Not open for further replies.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
What will happen over west?

WA is still stage 4 so only 50% capacity. McGowan was going to review it on gf day last year but he cracked the sads when WA didn't get the gf so they've been stuck in stage 4 ever since.

I thought he might keep that in his back pocket for a little sweetener heading into the election in a couple of weeks but his popularity is that high that he may not need to bother about it.

The first round game of WCE v GC is in Perth 8 days after the election. I'll be interested to see if he does anything between now and then.

Currently, Qld are rated as Very Low Risk so there's no need for GC to quarantine, however, with Victoria currently listed as Low Risk, if you travel from Vic to WA you currently have to quarantine for 2 weeks. WA have their policy of at least 28 days community transmission free before they will lower a state's status to Very Low Risk meaning no quarantine, if he's reset is to zero because of these 2 cases from yesterday that were already in quarantine then Melbourne can't play there in round 2. If he hasn't reset the counter then Victoria's 28 days is up around the 20th of March, so the Saturday of round 1. The risk you take is there being a community case between now and then.

Either all the Vic teams need to leave now and hub somewhere or the two WA teams need to leave WA and hub.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
What will happen over west?

WA is still stage 4 so only 50% capacity. McGowan was going to review it on gf day last year but he cracked the sads when WA didn't get the gf so they've been stuck in stage 4 ever since.

I thought he might keep that in his back pocket for a little sweetener heading into the election in a couple of weeks but his popularity is that high that he may not need to bother about it.

The first round game of WCE v GC is in Perth 8 days after the election. I'll be interested to see if he does anything between now and then.

Currently, Qld are rated as Very Low Risk so there's no need for GC to quarantine, however, with Victoria currently listed as Low Risk, if you travel from Vic to WA you currently have to quarantine for 2 weeks. WA have their policy of at least 28 days community transmission free before they will lower a state's status to Very Low Risk meaning no quarantine, if he's reset is to zero because of these 2 cases from yesterday that were already in quarantine then Melbourne can't play there in round 2. If he hasn't reset the counter then Victoria's 28 days is up around the 20th of March, so the Saturday of round 1. The risk you take is there being a community case between now and then.

Either all the Vic teams need to leave now and hub somewhere or the two WA teams need to leave WA and hub.

There is not a lot of confidence Melbourne will avoid more lockdowns.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Its going to put a spotlight on how few club members are able to attend after MCC & AFL Members get their seats.
Will 'away' supporters get a gig?

No different to Optus at this point in time while you're restricted to 50% over there. Did I read somewhere the other day that WCE are going to be using a ballot system to determine who gets in to home games?

Dogs had a allocation of 3000 againist the Pies. But even Pies members allocation were low due to the mcc/afl members allocation. Like 30,000 I heard leaving the rest for Pies.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Dogs had a allocation of 3000 againist the Pies. But even Pies members allocation were low due to the mcc/afl members allocation. Like 30,000 I heard leaving the rest for Pies.

When I got my ticket yesterday I had to pay for an upgraded adult seat before I could go any further. Thought it was odd unless I didn't read the fine print properly.

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
MCG is broken down into ~10k AFL members (who will be either Pies or Bulldogs coz it sold out during the club support period), ~10k MCC members (probably 50% supporters and 50% flogs taking seats when they support melbourne or hawthorn) and ~30k club members, majority being pies fans. should be a good crowd with plenty of supporters from both sides

When I got my ticket yesterday I had to pay for an upgraded adult seat before I could go any further. Thought it was odd unless I didn't read the fine print properly.
shouldn't have been charged, I know that ticketek has said they'll refund but maybe email/ring the club to make sure

weewilly

All Australian
Jul 18, 2003
Other Teams
Swans
I see the Sydney insecure bogan motor mouth V'Landys is bagging the AFL again.
I reckon The Flintstones would be about his type of show!

This fool hasen't got a clue, in business the best attack is NEVER mention the competition as it only draws attention to them!
I doubt the AFL has much to worry about the RL with this fool in charge!

Australian Rugby League Commission chairman Peter V'landys has blasted the AFL ahead of the start of its season, suggesting it's a 'boring sport' and he would rather watch TV show The Flintstones.

A week after the NRL regular season started, the AFL is set to get its campaign underway with the traditional opener between Richmond and Carlton on Thursday night at the MCG

But with Australia's two biggest sports set to go head-to-head during another winter period, V'landys used an interview with NRL legend Matty Johns to throw a barb in the direction of the AFL.
The 59-year-old revealed his disdain for the Australian rules football sport, describing it as 'boring' and suggesting people that followed the game must love 'boring things'.

"Next question. Not really no," V’landys said when asked if he liked AFL by Johns on Face to Face on Fox League.

"Look I’ve never been a fan and I don’t want to take anything away from the great athletes in the AFL players because they are great athletes and they have to be because it is such a boring sport.
"I just can’t get enthused on it and that’s just me. There’s a lot of other people that love the sport, but they must love a lot of other boring things too, but that’s just the way it is."
When asked by Johns what he would watch if he had the choice between AFL or rugby union, V'landys replied: "The Flintstones."
V'landys, who is also the chief executive of Racing NSW, explained his role in helping rugby league and racing compete in the winter sports period.
The administrator believes the AFL see both sports as a significant threat and they don't understand how to deal with competition.
"I love competition," V'landys said. "I think competition is a great thing and it improves your performance. It improves what you do.

"But they don’t see it that way. They see it as a threat. But it is just simply competition.
"They have never had competition so to them it is foreign and they don’t know how to handle it.
"All we are doing in the NRL and in Racing is giving them competition. We are going to get better and stronger and we are going to take some of their fans."

NoobPie

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
668K FTA and 243K on foxtel....

911K so might nudge 1.2M with regionals

Recon_29

All Australian
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
MCG is broken down into ~10k AFL members (who will be either Pies or Bulldogs coz it sold out during the club support period), ~10k MCC members (probably 50% supporters and 50% flogs taking seats when they support melbourne or hawthorn) and ~30k club members, majority being pies fans. should be a good crowd with plenty of supporters from both sides

shouldn't have been charged, I know that ticketek has said they'll refund but maybe email/ring the club to make sure

As an MCC member it is definitely more than 50% supporters in there for home and away games. You do get neutrals and as you should as you wait a long time and pay a premium for the membership.

Last night the Carlton crowd sounded incredibly loud for 2000 tickets plus whatever they had in MCC & AFL.

weewilly

All Australian
Jul 18, 2003
Other Teams
Swans
Even with the % drop on last years covid boosted figure of 1.275 million, the AFL still got more than the over hyped RL

AFL 1,120,000 - NRL 937,000

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Even with the % drop on last years covid boosted figure of 1.275 million, the AFL still got more than the over hyped RL

AFL 1,120,000 - NRL 937,000
It wasn’t their season opener though. Pretty disappointing really, as mentioned above no doubt the longer games will see a drop on last years averages though

jatz14

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 13, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Glory W-League
well, that is a new excuse....

please explain how cause I am very confused about how rain impacts TV ratings for a night match.
*, look at that weather, I might stay home and watch on TV.

Would have had an impact.

But not to the degree it would show up in ratings, few hundred to a thousand or 2?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

weewilly

All Australian
Jul 18, 2003
Other Teams
Swans
Only 46,051 at the MCG tonight.
So if it was a 50,000 "sellout" as the AFL were spruking where were the missing 4000?Or wasn't it a sellout!
Its hard to believe that 4000 people would pay to attend and not bother to turn up.

kaypee

All Australian
Aug 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls
Only 46,051 at the MCG tonight.
So if it was a 50,000 "sellout" as the AFL were spruking where were the missing 4000?Or wasn't it a sellout!
Its hard to believe that 4000 people would pay to attend and not bother to turn up.
please post often. you're great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back