Unsolved The vanishing of businesswoman Melissa Caddick - NSW

Sounds like the torso has washed up now. Gee whiz, sounds like a shark has come along at some point after she entered the water

Depends on what the torso looks like I think. She's been out there decomposing for a while and through some rough waters, her corpse would have come apart at the joints so her head and legs have fallen away. They might show up somewhere else.

The torso is good to have though for the examiner, they might be able to help confirm via breaks in bones and the kind of breaks they are, that she fell on the rocks and was swept out.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Sad news she put herself in a position of feeling cornered with no other choice. Bad news for the people who invested their life savings with her. Suicide might indicate there isn't a great bit pot of money stashed anywhere they can get at.
It sounds like she spend all the $$ on her lifestyle etc..
I feel more for the son, Mum dead, has to move schools etc..

It sounds like she spend all the $$ on her lifestyle etc..
I feel more for the son, Mum dead, has to move schools etc..

It would be a terrible blow for her son and particularly in it being so high profile.

$20m is a lot to lose even on high end clothes and holidays in Aspen. There must be something left in shares and property, the feds will have to do the accounting and try to work it all out I guess.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
It would be a terrible blow for her son and particularly in it being so high profile.

$20m is a lot to lose even on high end clothes and holidays in Aspen. There must be something left in shares and property, the feds will have to do the accounting and try to work it all out I guess.
She did buy that house in dover heights and her parents a penthouse?
nobody really knows where the money is, even the husband would have NFI it seems.

She did buy that house in dover heights and her parents a penthouse?
nobody really knows where the money is, even the husband would have NFI it seems.

Those properties might be mortgaged to the hilt as well, who knows. The accounting will be done even if it looks to me like it might be mired in legal issues that could go on for years.

Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
Those properties might be mortgaged to the hilt as well, who knows. The accounting will be done even if it looks to me like it might be mired in legal issues that could go on for years.
Reading about it they still both have mortgages on them, think total assets only reach about 5m from memory, personally think there is no money left, don’t think there is a pot of gold out there, only winners be the accountants tracing the money

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Does anyone know details of after M.C was raided by ASIC ?
Who was home with her ?
Was it the very next morning the door was heard and apparently she left for a run?
I have not seen this in any reports lately.
News reports say she disappeared "two days" after the raid.
For some reason I came to the conclusion she left the very next morning, Am I wrong ?
Again the question, of whom was there after the raid?
Was she with her husband the night after raid? Where's that timeline ?
thanks

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Here's something...
"Ms Caddick had been missing since November 12, when she left her Dover Heights home in Sydney's eastern suburbs, telling her husband she was going for an early morning run."

Steve The Dude

Left Right Out
Feb 9, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Melissa Caddick either (1) committed suicide, or (2) was murdered by one or more of her victims or perhaps by a toecutter/footcutter gang seeking to extract her remaining ill-gotten booty. Option (3) is that a rubber dinghy was the only getaway vessel she could afford with her assets frozen and tried to paddle her way to Mexico but got washed off in heavy seas only a few miles off the Sydney coast and drowned, then got nibbled at by the sea wildlife.

Back