Miscellaneous Sports 2021 off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Team

After a good suggestion, we’ve decided to move all non-AFL threads to the old and dusty “Purple Horde” sub thread. The hope is it has the following effects
A) Keeps them easily available but still out of sight
B) Encourages the use of the sub-forums like they are meant to be used for and brings a bit more organisation to the forum
C) While I love how passionate everyone is on the topics and that there is terrific debate on the topics, moderating the politics thread can get... tiresome. I’ll be letting things go a bit more, however personal attacks will not be tolerated and I encourage you to report them in any shape or form.

As usual, reach out to BeinPurplenGreen, myself and Tonga Bob to discuss anything as needed. Thanks for making the forum what it is.

Last edited:
I've got to stay up until 1am today, and was looking forward to watching India v England. What a waste!

I've got to stay up until 1am today, and was looking forward to watching India v England. What a waste!
Its ridiculous the BCCI just waive their massive money around and there isnt more of an uproar on this. They literally got beaten the first test, got rid of the curator because they didnt like he wasnt preparing rank turners and doctored the next pitch so that it was basically unplayable.

And we get disgraced because Warner/Bancroft and co applied some sandpaper when teams have used other substances like lollies for years with no repercussions

Its ridiculous the BCCI just waive their massive money around and there isnt more of an uproar on this. They literally got beaten the first test, got rid of the curator because they didnt like he wasnt preparing rank turners and doctored the next pitch so that it was basically unplayable.
It will take India being outdone by their own pitches to change anything, which is what almost happened yesterday!

And we get disgraced because Warner/Bancroft and co applied some sandpaper when teams have used other substances like lollies for years with no repercussions

Both teams played on the same pitch - how is that unfair.

Is it an unfair pitch? No. Is it a terrible pitch that was actually prepared on purpose to help push a result towards India? Absolutely.

Hullo, Going back a few months, didn't we prepare a seamers wicket for the batsman friendly Adelaide pitch and bowl the Indians out for 36.

Last edited:
Hullo, Going back a few months back, didn't we prepare a seamers wicket for the batsman friendly Adelaide pitch and bowl the Indians out for 36.
Not to my knowledge. We prepared a more batsmen friendly pitch then Adelaide has had in a while to counter the fact the teams keep getting rolled in day/night tests.

Not only that, both spinners and seamers were able to take wickets. The game also went for an extra day and would have gone into day 4 if not for literally the greatest collapse in 100 years or a spectacular fail running between wickets on day 1 rather than the Indian test where the batting teams all had middling scores for the first three innings

Hullo, Going back a few months, didn't we prepare a seamers wicket for the batsman friendly Adelaide pitch and bowl the Indians out for 36.
I’d also argue seaming wickets don’t actually help us against good teams. We are better off making roads where the extra pace from our bowers actually makes a bigger difference. It’s why we normally get completely out played in English conditions where it moves more in the air and off the ground and the pace from our bowlers makes less of an impact

This game 5 not looking good. We didn’t make enough and the Kiwis are sailing along

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back