Review Hawks v Dogs Practice Match, Wednesday 24th Feb 10.30am

Remove this Banner Ad

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Exactly what we need developing in the background.
Full season as number 1 ruck for box hill - then another pre season and would be ready to play some games next year.
If Ceglar and McEvoy are both missing he will play this year you'd think. Reports are thay he's gone past Brooksby now. Not sure how much we play both cegs and McEvoy but perhaps ned gets one game as a backup to them so he has a taste of what's needed. 2022 he can push for selection on form.

Great news about his development as when we picked him up many said he was miles off it.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have rewatched the second and third quarters this morning- was really great to see that the more dominant players for us during this period were our younger players. Morrison was in everything, Downie inspired, Brockman had some class moments, Cj had some great moments and Worpel/Cuz looked good in the middle.
A lot of our mid-aged players I think were integral during this period.
Watching Howe in particular he played such a solid defensive role when near the congestion and used the ball really well on the outside- I'd say the only real thing he's missing in his game at the minute is leg speed.
TOB's release work with some really long cutting patterns probably get over looked- but if we're talking about strong running patterns from Downie going unrewarded I reckon we should acknowledge that TOB used to do a lot of "useless" running but now he's getting more reward for it (this is I'd say different to him dropping a heap of easy marks).
JOM looked a lot more solid with ball in hand and I think him playing a less pronounced role will be really beneficial for his game, I've always thought of him as needing to move up to CHF/onto a wing but he looked comfortable playing more behind the ball in this one.
Phillips' versatility is a real surprise and added bonus for mine, his inside mid work gives us something special to work with and once he gets some consistent game time under his belt with the team I can see him throwing other teams through the loop!

Sidenote: Footy can't start soon enough.

Angus Hanrahan is his younger brother who missed getting drafted fyi (i know its a running joke)

If good enough it would be good to see him at Box Hill in the future. He's at Port Melbourne now from memory? I wondered at the time if the commentator had set her mind back 5 years or so and gotten Oli mixed up with Angus Litherland.

Was at Frankston, yeah. At Port this year though according to this - https://www.portmelbournefc.com.au/2021-signings-trio-of-exciting-youngsters-join-the-borough/. Don't mind watching Port when they telecast them due to the Gary Ayres connection so will keep an eye out for him when they play.
Grew up in Ross St Port Melbourne. When you see how close we lived to the ground, you'd know why my family were Borough fans our entire childhood. Went to every single game, watched Paul Swan and Fred Cook beat teams and win premierships on their own.

1614391787364.png

The coast to coast action in Angus' second goal, Morrison selling the candy for TOB's first goal and the long bomb by Frost are a joy to rewatch.
Morrison looks a different player. Fingers crossed it continues.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Footy articles are like poor man's HUN articles. And yes, that means that they're surprisingly worse.

It’s effectively the HUN without a paywall - hence the quality or lack thereof.

The parody Twitter account is bloody funny however:

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reading through this if it wasn't for the short line saying that we won you would have though we got smashed

Wow that certainly was a miserable appraisal of our performance. Even the teams that lost badly got more positive write ups 😂

Wow that certainly was a miserable appraisal of our performance. Even the teams that lost badly got more positive write ups 😂
Bradkli got a new job as copy writer at Fox.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From Sam Mitchell:

Ned Reeves
"The stand-out performer of the game was Ned Reeves. He took four big, strong contested marks and he was the dominant big man on the field. He made his presence felt in the air, but he was also able to lay some strong tackles at ground level which rounded out his game nicely."

Good to see he’s coming along.
Only getting a game due to his name/S

Small forwards need to be opportunists. As long as they take their chances when they get them, and create some for others that’s pretty much their role sorted.

Feb 6, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
I like the contrast between our review (it is all doom and gloom) and the Western Bulldogs review (they look top 4....)

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I like the contrast between our review (it is all doom and gloom) and the Western Bulldogs review (they look top 4....)
It doesn't worry me because I know it's there.
The media has always had a bias against us, proven way too many times to mention!
What cracks me up is the so called learned here - who still crap on no, no that's not true get off your tin hat foil complex....PLEASE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back