Women's Footy Match Thread - Dogs vs Giants

She’s improved massively. Hard to tell what happened at the game. Are they talking ACL?
Yes pretty much. Looked innocuous but by her and teams reaction and the knee brace looks ACL

Impressive win. I missed the match but have watched some highlights ... which is another way of saying I have seen a few of the goals that were scored. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you how the game was played.
Four questions:
1. Sounds like Ellie Blackburn was shaded (tagged?) this week, so who stepped up in the midfield in her absence?
2. How was the umpiring? Crap again? Or do we have to wait until we play at Victoria Park to get another taste of that?
3. Did Brown continue her impressive form in defence?
4. How was Fitzgerald this week? Did she have a quiet game? (It would be a first if she did.)

I note that Brown was named in our best but Fitzgerald wasn't.

Impressive win. I missed the match but have watched some highlights ... which is another way of saying I have seen a few of the goals that were scored. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you how the game was played.
Four questions:
1. Sounds like Ellie Blackburn was shaded (tagged?) this week, so who stepped up in the midfield in her absence?
2. How was the umpiring? Crap again? Or do we have to wait until we play at Victoria Park to get another taste of that?
4. How was Fitzgerald this week? Did she have a quiet game? (It would be a first if she did.)

Brown was great again I thought. Thought the umps were ok. Guest was pretty good too

Four questions:

1. Lamb
2. Umpiring was much better
3. Yes, but still has a couple of brain fades
4. I didn't notice her anywhere near as much as previous weeks

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A fantastic all round performance today, Toogood finally hitting the scoreboard after being held goalless the last 3 weeks and Huntington continues to cement herself as one of the games elite players and if she can keep injury free I have no doubt she will be the best key position player in the coming years.

Brown in defence has been outstanding and Lynch has been a terrific pickup. It was great to get a win without heavily relying on Blackburn who had a quieter game by her high standards. Georgostathis and Ferris were excellent by hand and foot both at over 70% and Lochland just never gives up and is finding a second coming on the wing.

I thought our tackling today was probably our best ever and the umpiring was better today but still not great although it didn't really favour one team.

It's also fantastic getting games into Hartwig who is going to be a star with her pressure and speed already well above average as well as Georgostathis.

It will be great to play at Victoria Park next week a ground we have never played at before and I imagine it will be a sellout. Our history in the V/AFL was not great at Vic Park (10/44) so let's hope we can improve on that in the AFLW.

Now as always here are some stats...

Ruck Contests (Hitouts/To Advantage)
33 - Rennie (12/4)
30 - Moody (12/3)
5 - Toogood (0/0)
3 - Marshall (1/0)

Hitouts To Advantage

WB: 7
GW: 13

First Possessions
WB: 26
GW: 30

Clearances/Effective Clearances
WB: 22/22
GW: 28/22

Tackle Efficiency
WB: 78%
GW: 68%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 3
GW: 2

Score Launches
2 - Marshall
1 - Ferres, Gamble, Guest, Lynch, Blackburn, Berry, Georgostathis, Lochland, Toogood, Rennie

Shots At Goal
WB: 16 (44%)

GW: 7 (43%)

Targets Inside 50
5 - McLeod
4 - Huntington, Toogood
3 - Georgostathis
2 - Berry, Blackburn, Marshall, Moody
1 - Fitzgerald, Lamb

Turnovers Punished By Goals
1 - Lochland, Scott

Pressure Gauge
WB: 221 (Elite)
GW: 214 (Elite)

Champion Data Ranking Points/Supercoach Points
166 - Toogood
147 - Lamb
139 - Huntington
132 - Georgostathis
128 - Ferres
122 - McLeod
119 - Blackburn
117 - Guest
103 - Lochland
102 - Brown
80 - Fitzgerald
73 - Berry
71 - Rennie
65 - Lynch
63 - Scott
56 - Marshall
50 - Newton
40 - Hunt
37 - Moody
36 - Gamble
20 - Hartwig

Free Kick Summary
Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 9.37.50 pm.png

Score Sources
Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 9.38.17 pm.png

ScottyDogg

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
A fantastic all round performance today, Toogood finally hitting the scoreboard after being held goalless the last 3 weeks and Huntington continues to cement herself as one of the games elite players and if she can keep injury free I have no doubt she will be the best key position player in the coming years.

Brown in defence has been outstanding and Lynch has been a terrific pickup. It was great to get a win without heavily relying on Blackburn who had a quieter game by her high standards. Georgostathis and Ferris were excellent by hand and foot both at over 70% and Lochland just never gives up and is finding a second coming on the wing.

I thought our tackling today was probably our best ever and the umpiring was better today but still not great although it didn't really favour one team.

It's also fantastic getting games into Hartwig who is going to be a star with her pressure and speed already well above average as well as Georgostathis.

It will be great to play at Victoria Park next week a ground we have never played at before and I imagine it will be a sellout. Our history in the V/AFL was not great at Vic Park (10/44) so let's hope we can improve on that in the AFLW.

Now as always here are some stats...

Ruck Contests (Hitouts/To Advantage)
33 - Rennie (12/4)
30 - Moody (12/3)
5 - Toogood (0/0)
3 - Marshall (1/0)

Hitouts To Advantage

WB: 7
GW: 13

First Possessions
WB: 26
GW: 30

Clearances/Effective Clearances
WB: 22/22
GW: 28/22

Tackle Efficiency
WB: 78%
GW: 68%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 3
GW: 2

Score Launches
2 - Marshall
1 - Ferres, Gamble, Guest, Lynch, Blackburn, Berry, Georgostathis, Lochland, Toogood, Rennie

Shots At Goal
WB: 16 (44%)

GW: 7 (43%)

Targets Inside 50
5 - McLeod
4 - Huntington, Toogood
3 - Georgostathis
2 - Berry, Blackburn, Marshall, Moody
1 - Fitzgerald, Lamb

Turnovers Punished By Goals
1 - Lochland, Scott

Pressure Gauge
WB: 221 (Elite)
GW: 214 (Elite)

Champion Data Ranking Points/Supercoach Points
166 - Toogood
147 - Lamb
139 - Huntington
132 - Georgostathis
128 - Ferres
122 - McLeod
119 - Blackburn
117 - Guest
103 - Lochland
102 - Brown
80 - Fitzgerald
73 - Berry
71 - Rennie
65 - Lynch
63 - Scott
56 - Marshall
50 - Newton
40 - Hunt
37 - Moody
36 - Gamble
20 - Hartwig

Free Kick Summary
View attachment 1066645

Score Sources
View attachment 1066646
Thanks Oliver, great work. Went with the fam again. Continue to be very impressed. Huntington is something else.

ScottyDogg

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Isn’t just leading the league in goals but has twice as many contested marks as the next best player.

Aaron Naughton step aside.

7814489E-5CE9-4012-99D4-8AE644E40C34.jpeg

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Four questions:

1. I think we had a pretty even contribution in the midfield. Lamb had her usual highly influential game. Lochland was very productive too.

2. The umpiring seemed perfectly fine to me which might mean we were favoured by it; I haven't checked the free kick stat.

3. Brown's form has definitely continued. Her game seems to have risen to another level and she's managing to sustain it.

4. I felt like Fitzgerald had a more quiet game but every time she was involved she was brilliant. It was a good enough game to retain her spot as the favourite for the rising star.

Back