Autopsy St.Kilda v North Melbourne - Practice Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldstein, Cunnington, Davies-Uniake, Anderson, Polec & Dumont.

That's 6 of the starting 7 midfield that were missing,

The Saints were good, but have a little perspective Plugger.

Sorry Snake I didn't watch the game so I didn't realise you had so many of your big guns missing.

Goldstein and Cunnington played a big part in your comeback win against us in Rd1 last year, the only good game Cunnington played all bloody year.

Good luck for this season, I still think you will be bottom 4 but you've got some good youngsters and a good coach in Noble so a lot to look forward to.

They are usually trying to get some run into likely round one players in the preseason games. I think we have a few to come in still who are on managed programs (Greash, Hanners etc). He might miss out and have to make it back through the VFL. At least they should have a platform to push for selection this year.

Do we know if the VFL games are definitely going ahead yet ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Possibly.
I don't wish it on North, but can't see them not being bottom 3 this year with list and coaching situation.

I was watching Stephenson in the praccy match. Couldn't help but wonder how he'll go in a club that doesn't really look like contending in the near future. His output was pretty normal, 2 goals I think he got which sounds like a typical game for him. But get the feeling it might be a long season for him, especially after being at the Pies. Hope he goes well though after what he went through in the off season.

No need to convince Saints supporters how much you miss Cunnington though. He's caused us plenty of headaches over the years.

Goldstein, Cunnington, Davies-Uniake, Anderson, Polec & Dumont.

That's 6 of the starting 7 midfield that were missing,

The Saints were good, but have a little perspective Plugger.
Yeah not sure you can pull the perspective card on that observation. Saints missing Marshall, Gresham, Jones, Hannebery from the middle and Geary, Paton from defence.

Yeah not sure you can pull the perspective card on that observation. Saints missing Marshall, Gresham, Jones, Hannebery from the middle and Geary, Paton from defence.

Apologies. I'm surprised we didn't lose by 300 points. Fortunately St Kilda took it easy.

Carlisle too

North using outs as an excuse is funny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are fortunate. Why couldn’t the 20 odd other blokes that actually did play not play like witches hats?

Snake is a good poster, we were beating up on a young inexperienced side and while their outs wouldn't have been likely to get them a win, they would have been more competitive. They did beat us round one last year with their better players in. They are in rebuild mode while we are honing our side for a charge at finals. It's a bit like getting excited about how tough you are after stealing a prep kids pocket money. Having Goldy and Cunners would have at least been like having to take the kid's money with his dad watching.

Snake is a good poster, we were beating up on a young inexperienced side and while their outs wouldn't have been likely to get them a win, they would have been more competitive. They did beat us round one last year with their better players in. They are in rebuild mode while we are honing our side for a charge at finals. It's a bit like getting excited about how tough you are after stealing a prep kids pocket money. Having Goldy and Cunners would have at least been like having to take the kid's money with his dad watching.
Snake is selective with whom he likes.
Snake should learn his place on an opposition board
It’s not hard to understand

Snake is a fellow FOTY, you only get that badge if you fight the good fight, I got my FOTY for fighting the good fight against the 2016 Bulldogs umpiring.

There's not many North posters that I respect but him and SLF are a couple of them, they fight the good fight for North.

So, not bottom 4 then?
North are bottom 4, possible wooden spooners but in the long run they are well ahead of the crows and the hawks atm.

North have good youth and decent older players. Plus you can always bet that North will be campaigners to play against. The word die does not exist anywhere in that club.

Yep I agree Snake is a good poster and never gives us trouble. that result was about right for where both teams are at the minute

Good poster or not I don’t know him, and If he wants to come on our board and be a smart arse then he should expect to cop a bit back.
He is ok, however the point of North using missing players laughable considering the players we were missing.

But practice game people, practice game.

Good hitout, no injuries to either team.

The problem with seeking balance in the discussion is that it tends to be misconstrued by the parochial in a defensive manner, which is not its intention.

AFL discussion boards involve a significant representation of inexperienced parochial contributors who are incapable of understanding the nuances of the sport, and who get ultra defensive the moment any significant factors are presented.

This practice match didn't reveal anything definitive to me. There was just too much data left out of the match.

How do I think the sides will go in 2021?

I reckon StKilda should be aiming for 5th/6th all going well, and they could go deep in to the finals. They are probably not top tier at the moment, but they are next tier.

North's best could be 8 wins and I reckon we will have had a bad season if we can't snag 5 wins, but we're far from the basket case that the misleading 2020 season would have some believe. I suspect we will emerge as the team we are going to become this year. At some point the kids will all click and the football myopics will be able to see.

Injuries, of course, will play a massive role in any outcomes.

He is ok, however the point of North using missing players laughable considering the players we were missing.

But practice game people, practice game.

Good hitout, no injuries to either team.

I don't know, 4 years ago you could take Stuv and a couple of others out and Hawks could miss Buddy, Mitchell and several other big names and we'd get a pretty similar result. We are an experienced side now with hardly any kids. North are at a different point in the cycle. The Saints played a good game and did everything right but for the relative sides it was probably a fair result.

The problem with seeking balance in the discussion is that it tends to be misconstrued by the parochial in a defensive manner, which is not its intention.

AFL discussion boards involve a significant representation of inexperienced parochial contributors who are incapable of understanding the nuances of the sport, and who get ultra defensive the moment any significant factors are presented.

This practice match didn't reveal anything definitive to me. There was just too much data left out of the match.

How do I think the sides will go in 2021?

I reckon StKilda should be aiming for 5th/6th all going well, and they could go deep in to the finals. They are probably not top tier at the moment, but they are next tier.

North's best could be 8 wins and I reckon we will have had a bad season if we can't snag 5 wins, but we're far from the basket case that the misleading 2020 season would have some believe. I suspect we will emerge as the team we are going to become this year. At some point the kids will all click and the football myopics will be able to see.

Injuries, of course, will play a massive role in any outcomes.

Obviously we are all hoping for top 4 now. If everything goes right and sides above us get the wobbles we could get there and it doesn't even feel like bluster. Our fans haven't had much to swing our dicks about in the last decade, we're all ready to become obnoxious, we are just getting some early practice in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back