2021 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important to keep our expectations of these kids realistic.
If the three of them each get 5-10 games this year, then great. - about right for 1st year players
Also wanting / hoping Warner, Gould, Ling get 10ish games too.
Would like to see what Armatey has to offer at senior level..
and.. I reckon Sheather is a smokey for a few games this year?? ! ?

So the big question after the all mighty, all important scratch match... who is winning a Brownlow this year, and whose career are we sticking a fork in?

Haha well for the fork I will throw to Hayward given he has a lot to prove but didn’t really stand out at all today.

Assume this was directed at me.
Hayward isn’t a kid anymore and he needs to start to step up or others will push him out of the team.

Gulden played a similar role and though different players (see: about 10cm!) I thought Gulden showed promising decision-making signs, and that has always been my biggest knock on Hayward. He just does the wrong thing too often (Him getting run-down 30m out from goal against Geelong last year still haunts me.)

It's only a scratch match, and I take individual performances in these things with a grain of salt, hence my above jibe a few posts up. But eventually performances stack up and I think Hayward is one who needed to use this opportunity to reaffirm his hold on that HHF role, and I don't think he did.

Gulden played a similar role and though different players (see: about 10cm!) I thought Gulden showed promising decision-making signs, and that has always been my biggest knock on Hayward. He just does the wrong thing too often (Him getting run-down 30m out from goal against Geelong last year still haunts me.)

It's only a scratch match, and I take individual performances in these things with a grain of salt, hence my above jibe a few posts up. But eventually performances stack up and I think Hayward is one who needed to use this opportunity to reaffirm his hold on that HHF role, and I don't think he did.

Yeah I hear you. I was mucking around because you wouldn’t have expected a reply from me. I don’t genuinely think he has a fork in him, but he needs to step up as there are other players emerging in different areas of the ground along with competition for his current position that he needs to deliver.

What I mean by that is we could have someone emerge in defence (Campbell and Ling for example) which allows Dawson to go forward to replace Hayward.

Have a new series going on our website in preparation of the 2021 season. Running through all the club's lists and best 22s and Sydney has just dropped. Always feel like a supporters' judgement is one of the best going around so give us a follow, check it out and let us know your thoughts!

Have a new series going on our website in preparation of the 2021 season. Running through all the club's lists and best 22s and Sydney has just dropped. Always feel like a supporters' judgement is one of the best going around so give us a follow, check it out and let us know your thoughts!

I can definitely see Sinclair playing in place of Buddy or Reid in the likely event one of them is injured but I can't see us playing Sinclair, Reid, Franklin and Hickey all at once as that is a bit top heavy.

Also really hard to tell right now but there is a good chance one of Gulden or Campbell will break into the team pretty quickly.

After today and Rampe talking up Goulden at every chance

B: Rampe - Melican - Lloyd
HB: B.Campbell - McCartin - J.Dawson (Fox)
C: Florent - Mills - N.Blakey (D Stephens/Cunningham)
HF: Heeney - Buddy - Hayward (Goulden)
F: Papley - 2 of Reid/Sinclair/L.Mcdonald
R: Hickey - JPK - L.Parker (Rowbottom)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, fantasy question here.

Just wondering if the Swans have any draftees from either 2020, or the last couple years who are doing well in the intra-club games/scratch match from this week. Would you expect them to be best 22?

Thanks in advance.

Just wondering if the Swans have any draftees from either 2020, or the last couple years who are doing well in the intra-club games/scratch match from this week. Would you expect them to be best 22?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if best 22 yet but Gulden had a good game in the practice match against GWS yesterday. Will need to see how he goes next week though to see if he is a chance for round 1.

Thanks in advance.
Gould is an absolute lock in defense. Looks to be a rebounding machine

Thanks in advance.

I won’t say expect. But Ling and Gulden were good yesterday. If they back that up there is every chance they play round one.

Apparently Rampe told the commentary team Campbell, Gulden and L.Mcdonald would all debut round 1. Think maybe off air
maybe he meant the pre-season game this weekend?
Cause there is no way in a million years you could say that about LMac.

So the big question after the all mighty, all important scratch match... who is winning a Brownlow this year, and whose career are we sticking a fork in?
Brownlow goes to Chad Warner in 5 years. Fork goes in to McInerney - I really like what I saw of Lings game and he takes McInerney's spot

Brownlow goes to Chad Warner in 5 years. Fork goes in to McInerney - I really like what I saw of Lings game and he takes McInerney's spot

Then in that case we wish Justin well in his future and thank him for his service to the club over the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back