Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not agree with the article below, which suggests total abandonment of the Astra Zeneca dose.
We would be far better served by having CSL working hard on the UK, Sth African and South American variants and preparing a hybrid booster shot somewhere down the track. Surely they are doing this.
If we reject Astra Zeneca dose now the valid point will be, "Just when in the evolution of variants, do we stop and suggest, that now is the appropriate time to begin the vaccination program?"
I take the article's point on some things:
1) Astra Zeneca is not the best vaccine currently.
2) We are devoid of choice.
3) It looks like the Swiss - sophisticated market - are not following up on Astra Zeneca.
4) There are some associations at CSL, at senior Govt interaction level, with strong associations to the LNP. Not sure this is relevant - it is after all an Australian company. Implication is cronyism.

Btw I learnt on TV this morning that each vial of the Pfizer dose is multiple shots per vial. Shortage of vials maybe? One shot per vial = billions of vials.
Additionally there are 2 vials with different volumes of vaccine in them.
I cannot understand why.
Additionally the speaker proclaimed that 2 nurses are currently being used - one to check the vial labelling before passing to the nurse responsible for injecting, who then does a further backup check.
This is typical "sign and countersign" in pharma, but if and when doses are farmed out to the broader population via pharmacies etc, will this labour intensity continue?

I do not agree with the article below, which suggests total abandonment of the Astra Zeneca dose.
We would be far better served by having CSL working hard on the UK, Sth African and South American variants and preparing a hybrid booster shot somewhere down the track. Surely they are doing this.
If we reject Astra Zeneca dose now the valid point will be, "Just when in the evolution of variants, do we stop and suggest, that now is the appropriate time to begin the vaccination program?"
I take the article's point on some things:
1) Astra Zeneca is not the best vaccine currently.
2) We are devoid of choice.
3) It looks like the Swiss - sophisticated market - are not following up on Astra Zeneca.
4) There are some associations at CSL, at senior Govt interaction level, with strong associations to the LNP. Not sure this is relevant - it is after all an Australian company. Implication is cronyism.

Btw I learnt on TV this morning that each vial of the Pfizer dose is multiple shots per vial. Shortage of vials maybe? One shot per vial = billions of vials.
Additionally there are 2 vials with different volumes of vaccine in them.
I cannot understand why.
Additionally the speaker proclaimed that 2 nurses are currently being used - one to check the vial labelling before passing to the nurse responsible for injecting, who then does a further backup check.
This is typical "sign and countersign" in pharma, but if and when doses are farmed out to the broader population via pharmacies etc, will this labour intensity continue?

The Pfitzer vials have five doses in them if they use a standard syringe. There is a lot more to it than simply drawing the dose from the vials. The vaccine has to be thawed from -70c correctly then stored at the correct temperature. The vials also have to be rotated once thawed they are inverted 10 times but not shaken and then there is the anti contamination procedure to follow. Prior to injection the doses have to be diluted with saline. It is not a simple procedure.

The Pfitzer vials have five doses in them if they use a standard syringe. There is a lot more to it than simply drawing the dose from the vials. The vaccine has to be thawed from -70c correctly then stored at the correct temperature. The vials also have to be rotated once thawed they are inverted 10 times but not shaken and then there is the anti contamination procedure to follow. Prior to injection the doses have to be diluted with saline. It is not a simple procedure.
Sweet Jesus, the devil is in the detail.
That is arduous.

Great poster, it explains it all. I hope that it is displayed and noted in all vaccination centres. As I posted it is not simply a matter of drawing off the vaccine dosage and sticking it in the arm. There are a few things that can go wrong.

Imagine being AstraZeneca and being afforded that anonymity lmao.

I too would like to sell everything with no badges on them and imply you could be getting a Porsche but actually you may be getting a Hyundai.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine being AstraZeneca and being afforded that anonymity lmao.

I too would like to sell everything with no badges on them and imply you could be getting a Porsche but actually you may be getting a Hyundai.

I don't mind them hiding the 'brand' so much as hiding the mechanism.

When do they add in the microchips ?
Shhhhh, no one is supposed to know.

Apparently people on Facebook have already picked up on the fact that a special needle is being used to enable the microchip to be implanted.

wtf I thought each individual would have the option.
It's a free vaccine, you get what you're given.

The majority of Australians will probably get the AstraZenaca one.

While the AFL will not allow crowds at AFL practice games this weekend in the NRL teams will play in front of a crowd. While AFL teams cannot fly interstate AFLW teams will still jet around the country. Has the AFL given an official explanation, it cannot be a COVID thing.

I assume no crowds again next week but there will be 50,000 at the MCG the following week.

Surely this will be challenged re not identifying dose manufacturer.
FOI at the very least will take care of that.
That I even have to mention FOI is a travesty.
So hard to believe.

It's Duncan Basheer Hannon ambulance chasing territory, if there is a manufacturer mixup.

Mixing of dosage manufacturer, even mistakenly here in Oz, is in the R&D domain. I think they are trialling e.g. AZ/Sputnik combo at the moment in Europe.

So hard to believe.

It's Duncan Basheer Hannon ambulance chasing territory, if there is a manufacturer mixup.

Mixing of dosage manufacturer, even mistakenly here in Oz, is in the R&D domain. I think they are trialling e.g. AZ/Sputnik combo at the moment in Europe.

If you are concerned about vaccines and dosages being mixed.

The dosage and vaccine details will be noted on your Immunisation History Statement. A copy of the Statement can be sent direct to your phone and accessed via the Medicare app or printed from Medicare at the MY Gov website. Either way you will know which vaccine you were given and at what dosage.

This is of course provided they know what vaccine they are injecting and know how to work the software.

So hard to believe.

There must be a mechanism in place to prevent a mix-up. Surely?! I reckon they’ll be identifiable by their batch number. It’s something that the average joe wouldn’t really notice but the person administering the jab would.

There must be a mechanism in place to prevent a mix-up. Surely?! I reckon they’ll be identifiable by their batch number. It’s something that the average joe wouldn’t notice but the person administering the jab would.

They’ll all have batch numbers and they’ll be recorded at the sending end of the logistics chain and the receiving end. Not 100% sure but they’ll almost have S8 type security procedures in place for this and if they don’t they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back