TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

It still doesn’t quite seem legit.....no announcements or anything of note on their website etc.

It’s got Internet King all over it.

925423.gif

It still doesn’t quite seem legit.....no announcements or anything of note on their website etc.

It’s got Internet King all over it.

925423.gif

One gets the feeling that Sportsflick's sports streaming credentials are as legitimate as this guy's medical credentials:

drnick.jpg

Yeah but Optus even though this was a new venture, are a huge organisation that has scale to absorb some of these costs. Mario Milano the builders son I don’t think would.
With a name like Mario Milano I think he might have some connections

After all he....

Well looks like they’ve just announced that they’ve bought rights to Austrian top flight

How many people will be interested in the Austrian league? It's one game a week, it's probably going to be slasburg vs someone. I know trying to watch the spfl is annoying due to it always being rangers or Celtic.

How many people will be interested in the Austrian league? It's one game a week, it's probably going to be slasburg vs someone. I know trying to watch the spfl is annoying due to it always being rangers or Celtic.

There are Aussies playing in Austria so depending on who is playing, it could be worth a watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More info about Sports Flick and Stan's interest in acquiring the A League streaming rights.
Anyone able to paste the article, atleast a synopsis.

Not surprised stan are interested, rugby coverage has been a lot better than fox and has opened up the sport to more people (audience level has increased substantially, partly due to increased access. Also has been rumours of the nbl coming on board. Stan will need a strong list of leagues in order to succeed. So far so good imo.

The article states that there are several interested parties, including stan, fox and apparently sports flick. They are hoping to have a deal in place by the end of the month, so it would seem all discussions would be quite advanced. As stan was mentioned specifically it seems like it may be another fox vs stan situation with nine and kayo freebies being involved respectively.

Sydney ceo Townsend is md of the apl, and has been in charge of the negotiations since Nye.

The article states that there are several interested parties, including stan, fox and apparently sports flick. They are hoping to have a deal in place by the end of the month, so it would seem all discussions would be quite advanced. As stan was mentioned specifically it seems like it may be another fox vs stan situation with nine and kayo freebies being involved respectively.

Sydney ceo Townsend is md of the apl, and has been in charge of the negotiations since Nye.

Seems crazy Optus aren't trying for the A-League rights.

Seems crazy Optus aren't trying for the A-League rights.
I wonder whether it's because of the production involved as well. For everything as it stands they get the international feeds (for games themselves). Maybe they aren't keen to do that with the A-League.

I wonder whether it's because of the production involved as well. For everything as it stands they get the international feeds (for games themselves). Maybe they aren't keen to do that with the A-League.

They do a studio show for the PL and have Simon Hill do CL commentaries, surely could do similar for A-League, the only extra cost would be the camera and stuff which would surely be covered by the extra revenue brought in from pubs that would potentially get Optus to show A-League games during the arvo and evening. Would also be a good lead in to PL games when they're on at a better time of night like in the old Fox days.

I can't see how it's any easier for Stan to shoulder the production costs.

They do a studio show for the PL and have Simon Hill do CL commentaries, surely could do similar for A-League, the only extra cost would be the camera and stuff which would surely be covered by the extra revenue brought in from pubs that would potentially get Optus to show A-League games during the arvo and evening. Would also be a good lead in to PL games when they're on at a better time of night like in the old Fox days.

I can't see how it's any easier for Stan to shoulder the production costs.
Oh yeah I didn't mean the in studio stuff or commentary but the production for the games themselves.

Maybe Stan would be happy to do it but they'd have similar resources to Nine I guess.

Oh yeah I didn't mean the in studio stuff or commentary but the production for the games themselves.

Maybe Stan would be happy to do it but they'd have similar resources to Nine I guess.

I wonder if Stan is doing the production for the Rugby.

Optus would have similar resources to Telstra/Fox wouldn't they? Maybe not I guess but thought they'd have similar sorts of funds behind them. And A-League wouldn't need a whole lot.

I belive stan are running the production for the rugby, mainly through the nine team that do the nrl. I think optus could well and truly take the rights, as could anyone. I was drawing strings from the fact that stan (as a contender) and fox (as still being willing to continue coverage) were mentioned by O'Rourke.

Last edited:
I wonder if Stan is doing the production for the Rugby.

Optus would have similar resources to Telstra/Fox wouldn't they? Maybe not I guess but thought they'd have similar sorts of funds behind them. And A-League wouldn't need a whole lot.
Just that Nine already have access via NRL and I guess now union.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back