Preview North Melbourne vs Port Adelaide - Round 1 @ Marvel Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny, because this is what you said in response to one of my posts about LDU in this very same thread earlier this week.

You know your football.

When I praise a Norf player I 'know my football', when I don't praise them for trading one of the best KPF's in the league for some second rounder nobody I'm 'not much of an analyst'. Could it be that you don't actually have any sense for whether somebody knows their football at all, and the only thing you're going off of is how positive they are towards your beloved Norf?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That's funny, because this is what you said in response to one of my posts about LDU in this very same thread earlier this week.

When I praise a Norf player I 'know my football', when I don't praise them for trading one of the best KPF's in the league for some second rounder nobody I'm 'not much of an analyst'. Could it be that you don't actually have any sense for whether somebody knows their football at all, and the only thing you're going off of is how positive they are towards your beloved Norf?

You're trolling & so am I.

What's with the repetitive "Norf" thing too? Is that supposed to trigger me or something? Are you 12 years old?

I'm just surprised anyone would try to argue that North aren't a steaming bottle of yak piss. They've got no football department, their facilities are collapsing, their list is horrendous. They are now fresh off a murdering by St. Kilda too. They've got a few good kids like... Well, Scott I guess, and they picked up Corr but the rest are banged up or aging. It's not looking good for some time.

It's not exactly unfair to expect they will be very much poo. Snake is well and truly on the side of delusion rather than blind optimism.

If we don't belt them by atleast 50+ while not getting out of second gear, we have alot of improving to do. If we lose, there are still fundamental issues at the club.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
They've got a few good kids like... Well, Scott I guess, and they picked up Corr but the rest are banged up or aging. It's not looking good for some time.

North has 24 players 22 & under and 26 players who haven't played 50 games yet. :D

There's only 4 blokes on the list that have played 200 games!

North has 24 players 22 & under and 26 players who haven't played 50 games yet. :D

In terms of your actually performing players, they all sit in the "nearing retirement" bracket. The kids aren't coming along so well. The upside is there is room for improvement.

You're trolling & so am I.

What's with the repetitive "Norf" thing too? Is that supposed to trigger me or something? Are you 12 years old?

I mean, I'm trolling a little bit, but seriously, who is Charlie Lazarro? Isn't he the kid Johnny Lawrence beat the s**t out of?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
In terms of your actually performing players, they all sit in the "nearing retirement" bracket. The kids aren't coming along so well. The upside is there is room for improvement.

I acknowledge the age gap in the list as have the club, but we have actually been building since the end of 2016, and some of the younger mids will start to emerge now.

Our major holes are Goldstein's replacement & another KPF to compliment Larkey, otherwise I think the list is in good shape moving forward.

We could win as many as 8 games this year. Less than 5 wins would be a poor result.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I mean, I'm trolling a little bit, but seriously, who is Charlie Lazarro? Isn't he the kid Johnny Lawrence beat the sh*t out of?

The kid was a spec who made people take notice when he played as an underager at the Falcons in 2019. He has an elite work ethic, good disposal and elite agility (he won the draft camp category for agility).

There's talk of him starting out as a forward, but I reckon he'll end up an inside mid. He reminds me a bit of a young Matthew Larkin.

The kid that really caught the eye yesterday was your S.A. boy, Tom Powell. He reads the play unfolding unbelievably well for an 18 year old. Superb hands too. He's just a natural born smart footballer, and could easily end up rivalling Phillips.

North still needs a little bit of time, but most of the pieces are in place, and I stand by the claim that (catastrophic injury toll excluded) they will click & trouble a top side this season.

Last edited:
Charlie Lararro, at pick 36 has been the steal of the decade. The hair, the flair. I for one am looking forward to watching him ply his trade in the Winston Abraham pocket for the Canberra Kangaroos at Bob Ansett Arena for many years to come.

Charlie Lararro vs. Daniel Larusso

Jan 16, 2009
Heaps good
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Bulls & Cricket Aus
This Port side would probably beat North

Lienert Clurey Jones
Goldsack Passini Garner
Farrell Drew Bonner
Woodcock Lord Burgoyne
Motlop Georgiadis Ladhams

Hayes Mead Bergmann

Mayes Schofield Williams Frederick

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I really hope lord makes it, the meme potential is mouthwatering.
If we don’t win this by 80 pts we’re taking the piss. Set our season up nicely with a nice %

Port has 19 players 22 & under and 21 players who haven't played 50 games yet. In those 21 players are Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Marshall, Farrell, Lienert, Ladhams, Drew, Georgiades, Woodcock and Garner who have all made their debut. 5 of which are in our best 22 (Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Marshall and Ladhams), one you could argue could be included in that (Georgiades) and the others are competent backups.

That's not to mention first and second round draft picks from the previous two years like Bergman, Williams, Mead and Jones.

Port targeted the drafts that they wanted and got rid of players that didn't want to be here like Polec and Wingard to get to the position we are now. North is in the position that Port circa 2012 was in...you'll wax lyrical about your kids, but in the end the best you'll ever hope for is losing a prelim final. The only players you'll ever attract to your club are ones that are in it for the paycheque like Polec and Corr.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Port has 19 players 22 & under and 21 players who haven't played 50 games yet. In those 21 players are Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Marshall, Farrell, Lienert, Ladhams, Drew, Georgiades, Woodcock and Garner who have all made their debut. 5 of which are in our best 22 (Rozee, Butters, Duursma, Marshall and Ladhams), one you could argue could be included in that (Georgiades) and the others are competent backups.

That's not to mention first and second round draft picks from the previous two years like Bergman, Williams, Mead and Jones.

Port targeted the drafts that they wanted and got rid of players that didn't want to be here like Polec and Wingard to get to the position we are now. North is in the position that Port circa 2012 was in...you'll wax lyrical about your kids, but in the end the best you'll ever hope for is losing a prelim final. The only players you'll ever attract to your club are ones that are in it for the paycheque like Polec and Corr.

What a bizarre response.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I thought it one of the more cohesive arguments made by Janus.

North are a club that absolutely need to nail every single draft pick. Organic growth is all they have because they are just about the least attractive club to go to. A graders won't go there for money, so all they can rely on is over paying for B graders and Vic Metro mummies boys who have no other options. It is very difficult to see a club like North win a premiership. The AFL give a small Vic club a scripted fairytale every decade or so, but I can't see this happening for North any time soon unless they take the Canberra/Hobart carrot which they won't. Just a waste of a spot in the league really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back