AFL Player #19: Nick Hind

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done on picking up Hind.
He's been a bit inconsistent for us, but at his best he gets a bit of the ball, and uses it well, all at lightning pace.
He's not soft either, he often wins a contest. ( Unlike Hill ).

We didn't try him on the hbf , so it will be interesting if you use him there.

Do wonder if he has enough size to play that position. Definitely worth a shot though imo.

We seem to think of him as a defender and he has that preexisting relationship with Dan Jordan and a few other guys which should help.

Will play plenty next year, back pocket

Can he actually defend?

I thought he was just a small forward.

Played all his footy at VFL level as a half back just running away from blokes.

As long as he buys in and has an understanding of where to be I’m not sure it really matters whether he can defend or not to be honest. Will also add that kicking on the run at top speed is a genuinely rare skill and He has it.

I liked him when he was playing VFL for us. Nice to add another player with pace to our backline after losing McKenna and Saad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can he actually defend?

I thought he was just a small forward.
He was pretty loose defensively in the VFL.
Visually - he doesn't look as fast as Saad, but I'd like him forward of centre as I think he could hit the scoreboard for us
He went toe to toe with Conor on quite a few occassions.

Didn't think much of the trade, or his chances of featuring a lot (even with the loss of Saad + Mckenna).

But he showed he can be pretty potent out of defence. He's pretty fearless with ball in hand, which is as important as being quick and a good kick.

The new man on the mark rule should benefit guys like him and Ham in finding the footy more too if they work hard.

I thought his kicking to position was excellent.

As good as Saad was, he sometimes overcooked the kick forward. Hind lowers the eyes (which is a stupid saying BTW)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back