Women's Footy Rd 5 v Brisbane @ Freo Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright peeps, which one of you is gonna start the Freeeeeeeeoooooo chant if we’re up at the end of the game? I am seriously going to be listening for it here in Chicago. I better hear you. I can’t think of a women’s game where I heard it yet.

Who’s going to commit getting it started?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I tried to get it started last week. I had about a dozen people with me for about 3 rounds then they all shut up. They were more interested in some lame-arse chant you hear at the cricket when The Barmy Army are in full voice.
I was left, like a crazy woman, a lone voice, yelling Freeooooo on top of my lungs.
But was I embarrassed? Did I shy away from this potential public shame?

No. I. Did. Not.

And shame on all those who left one poor, slightly manic, middle-aged woman to carry the flag alone!

Now, new topic: WTF is going on??

Show me the *ing KJ coz I’m getting close to losing my s**t!!!

I tried to get it started last week. I had about a dozen people with me for about 3 rounds then they all shut up. They were more interested in some lame-arse chant you hear at the cricket when The Barmy Army are in full voice.
I was left, like a crazy woman, a lone voice, yelling Freeooooo on top of my lungs.
But was I embarrassed? Did I shy away from this potential public shame?

No. I. Did. Not.

And shame on all those who left one poor, slightly manic, middle-aged woman to carry the flag alone!

Now, new topic: WTF is going on??

Show me the f*n KJ coz I’m getting close to losing my sh*t!!!
I was standing right by the interchange, and heard a Freee-oo call a couple of times, but mostly heard some weird "Let's go Dockers, mighty, mighty Dockers" thing.

I was standing right by the interchange, and heard a Freee-oo call a couple of times, but mostly heard some weird "Let's go Dockers, mighty, mighty Dockers" thing.
Ugh. I heard that too.

I love the enthusiasm, but those generic, sports-carnival chants are cringey.
Gimme the 'Freeeeoooo' chant dammit! We don't hear it nearly as much at Optus during the men's games as we used to hear it at Subi Oval

I was in the Sth Freo stand so what you heard was prob my efforts.

The Barmy Army one went -

We are the Dockers
The mighty mighty Dockers
Hey (pause for 3 beats) Ho (same pause)

Repeat ad nauseum (or ad nausea!).

Bit of a logjam to start. Congested in Freos defensive 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit sloppy. Hot contest but we're throwing the ball on the boot too slapdash and turning it over.

Verrier unlucky hitting the post there. A continuation of our slow starts but only down by the 5

also fox can * off with these games being called off a screen in Melbourne, there’s nothing stopping them from doing their usual AFLW coverage of Papalia, Pav, Armstrong + guest

Jeez. Peppeting the goals and kicking behinds only 😑

Awful half of football

Freo is capable of quick goals but Brisbane defensively have been a bit switched on. Gotta try and jag them with quick bursts into the forward 50 and maybe lower kicks, not hack it forward bombs! Wear them down. Inaccuracies at goal haven't helped, could easily be minimum 3 in front

Remove this Banner Ad

Back