No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just dropped that VFL Box hill have 6 pre season games before round one. They also had a warm up against footscray

So if you add 7 games to 22 plus 4 games finals that's a 33 game season. One off the magic 34 games for each team to play twice in an 18 team league

Stand a metre behind the mark and then you can move laterally like usual. I guess that will be the answer - simply be a step behind the umpires marked spot.

Also expect more players behind the ball to run forward to fill gaps for the short kick forward or sideward and those well in front of the ball will occupy the space 50 - 60 metres from where the mark was taken, rather than 40 - 50.

I noticed it hasn't stopped 'defender' or player infringing in the case of a free doing whatever can be gotten away with to slow the kicker.
Its like booking you for speeding as you bolt from a bank job

Stand a metre behind the mark and then you can move laterally like usual. I guess that will be the answer - simply be a step behind the umpires marked spot.
I think I read you have to be 5m behind the mark to do that. If 1m behind it would still be penalised.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

I think I read you have to be 5m behind the mark to do that. If 1m behind it would still be penalised.

And yeah, Joe Blogs stands 5m behind the mark, moves sideways and Razor Ray blows the whistle and says “you crept forward, come with me!”.

It’s just a ******* terrible rule that is going to be the reason 5000+ remote controls get hurled at the TV in Round 1.

And yeah, Joe Blogs stands 5m behind the mark, moves sideways and Razor Ray blows the whistle and says “you crept forward, come with me!”.

It’s just a ******* terrible rule that is going to be the reason 5000+ remote controls get hurled at the TV in Round 1.
Yeah it's absolutely terrible. The first month or 2 of radio and TV will be dominated by this rule and the repercussions of it. Not looking forward to it.

Players will have to demand that the umpires mark 5m behind, and then take another step back. As ridiculous as it is the players will need to make the umpires accountable by confirming the exact spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shows how lucky we have been as supporters of this great team with the like of Cyril, Hodge, Big Rough, Sam and even Buddy (before he was blinded by the Sh*tney life style)

Don't get all the angst with these 'expert' predictions.
Its great for us , no pressure on the young guys and I reckon this is where Clarko is at his best .

I think we will be pretty competitive in most games, might cop a belting here or there , but be a lot better next year . No matter where we finish this season .

Don't get all the angst with these 'expert' predictions.
Its great for us , no pressure on the young guys and I reckon this is where Clarko is at his best .

I think we will be pretty competitive in most games, might cop a belting here or there , but be a lot better next year . No matter where we finish this season .
I don’t get the angst either, considering most in here think the same & have posted such

Love that they managed to get one of his best goals ever in that clip, where Cyril falls over and gets back to his feet to collect and kick quicker than anyone else can run. 😂

I don’t get the angst either, considering most in here think the same & have posted such
Interesting the squiggle has us finishing on 9 wins when you do the auto-tip function, even with losses against the Roos.

Reckon we’ll surprise a few if we can get Mitchell, Gunston, Wingard back by Round 2-3.

Fox Footy's latest prediction for our Round 1 Team.

HAWTHORN

B:
Will Day, Kyle Hartigan, Blake Hardwick

HB: Damon Greaves, Sam Frost, Jarman Impey

C: Connor Downie, Tom Phillips, Tom Scully

HF: Chad Wingard, Mitch Lewis, Shaun Burgoyne

F: Oliver Hanrahan, Tim O’Brien, Luke Breust

FOLL: Ben McEvoy, James Worpel, Jaeger O’Meara

I/C: Liam Shiels, Jack Scrimshaw, Jon Ceglar, James Cousins

Who writes this stuff?

Is Scully making a comeback?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/47457c13027695f586626790670976c3

Last edited:
Fox Footy's latest prediction for our Round 1 Team.

HAWTHORN

B:
Will Day, Kyle Hartigan, Blake Hardwick

HB: Damon Greaves, Sam Frost, Jarman Impey

C: Connor Downie, Tom Phillips, Tom Scully

HF: Chad Wingard, Mitch Lewis, Shaun Burgoyne

F: Oliver Hanrahan, Tim O’Brien, Luke Breust

FOLL: Ben McEvoy, James Worpel, Jaeger O’Meara

I/C: Liam Shiels, Jack Scrimshaw, Jon Ceglar, James Cousins

Who writes this stuff?

Is Scully making a comeback?
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...n/news-story/47457c13027695f586626790670976c3
After seeing Scully named, I've heard Patton is pi55ed off to have been left out.

Almost forgot about Patton. The fiasco that keeps dragging on.
Will be overshadowed by the furore surrounding the stupid man-on-the-mark rule & will be far less offensive than what 90% of NRL players get caught doing this season.

Either that or Patton will be poached by an NRL club into their leadership group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back