Admin Announcement Open call for Melbourne Board mod nominations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

Unfortunately we find ourselves down to one mod on the Melbourne board.

I'm putting out an open call for moderator nominations. Ideally we can get two more mods to support TheCount and learn the ropes.

The TLDR summary of the job is:

* Leadership and facilitation, not just policing. The rules are in place so people restrain their worst inclinations. The rules aren't there for their own benefit - applying them should be in the interests of the community. This includes letting the small things slide, not taking things personally, keeping a sense of humour, not being officious, not expecting too much of people. But do clamp down on the malicious trolls. Nobody likes them. Recognise toxic behaviour that skirts the rules and is bad for the community.

* Teamwork and Support: Take part in the Mods Board discussions. Keep up with the tools at your disposal: they are there to make it easier to make your board a good place to be. Ask if you need new tools or resources. If you have issues, worries, concerns then talk to your team, other mods, Supers and Admins.

* Promotion and community building. You aren't responsible for the whole site, but you do have a part to play in thinking about and supporting new and popular things - arising either from users or from our own development and requirements - to help your users share their creativity and knowledge. There are also regular minor promotional chores that need doing like gathering links to main threads each week. We can help make things easier and better by way of finding new add-ons and developing new features.

* Privacy. User information is never to be shared, and private moderator discussions are to remain private.

For the successful applicant there is more information and a training in practical use of the tools and features of the forum. It's not too hard, most features are contextual and intuitive.

If you'd like to have a go, nominate yourself. We will listen to all applications and then consult with TheCount and the other Admins.

Cheers ladies and gents.

i really hate to see the count do it on his own. i wish i could step back in and help him out but i hardly watch the board at all these days.

He needs help tho, someone who fits the qualities help him out

i really hate to see the count do it on his own. i wish i could step back in and help him out but i hardly watch the board at all these days.

He needs help tho, someone who fits the qualities help him out
That's who I forgot.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
If any of the old guard are available like RandB LeverPuller ThePuppetMaster Proper Gander that would be great. Top posters!
Thanks Crimson. Nice of you to say.

If we’re in a bind I don’t mind helping out. It’s a great board of posters. Real life pressures undid me last time around, but I’ve got some more time now and a wiser head (to some extent). So yep I’m okay with being considered.

If someone new wants a go, and seems like they might be good, then definitely give them a crack before me. I’m not proud

Proper Gander - It would be great if you would like to get back in the modding game. And it wouldn’t rule out another person stepping up also.

It would be the full enchilada of mod chores and responsibilities and of course all the perks would be yours

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Proper Gander - It would be great if you would like to get back in the modding game. And it wouldn’t rule out another person stepping up also.

It would be the full enchilada of mod chores and responsibilities and of course all the perks would be yours
Thanks chief. Yeah I figured ‘all-in’ was needed. I’m in a better space then I was a few years back when I let it go, and I’ve got more time, so feel like I can take it on. But genuinely mean it, if someone new wants to have a go then I’m fine with that.

I was slightly let down by the perks last time around - I honestly thought I would be able to see all the scandalous melts and deletes across all BF. Found out quickly this wasn’t the case.

Surely Headless is ready to be given the cattle prod. I want to be the first person he cards, If you could call me a ‘person.’
I’m sure that decision will be made pretty soon. It just takes the mods to give the nod in the appropriate place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back