.
keeping in mind, there are two other families offering up their dads/grandads in the same way.
each account has a journo cheering for that particular case.
all these different suspects cant be involved, so two or more must be dud claims.
most of us writing in here in big footy, have alternate theories and rule out the other theories due to the lack of evidence

I think I’ve formed a few opinions based on what he says in the interviews, regardless of whether he’s being honest or not.

anquer

Cancelled
May 22, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Sun, Thursday, 10 February 1966.jpg

THE SUN
Thursday, 10th February 1966

RAY KELLY ON THE JOB FOR 'SUN'

[excerpts]

Former Detective-Inspector Ray Kelly who retired in a blaze of glory earlier this month has joined the staff of "The Sun."

As the first assignment in his new role, Mr Kelly today flew to Adelaide to discuss with South Australian C.I.B. detectives the case of the three missing Beaumont children.

His first report in "The Sun" will come from Adelaide.

[Note: During his police service, Kelly was known to leak police stories to rival Sydney newspaper, Daily Mirror.]

anquer

Cancelled
May 22, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Sun, Friday, 11 February 1966.jpg

THE SUN
Friday, 11th February 1966

KELLY’S SECRET PLAN
From Ray Kelly,
Formerly Of The C.I.B.

[excerpts]

My early investigation makes me think this abduction is a local crime.

My suggestion to the excellent Homicide team already on the case will be to conduct a massive house-to-house search along the streets the children may have walked.

I have another idea to solve this crime, based on many years of experience with all types of criminality in Sydney.

But, at this moment, I cannot write the details of my proposal because it may alert the guilty person.

[Note: Boxed article gloating this scoop over rival Sydney tabloid, Daily Mirror.]
[Note: Kelly returned to Sydney this same day after Adelaide police realised he was sponsored by The Sun newspaper.]

Last edited:

anquer

Cancelled
May 22, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Sun, Saturday, 12 February 1966.jpg

THE SUN
Saturday, 12th February 1966

KELLY HUNTS SUSPECT
From Peter Michelmore

[excerpts]

ADELAIDE, Saturday. Ray Kelly today began a house-to-house search in suburban Somerton for "the man with the crazy walk."

But his early inquiries today indicated that the man was not a local and must have been a visitor to the area.

Miss Gregory said she saw a man with a funny walk with the children about 3 o’clock on the day they disappeared.

She had gone to the police with this information as soon as their search for the children started, but they had not taken her seriously.

Kelly expects to interview the [Beaumont] parents this weekend to see if they know the man with the peculiar gait.

[Note: Kelly never did interview the Beaumont parents because he returned to Sydney the previous day after Adelaide police realised he was sponsored by The Sun newspaper.]
[Note: This article contains a revised description of the suspect which was released by SA police to the public at the time.]
[Note: The 3PM witness account by Miss Gregory in this article circulated briefly only in Sydney press at the time. Her witness account resurfaced, decades later, in a dedicated book by Michael Madigan after SA police released backlog on the Beaumont Children case to the public.]

Last edited:

anquer

Cancelled
May 22, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Sun-Herald, Sunday, 13 February 1966.jpg

THE SUN-HERALD
Sunday, 13th February 1966
(page 2)

'MAN WITH CRAZY WALK': CLUE IN SEARCH

[excerpts]

ADELAIDE, Saturday. Former ace Sydney detective Mr Ray Kelly is organising a widespread hunt for "The Man With The Crazy Walk."

Mr Kelly is conducting virtually a one-man investigation to find the children, dead or alive.

He has advanced the search more in his two days in Adelaide than local police have done in the previous 15 days.

After a local newspaper ran a description of Mr Kelly’s suspect, the police received many telephone calls from people who wanted to give fresh information.

But this new evidence was not made available to Mr Kelly.

It will be kept on record sheet and not acted upon until after the weekend.

Mr Kelly has praised the work of local detectives, many of whom are friends, but he seemed concerned at their apparently casual search for the Beaumont children.

"Not Stunt"

Mr Kelly tonight indignantly denied a "Sunday Mirror" suggestion that his investigation in Adelaide was "just a newspaper stunt."

[Note: The above article has been digitised and is available online to State Library NSW card holders.]

Last edited:

Deni

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ivé completely dismissed the 3 siblings stories as pure vengance on their part towards their father and other siblings who took over the properties when the father passed away.
Ivé researched them for a few years now and have found so many inconsistancies in their stories, they may forget what they said 3 or 4 years ago, but I haven't, I remember things word for word nearly, and the changes in their stories, barr one of them, are outstanding.
Bringing the new witness into it was their final downfall. It's all written online in blogs, YouTube, Facebook, and any other social media site they could post in.
The infamous petition, started 4 years ago if memory serves, is a real eye opener, it's been updated over 20 times but each time the story changes a little, the latest changes are nothing like the original story as told by the 2 siblings. The 3rd sibling has intergrated themselves into the story as well even though they weren't born until 7 years later!!
But when is it going to be given to S.A.P.O.L. or whoever needs to see it?
As it is now it needs scrapping and starting again..

I find it a real pity that more of the early witness accounts weren't taken seriously, there were so many reports of people seeing the children that just maybe one of those reports was the one to crack the case, but 50+ years down the track people have either passed away or have forgotten.
So in my opinion, the case could have been solved within months if they had the man power to get out there and go through every single report!!

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we look back at every serial killer. Nearly all hid what they were doing from their immediate family.

The Yorkshire Ripper, EAR (original night stalker), Bundy and many more. Not one of their families came forward and said my “Dad is a killer” So we can apply the same thinking for the Beaumont abduction. The family of the BC offender didn’t know what their dad did. More than likely the BC offender hadn’t any kids at that stage too, or they were too young?
For me, its incredible that, any offspring would dob their Dad in. statistics just don’t support this way of outing an offender.
I would image if it was known by the son or daughter, it would stay their “families little secret”

I still feel, although he was a first time offender. he was already working close to children. also may of offended in different ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Back