Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would I answer someone that starts flinging insults when things don’t go their way?

Your behaviour is petulant and boorish.

Here Maddog, a few questions you’ve still
not answered for me. I genuinely want to know your thoughts on these things...

How is it that Dan Andrews is the only state leader that should have known the virus was going to escape on the watch private security?

And if he’s not, why wasn’t he stopped before the second wave happened? Shouldn’t the fed government have stepped in and enforced the use of fed police?

Also, why are private security still being used in HQ throughout Australia?
Almost 4000 in NSW HQ as of a couple of weeks ago.

Give me something Maddog!!

Here Maddog, a few questions you’ve still
not answered for me. I genuinely want to know your thoughts on these things...

Give me something Maddog!!

It’s too late amigo. You burned your bridges and showed your true colours when you started throwing shade. Not as enlightened as you want us all to believe.

We aren’t taking about other states. Feds ballsed up their responsibilities, which probably cost 600+ lives in Victoria.

The rest of our state, outside fed run aged care faired pretty well.

Tells us that had the Feds had their sh*t together, we’d probably only have 100 odd deaths. Regardless of our states handling of HQ.
The feds do not run aged care, they regulate it. There is a massive difference between the two responsibilities. Feds have to shoulder a lot of responsibility generally on all this. But nothing compared with the individual states running their own little nations. Being more xenophobic gets them more votes. Results and history will show what states got it right and what ones messed it up. History often gets less partisan because the emotion is taken out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The feds do not run aged care, they regulate it. There is a massive difference between the two responsibilities. Feds have to shoulder a lot of responsibility generally on all this. But nothing compared with the individual states running their own little nations. Being more xenophobic gets them more votes. Results and history will show what states got it right and what ones messed it up. History often gets less partisan because the emotion is taken out of it.

I will never understand how anyone can try to deflect blame and responsibility for deaths purely based on the political party they “follow”.

It’s more an American thing but is creeping into Australia and is no less disgusting imo.

Blindly supporting a political party of any leaning or persuasion is baffling to me.

I will never understand how anyone can try to deflect blame and responsibility for deaths purely based on the political party they “follow”.

It’s more an American thing but is creeping into Australia and is no less disgusting imo.

Blindly supporting a political party of any leaning or persuasion is baffling to me.

Agree 100% MD.
what you describe is a barracker .

In 3 weeks since Australia started vaccinating, we haven’t passed 30,000 doses. Bangladesh did 2.7million in their first 3 weeks....

I know we are more spread out than Bangladesh but Something isn’t right with our system.

In 3 weeks since Australia started vaccinating, we haven’t passed 30,000 doses. Bangladesh did 2.7million in their first 3 weeks....

I know we are more spread out than Bangladesh but Something isn’t right with our system.
The joys of being unprepared and unwilling to change that. We also took significantly longer than other countries between approval of vaccine and distribution of first doses. There needs to be a full review of our covid response and future readiness because we got stupidly lucky compared to some other countries, despite not being any more competent in our handling

The joys of being unprepared and unwilling to change that. We also took significantly longer than other countries between approval of vaccine and distribution of first doses. There needs to be a full review of our covid response and future readiness because we got stupidly lucky compared to some other countries, despite not being any more competent in our handling

Most of us will get the Astrazeneca vaccine, UK tests report 90 % efficacy. Phase 3 testing in UK was 11,000 subjects and it would have been rushed, a short period of time in which to observe. TGA gave Provisional Approval in February, that means it's approved for 2 years with ongoing TGA monitoring during that time. That's a process which is probably more stringent than in other parts of the World, a process we can afford given our low rates of infection. Whether, by comparison with UK, Israel, Saudi Arabia, slow vaccination is a consequence of caution or incompetence I don't know, I suspect the former. Either way, better to be safe than sorry.

Italy blocks 250,700 AZ vaccine doses from being delivered to Australia.

Since we will soon be manufacturing the same vaccine here, it will slow down roll out but that is about it.

Disappointed in the EU for allowing this decision to be made.

Italy blocks 250,700 AZ vaccine doses from being delivered to Australia.

Since we will soon be manufacturing the same vaccine here, it will slow down roll out but that is about it.

Disappointed in the EU for allowing this decision to be made.
Their needs are more pressing than ours

Their needs are more pressing than ours

Agree.

This could have been done via a diplomatic message from Italy:

Good morning Australia,
As you have controlled the coronavirus very well, would you mind if we accept these desperately needed vaccines as a gift to the people of Italy? Of course, we will pay for them.

It’s not hard to be diplomatic.

Agree.

This could have been done via a diplomatic message from Italy:

Good morning Australia,
As you have controlled the coronavirus very well, would you mind if we accept these desperately needed vaccines as a gift to the people of Italy? Of course, we will pay for them.

It’s not hard to be diplomatic.

Clearly Scomos fault.

You’re getting the hang of it MD.

To be fair to Scomo, he probably has more on his plate to fail to deal with than is usually the case. Its a credit to him that he managed to not deal with the Italians in the same way he has managed to not deal with his AG and Defence Minister. Poor guy is flat out failing to deal with stuff! :)

To be fair to Scomo, he probably has more on his plate to fail to deal with than is usually the case. Its a credit to him that he managed to not deal with the Italians in the same way he has managed to not deal with his AG and Defence Minister. Poor guy is flat out failing to deal with stuff! :)

Or, to quote from The Briefing:

“Our prime minister is a man who was undistinguished in his career before being parachuted into parliament in 2007. Marketing and personal networking were his game ... Despite his avowed familiarity with the Good Book, he’s no more equipped to speak on moral issues of national significance than any random and grasping PR hack. We should now mark the fact that matters of honour, crime, trauma, transparency and responsibility have been deadened under the weight of his political impulses, the essence of which is a kind of shameless rat cunning. Self-protection is preferred to moral seriousness.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back