Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

" People are experiencing real-life accountability and consequences for pushing baseless conspiracy theories, denying science, promoting hate and violence, and showing insensitivity to others. "

Spud bump.

Mr. & Mrs. Potato head no longer.

I will expect now whenever I receive any correspondence addressed to me it will be 'Dear Name name' and no longer 'Dear Mr. Name name"

No biggie, don't see the necessity though.

Will it be the end for the famous Mr Ed?, what about Mr Football, is he just now labelled Football? The band Mr Mr? Miss Maudes the Bakery, Just Maudes now?

Spud bump.

I will expect now whenever I receive any correspondence addressed to me it will be 'Dear Name name' and no longer 'Dear Mr. Name name"

Will it be the end for the famous Mr Ed?, what about Mr Football, is he just now labelled Football? The band Mr Mr? Miss Maudes the Bakery, Just Maudes now?

It literally still says Mr. Potato Head / Mrs. Potato Head on the box - they are just consolidating the brand name from 'Mr. Potato Head' to 'Potato Head'.

Let's be honest, Hasbro are just having a bet each way.

They are changing the brand to Potato Head. Seems sensible given under that they make Mr Potato Head, Mrs Potato Head and other products. Not sure that needed an annoucement.

They are introducing some inclusive product set where you can make your own potato family. Which I assume is just multiple potatoes and a box full of noses, ears etc. so how you want to 'gender' your spud is up to you. That kind of announcement is going to appeal to the minority it is aimed at and the woke, and outrage the angry mob.

Somehow whether by poor PR or outrage media spin people think that Mr and Mrs Potato Head have been replaced by a gender neutral potato. FMD.

Spud bump.

How is this cancel culture?

They are changing the brand to Potato Head. Seems sensible given under that they make Mr Potato Head, Mrs Potato Head and other products. Not sure that needed an annoucement.
Why would a company NOT try to get some free publicity out of a product change?

That is almost the only reason that some changes are made.

Don’t over-think it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes it has gone too far.
Its exists on a totally ridiculous premise of trying to apply todays apparent so called values, to situations from years and decades ago.
Very definition of *ed.

Yes they are and for no valid reason, unless it's just a pr stunt to make news to put their product in the news. I don't see the necessity.
Hasbro is officially renaming the MR. POTATO HEAD brand to POTATO HEAD to better reflect the full line.

https://corporate.hasbro.com/en-us/articles/create_your_potato_head_family_launching_this_fall

It's a product line consolidation. It was a standard corporate press release that only became 'news' because hack journalists knew that a very sensitive segment of the internet with nothing better to do with their lives would get worked up about it and retweet/repost it (as you have done here) - giving them clicks and views.

Doesn't the second sentence say But rest assured, the iconic MR. and MRS. POTATO HEAD characters aren’t going anywhere and will remain MR. and MRS. POTATO HEAD.

But I guess culture warriors gotta culture warrior.

Hasbro is officially renaming the MR. POTATO HEAD brand to POTATO HEAD to better reflect the full line.

https://corporate.hasbro.com/en-us/articles/create_your_potato_head_family_launching_this_fall

It's a product line consolidation. It was a standard corporate press release that only became 'news' because hack journalists knew that a very sensitive segment of the internet with nothing better to do with their lives would get worked up about it and retweet/repost it (as you have done here) - giving them clicks and views.

Yeah nah.

“Culture has evolved,” Kimberly Boyd, who works on the Potato Head brand at Hasbro, told Fast Company. “Kids want to be able to represent their own experiences. The way the brand currently exists - with the “Mr.” and “Mrs.” - is limiting when it comes to both gender identity and family structure.”​
The “sweet spot” for the Potato Head toy is about two or three years old, Boyd told Fast Company. Not just because of its silliness, but because of its capacity to serve as a blank slate where they can model their experiences. “This often takes the form of creating little potato families, because they’re learning what it means to be in a family.”​

Yeah nah.

“Culture has evolved,” Kimberly Boyd, who works on the Potato Head brand at Hasbro, told Fast Company. “Kids want to be able to represent their own experiences. The way the brand currently exists - with the “Mr.” and “Mrs.” - is limiting when it comes to both gender identity and family structure.”​
The “sweet spot” for the Potato Head toy is about two or three years old, Boyd told Fast Company. Not just because of its silliness, but because of its capacity to serve as a blank slate where they can model their experiences. “This often takes the form of creating little potato families, because they’re learning what it means to be in a family.”​

So what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back