Switch Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see the thought process, trying to get the gen 4 games to work in the new SWSH setting would have taken them longer than it would have for past remakes but still it looks very poor which is expected when you give it to such a small indie team to do.

if I don’t see any meaningful changes to either post game or better type variety than the older games then it will be the first mainline games I’ve never bought.

Not a fan of that type of Braverly Default looking chibi artwork, but then again the player models weren’t that great to begin with from X and Y onwards.

Our only hope now is an eventual Platinum remake next gen that has effort put into it. 1% chance of that happening.

Missed this gen so I'm keen. Art style is fine, given that all of the team are working on Legends, I'll take something that stays faithful to the original. Sort of reminds me of the Links Awakening remake.

Had I already played it I probably would've given it a miss though. I was actually hoping the next remake was Let's Go versions of Gold/Silver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's Go versions of main games make me tear my hair out. Imagine having to grind EXP by risking the dumbest unavoidable RNG in the entire series -- the catching process. Can't decrease health in anyway possible in regular battles, just gotta chuck and hope you get lucky. **** that.
I don't know if this is in reference to my comment but I couldn't agree more. I like the artstyle and prefer it over BDSP and SWSH but keep the gameplay to Pokemon Go thanks.

Missed this gen so I'm keen. Art style is fine, given that all of the team are working on Legends, I'll take something that stays faithful to the original. Sort of reminds me of the Links Awakening remake.

Had I already played it I probably would've given it a miss though. I was actually hoping the next remake was Let's Go versions of Gold/Silver.
I'd also recommend playing Platinum if the remakes turn out to not take any of the good improvements from it.

Best Pokemon game by far IMO with Emerald version. Had a lot of quality of life improvements that made Diamond Pearl annoying to play and had a heaps load of additional content, in the main story and post game.

this makes me very happy, gen 4 was when i got into pokemon and thus sinoh was my first region

yeah same, Platinum and SoulSilver were the first games I ever played and will always have a soft spot in my heart.

That being said, I'm not sure there's going to be that much different in this remake apart from some nice battle graphics, and if that's the case I'll just stick to playing Platinum on an emulator.

yeah same, Platinum and SoulSilver were the first games I ever played and will always have a soft spot in my heart.

That being said, I'm not sure there's going to be that much different in this remake apart from some nice battle graphics, and if that's the case I'll just stick to playing Platinum on an emulator.
yeah, if these are literally 1:1 remakes of diamond and pearl, i am going to be disappointed
but i don't really get why they would do that, none of the others remakes were like that

yeah, if these are literally 1:1 remakes of diamond and pearl, i am going to be disappointed
but i don't really get why they would do that, none of the others remakes were like that
Probably figured they could make a quick buck with the amount of people pining for a sinnoh remake and then ****ed it off to the small team to bang something together for cheap

Probably figured they could make a quick buck with the amount of people pining for a sinnoh remake and then f’ed it off to the small team to bang something together for cheap
it's game freak, would not surprise me
as long as they keep hm's gone, i don't want any of my pokemon to learn defog

it's game freak, would not surprise me
as long as they keep hm's gone, i don't want any of my pokemon to learn defog
*, thanks for reminding me about that abomination of a HM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back