NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Also rename it Little Rotoworld.....

A video posted by Drew Brees' trainer showing the quarterback working out has raised questions about Brees' intent to retire.
The trainer, Todd Durkin, posted a video in which Brees pushed a weight sled -- hardly the exercise routine of a 42 year old getting ready to retire. The workout video was full of cryptic comments from Durkin, who said, "Don’t know what he’s doing, I’m not sure what he’s doing. Never quite been done before! That’s a new record because it’s never been done before!” while Brees pushed a sled across a parking lot. Saints head coach Sean Payton said nearly a month ago that he expected an announcement from Brees on his future with the team. That announcement never came. With Brees' salary already slashed by $24 million to allow the Saints to carry a reduced cap number until June 2, the Hall of Fame QB would theoretically play for a base salary of $1.075 million if he shirks retirement. For fantasy purposes, Brees coming back for one last run with New Orleans would make Alvin Kamara a top-2 pick in 2021, while Michael Thomas would be far less desirable than he would be with Jameis Winston or another signal caller with more arm strength than the aged Brees.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com
Feb 27, 2021, 2:17 PM ET

Josh Gordon signed with the Zappers of the Fan Controlled Football league.
It's one of the sadder sentences ever written about a player who once upon a time looked like an all-time great. After bouncing in and out of the NFL for eight years, Gordon, 29, joins the FCF, headlined by former Browns QB Johnny Manziel. FCF games are played seven-on-seven in a "high tech studio arena and streamed live on Twitch," according to the league's site. Fans can apparently call plays for FCF teams -- like a video game with human beings. Gordon most recently played for the Seahawks, and failed the terms of his conditional reinstatement in late December, effectively ending his NFL career. Gordon in 2013 led the NFL in receiving yards.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Feb 27, 2021, 3:27 PM ET

The 5 teams that can not refuse Hard Knocks this season are. Denver, Carolina, NY Giants, Dallas, Arizona.

and it will end up being Dallas because the NFL loves the NFC Least. but it might be worth it to watch the train wreck

Terrible show nowadays, well and truly cooked.

I tried telling you months ago AmericanCrow , he's gone ;)

Cleveland Browns TE David Njoku is a candidate to be released or traded this offseason as heads into the non-guaranteed fifth option year of his rookie contract, and Saturday, Feb. 27, he tweeted what sounds like a goodbye to Browns fans. 'Whatever happens I appreciate all the love from all my loyal fans,' Njoku wrote. 'I've kept quiet for a while but I wanted to express that at least for now. I love u guys.'

If the Panthers don't get Watson and draft a rookie QB I've got my eyes on Jonnu Smith and Njoku this offseason . Reckon both could be epic in Joe Brady's offense.

Also rename it Little Rotoworld.....

A video posted by Drew Brees' trainer showing the quarterback working out has raised questions about Brees' intent to retire.
The trainer, Todd Durkin, posted a video in which Brees pushed a weight sled -- hardly the exercise routine of a 42 year old getting ready to retire. The workout video was full of cryptic comments from Durkin, who said, "Don’t know what he’s doing, I’m not sure what he’s doing. Never quite been done before! That’s a new record because it’s never been done before!” while Brees pushed a sled across a parking lot. Saints head coach Sean Payton said nearly a month ago that he expected an announcement from Brees on his future with the team. That announcement never came. With Brees' salary already slashed by $24 million to allow the Saints to carry a reduced cap number until June 2, the Hall of Fame QB would theoretically play for a base salary of $1.075 million if he shirks retirement. For fantasy purposes, Brees coming back for one last run with New Orleans would make Alvin Kamara a top-2 pick in 2021, while Michael Thomas would be far less desirable than he would be with Jameis Winston or another signal caller with more arm strength than the aged Brees.
RELATED:
Feb 27, 2021, 2:17 PM ET
most shocking thing from the video was the hair. Someone spend the last month at advanced hair.

Terrible show nowadays, well and truly cooked.
Thats because of how controlling teams and the league is when it comes to footage released. no plays can be shown and nothing really from meetings that will give away gameplans or plays.

I dont blame the teams, because you would be stupid to let anyone know what you are running and teams are already good at tipping plays be watching film and picking up signals/verbiage or formations leading towards plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bears GM and HC, Pace and Nagy, have requested a presser on Tuesday their time. Hmm. Big news to announce?

Im sure the majority of bears fans are hoping it's their resignations.

no way, right?...

No, its taken out of context. its from the tweet saying he doesnt want to be traded but would be open to a trade with Raiders, Bears, Cowboys and one other team.

Cardinals signed DE J.J. Watt to a two-year, $31 million contract.
Considered a long shot, Arizona kept a low profile to sign Watt, who was considering the Packers, Browns, and Steelers among others. The money is reasonable, featuring $23 million in guarantees. Heading into his age-32 season, Watt will likely play more snaps on the inside as some of his speed dwindles, but he still brings a high-end edge presence in spurts. Per NextGenStats, Watt was double teamed at the highest rate in the NFL last year (30%). It's unclear if the Watt signing means Arizona won't re-sign OLB Haasan Reddick (13.0 sacks in 2020), but if he were to come back the trio of Watt, Reddick, and OLB Chandler Jones would vault the Cardinals' pass rush into top-three consideration. They were eighth in adjusted sack rate last season while playing aggressive man coverage on the backend. Arizona's front office is certainly chasing their rookie quarterback contract window to win.
Get an Edge: Check out the updated live odds, player props and projections for the 2021 season with our exclusive Betting Tools, which you can get by purchasing the with EDGE⁺ Max premium package.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 1, 2021, 12:55 PM ET

NBC Sports' Peter King reports the NFL is "highly likely" to have a 17-game regular season in 2021.
A 17-game regular season has been in the works since the players signed a new CBA in March 2020. King said "TV partners and NFL schedulers are working under the assumption that the 17-game schedule" that will include one bye week for each team. The extra regular season game would push the Super Bowl from February 6 to February 13. King added that the league -- with its expanded playoffs -- could have a Monday night Wild Card game in 2021. The NFL schedule is expected to include two games on Christmas, which falls on a Saturday, ensuring fantasy managers will be wrenched from their families on the holiday.
Mar 1, 2021, 8:19 AM ET

The 49ers have reached out to the Panthers about a potential trade for Teddy Bridgewater.
The Niners' interest in Bridgewater doesn't necessarily mean they're keen on replacing Jimmy Garoppolo as the team's starter. 49ers general manager John Lynch has said the team needs to upgrade its backup QBs as to avoid a lost season if or when the oft-injured Jimmy G is sidelined. Carolina is among the leaders in the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes, making Bridgewater expendable if a team has a solid offer for the veteran. There's almost no chance Bridgewater starts for Carolina in 2021.

RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Mar 1, 2021, 9:57 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Washington will part ways with Alex Smith.
Smith, 36, is owed $26.2 million in 2021. Releasing him before June 1 would save Washington $14.7 million against the salary cap. The 2020 Comeback Player of the Year came back from a two-year leg injury to start six games for the Football Team after starting the season as a third stringer. Smith said recently that he knew Ron Rivera's coaching staff "didn’t want me there, didn’t want me to be a part of it, didn’t want me to be on the team, the roster, didn’t want to give me a chance." Apparently he was right. Jaguars Report's John Shipley said a reunion between Smith and Urban Meyer, his coach at Utah, would make sense. In February, Washington signed Taylor Heinicke -- who impressed in a playoff start against Tampa -- to a two-year deal. Heinicke, 27, will have a shot at the starting job in 2021 even when Washington brings in signal callers via the draft and free agency.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 1, 2021, 10:34 AM ET

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Washington will part ways with Alex Smith.
Smith, 36, is owed $26.2 million in 2021. Releasing him before June 1 would save Washington $14.7 million against the salary cap. The 2020 Comeback Player of the Year came back from a two-year leg injury to start six games for the Football Team after starting the season as a third stringer. Smith said recently that he knew Ron Rivera's coaching staff "didn’t want me there, didn’t want me to be a part of it, didn’t want me to be on the team, the roster, didn’t want to give me a chance." Apparently he was right. Jaguars Report's John Shipley said a reunion between Smith and Urban Meyer, his coach at Utah, would make sense. In February, Washington signed Taylor Heinicke -- who impressed in a playoff start against Tampa -- to a two-year deal. Heinicke, 27, will have a shot at the starting job in 2021 even when Washington brings in signal callers via the draft and free agency.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 1, 2021, 10:34 AM ET

I don't think anyone wants to see him out there, do they? He did the thing, made the comeback, give it away Alex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back