Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

I just saw this now, however thank you Freighto :fire:
The child of FJGD is no longer a child, pretty crazy to think I've been here nearly half of my life now.

Like SarahSmiles on the SFA board, you'll forever be 14 around here :)

Has anyone here set up a professional portfolio at all? I'm beginning to set one up using Adobe Portfolio but open to any suggestions.

I'm not strictly uploading just graphic design work either, hoping to upload videos/writing pieces as well. I figure it'd be a good thing to have once my design work improves as well.

Has anyone here set up a professional portfolio at all? I'm beginning to set one up using Adobe Portfolio but open to any suggestions.

I'm not strictly uploading just graphic design work either, hoping to upload videos/writing pieces as well. I figure it'd be a good thing to have once my design work improves as well.

Behance is your friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone on here had to go through a car insurance claim before? massive shunt on the way home, have got some basic details of the person, vehicle etc but have NFI what happens from here.

I've been in two, both not my fault. First one, I got T-boned, but the damage was repairable. Lodged the claim with my insurance, which then had to be processed by SGIC before the crash repairs could start their work. Second one, a guy ran a red and cleaned me up, my car was written off (his car only had a scratch which was annoying), but I had switched to RAA, lodged the claim and they had money in my account in under a week.

I had police report numbers in both instances but lodging each claim was simple enough, and then the insurance companies should handle the rest. Might be a few annoying phone calls here and there though.

Anyone on here had to go through a car insurance claim before? massive shunt on the way home, have got some basic details of the person, vehicle etc but have NFI what happens from here.
Just call your insurance provider quickly, give then the details and they usually sort it out for you

Or with the RACV they do

In South Australia you need to report it to the Police if the total damage is over $3000, I assume WA will be similar. Insurance will want a police report number. You may also be able to report online. Your insurance company will take care of most of it, that's what you pay your premiums for!

Caden McDonald has jumped on the guernsey designing bandwagon
Redesigning AFL Jumpers - YouTube

Here's the jumpers just to save you some time:

Overall, some interesting ideas to say the least, don't mind the Geelong and Melbourne ones actually.

1614579844908.png 1614579858416.png 1614579875572.png 1614579891678.png 1614579905295.png 1614579916306.png

It took me until half way through the video to realise he was using my first template, cool to see others using it.

Overall, some interesting ideas to say the least, don't mind the Geelong and Melbourne ones actually.

View attachment 1067725View attachment 1067726View attachment 1067727View attachment 1067728View attachment 1067729View attachment 1067730

It took me until half way through the video to realise he was using my first template, cool to see others using it.
Its became fairly popular, I've seen at least 4 fairly well know youtubers jump on the bandwagon (with mixed outcomes) and many designs featured on 7afl.
Although every attempt makes me think how everyone on this board would drastically improve them.

View attachment 1067725View attachment 1067726View attachment 1067727View attachment 1067728View attachment 1067729View attachment 1067730

I don’t really follow or watch any AFL youtubers, but I had one guy’s redesigned jumpers video show up in my recommended videos last week. The results were... interesting to say the least. He looked fairly young though so its somewhat understandable. Worst part was the comments all saying how good they were.

I don’t really follow or watch any AFL youtubers, but I had one guy’s redesigned jumpers video show up in my recommended videos last week. The results were... interesting to say the least. He looked fairly young though so its somewhat understandable. Worst part was the comments all saying how good they were.
FJGD Youtube FTW!!

In high school FTW had become a popular phrase, but I didn't know what it meant so I asked my then girlfriend and she told me "* the world" which never made any sense in the context

Anyway, about 2 years ago I learned it was "For the win" which makes a lot more sense

All of these are really imbalanced and this board could do ten times better, but he seems like a really nice guy so that’s where I’ll leave it

All of these are really imbalanced and this board could do ten times better, but he seems like a really nice guy so that’s where I’ll leave it
Yeah I mean it's a case of you really want to commend them for giving it a crack and putting their ideas out there, this is exactly where we all start from and to be fair there are a few elements that look like they could make their way onto one of our designs. But I'd be mad jealous if 7afl pick up this or that Matt N bloke's designs knowing what has been made on this side of the internet and what some of the amateur designers here are capable of.

Wouldn't be a bad video idea to take a look at some of these designs made over the years, maybe even reviewing the fielding of the previous NAFL seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back