Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
I'll say it again, how in hell can you stamp Skinner's papers based on a thrashing in a practice match?

Young key forward with multiple knee injuries. 3 career games over a 4 year period.

We went in for his 1st game in eons with a new team with a pre-pubescent midfield in a new gameplan under a new coach against a strong opponent yesterday.

What would you expect? He was going to drag down 13 marks and kick 8 goals?

What I did see from his shot was that he has a nice action and gave it a hell of a roost. Maybe there's something there.

Well 9 marks and 6 goals would have been nice...

I'll say it again, how in hell can you stamp Skinner's papers based on a thrashing in a practice match?

Young key forward with multiple knee injuries. 3 career games over a 4 year period.

We went in for his 1st game in eons with a new team with a pre-pubescent midfield in a new gameplan under a new coach against a strong opponent yesterday.

What would you expect? He was going to drag down 13 marks and kick 8 goals?

What I did see from his shot was that he has a nice action and gave it a hell of a roost. Maybe there's something there.
Sober KC posting > Drunk KC posting

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need a tall forward. Larkey isn't good enough to be the big banana, and Zurhaar wont be enough to help him. I think there were high hopes for Comben, which is why Wood got the chop. I was hoping we'd draft Callow. I'd be expecting the recruiters to be locked in a meeting double checking which tall forwards are eligible to be taken now......
I think we can still take callow. He hasn't signed with an AFL side yet to my knowledge.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we can still take callow. He hasn't signed with an AFL side yet to my knowledge.

is callow the 194cm 100kg+ player? If so plonk him at ff and can be a devastating weapon. But where does this leave josh walker. Perhaps the reason we are not picking up another big tall is because of a surplus in walker. He is too good to be left out due to the tarrant, corr, mackay already in the backline. Walker at ff and larkey at chf can work very well imo.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
is callow the 194cm 100kg+ player? If so plonk him at ff and can be a devastating weapon. But where does this leave josh walker. Perhaps the reason we are not picking up another big tall is because of a surplus in walker. He is too good to be left out due to the tarrant, corr, mackay already in the backline. Walker at ff and larkey at chf can work very well imo.
Not sure Josh Walker would be a huge consideration when implementing a recruiting strategy.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure Josh Walker would be a huge consideration when implementing a recruiting strategy.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

He is one if our best key defender, so to leave him out would be a waste. He is a limited key forward but serviceable.

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He is one if our best key defender, so to leave him out would be a waste. He is a limited key forward but serviceable.

That doesn't make sense.....if he is one of our best key defenders then he would get a game or are you saying he is one of our best but behind 3 others that are more of our best!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Appleby was always a longshot. Skinner, less so because of our need for talls. Can see why both were not selected.

Looks like we are looking to the mid season draft. Should be some opportunities there in both the state league and the over agers.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Funnily feel a bit gutted for them both, must be such a letdown to put in that time for no positive outcome but that's the game they're in.

No issue with the decisions themselves. I was hopeful Skinner had more to show us if he was to get listed but understandable if neither forced the club's hand.

Funnily feel a bit gutted for them both, must be such a letdown to put in that time for no positive outcome but that's the game they're in.

No issue with the decisions themselves. I was hopeful Skinner had more to show us if he was to get listed but understandable if neither forced the club's hand.
Definitely a see and wait with the over-agers. I have a feeling that Skinner has lost too much spring/speed with all his injuries. Appleby was always a fairly limited player, but we could have done with a decent small lockdown defender/hb.

Mr north man

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Let’s hope if we are going to select a player in the mid year this player is not only smashing down the doors plus running thru brick walls in whatever comp he plays in no point getting a player for example has kicked 20 goals for the season but if there is a player who has kicked 60+ goals or no good getting a player with potential who is getting 25 possessions a game but if there is a road runner mid who can kick 50+ meters and averages 40+ possessions a game that’s what we need .
No more Tyson Hall Hosie types Please

Mid year draft, 2 years ago.....it comes to our pick, and we have two names from which to pick. Lachie Hosie and Jake Riccardi. Bumbling Joyce selects Hosie, who was quickly anointed as the new Blight.

This thread would be moot had have we made the proper choice.

It's hard not to look back in anger but this was a curious choice when we already had a plethora of mid size half forwards in Zurhaar, Taylor, Ziebs, Garner and even Wood.

Back