MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
True enough, and you really seem to see a lot more flash kos in MMA than in boxing, I'm not sure why that is. So yes, walk off kos look cool but very risky.
size of glove, Boxing Gloves do more damage overall. The flash KO's are just a lot of MMA fighters dont really have the boxing defense, as it's a multi skilled sport. In boxing You are not going to land an amazing uppercut from someone trying to grapple you, Or have Holland send Jacare to the shadow realm on their knee's

size of glove, Boxing Gloves do more damage overall. The flash KO's are just a lot of MMA fighters dont really have the boxing defense, as it's a multi skilled sport. In boxing You are not going to land an amazing uppercut from someone trying to grapple you, Or have Holland send Jacare to the shadow realm on their knee's
The boxing gloves also help the boxing defence

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Sums up why people can't take to the dickhead

Whether its running with the McGregor quotes or the fact he can't pick which personality he wants to go with. The nice complimenting guy or the arrogant dick

Hangs s**t on a guy for wearing a robe and then rolls up to weigh ins with face paint

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Rozenstruik Didnt seem like he wanted that fight, Bad showing as he had no answer for Gane keeping him at distance

Rosa V Silva Draw was terrific. Rivera V Munhoz also good. Dissapointed that Gane/Rozenstruik just kept their distance and Rozenstruik let Gane tag him with multiple long shots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
I can't be too critical of Gane. He was in his 8th fight against a guy who's knocked out nearly every man who has stepped in the octagon with him, I think he had the right game plan and will grow from this. The combos will come with confidence and if he ups his wrestling game he should be able to get to the trop.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fights at the top of HW are hard to put together

Ngannou v Jones would be ideal with Gane/Lewis/Volkov/Stipe matched up for next title shot after that.

Stipe could retire and no one is asking for a Lewis/Volkov rematch. Lewis v Gane probably gets done while the rest sorts itself out though?

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Winner of Francis/Stipe Vs Jones

Lewis Fights winner

Gane Might get Blades. I think its just that Stipe/Ngannou are clear cut 1/2. Whoever wins gets Jones, and then it's really open. I think Ngannou steamrolls through Jones, While Stipe might have a tougher time.

Gane's a talent but they wont put him against Lewis/Stipe/Ngannou/Jones yet, not without another fight

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Lewis Fights winner

Gane Might get Blades. I think its just that Stipe/Ngannou are clear cut 1/2. Whoever wins gets Jones, and then it's really open. I think Ngannou steamrolls through Jones, While Stipe might have a tougher time.

Gane's a talent but they wont put him against Lewis/Stipe/Ngannou/Jones yet, not without another fight

bold prediction re jones

i don’t like jones - but he is the best defensive fighter with the highest fight iq i have seen.

would think he would be a fav against both francis and stipe.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

Lewis Fights winner

Volkov is closer to a title shot than Gane for mine. Maybe they can fight
bold prediction re jones

i don’t like jones - but he is the best defensive fighter with the highest fight iq i have seen.

would think he would be a fav against both francis and stipe.

Jones gets mopped by Ngannou, has no power to keep him off and he couldn't even take down Santos. His best is behind him IMO
Stipe, closer fight for sure but the proper HW power will get to Jones eventually in a grueling fight

I'd bet pretty heavily on both as underdogs to Jones tbh.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jones gets mopped by Ngannou, has no power to keep him off and he couldn't even take down Santos. His best is behind him IMO
Stipe, closer fight for sure but the proper HW power will get to Jones eventually in a grueling fight

I'd bet pretty heavily on both as underdogs to Jones tbh.

whatever happens should be an interesting fight and although i like stipe i would rather see francis v jones so i hope francis wins.

jones is fast - has a chin - is an expert at range and has taken down dc. expect he will put in camps for these fights - and not just show up and expect to win as he has done previously at lhw.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeh... jones defs doesn’t have that one shot KO power, but he’s extremely hard to hit. It would really come down whether Jones volume and pace wears down Ngannous before he lands a fight ending shot.

I’d favour Stipe more heavily against Jones cause he’s a bit more rounded and has a better endurance base.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
This makes sense to me, he's the only one left who you could consider above Gane, that isn't one of the aforementioned four.
If Frankie Murder wins Sunday - gets Jones in July/August
Volkov v Gane around the same time
Stipe v Lewis depends on Stipe recovery but probably October-ish or Stipe retires

Would be pretty good to me but tbh I'd like to see Jones at HW before a title shot. Him v Lewis would be cool

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jones is too big a draw to risk him losing before a title fight. I get the logic but it just wouldn’t make sense (dollars).

I think if Jones wins the strap he closes the book on the goat convo.
He's the goat already I think. Khabib needs a few defenses which he won't get, Cejudo (double champ) didn't defend enough, DC lost to Jones x2, Anderson has a claim but lost way too many fights in his career now. GSP is the only contender Jones IMO

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
He's the goat already I think. Khabib needs a few defenses which he won't get, Cejudo (double champ) didn't defend enough, DC lost to Jones x2, Anderson has a claim but lost way too many fights in his career now. GSP is the only contender Jones IMO
Oh I’ve got him as the goat too, just saying if he does this it’s essentially beyond dispute imo.

Back