NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Texans released QB Josh McCown.
He's expected to immediately pursue a carer in coaching, likely landing back in Houston after the organization (comically) interviewed him for its head-coaching vacancy before formally hiring David Culley. With Tim Kelly still hanging on to his OC role, McCown could easily be groomed under the former while taking on the title of Assistant Head Coach. As always, nothing is off the table when it comes to the Texans.
SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
Mar 1, 2021, 4:12 PM ET

I believe it because JJ and TJ both railed on twitter about how TJ shouldve been DPOY due to the stats

That's why he was nearly crying in his press conference last year, wasn't getting his sacks anymore. The "i want to win" line was complete bullshit, as proven by signing with the Cards today.

Honestly, hes not that good anymore mate. Cards overpaid big time.
the defiantly overpaid for him and he isn't the player he once was but he is still an upgrade for the Cardinals

the defiantly overpaid for him and he isn't the player he once was but he is still an upgrade for the Cardinals

I'm sure Vance will get the best out of him. 🙃

The Bears are desperate enough to sign Brees thinking he could still have something left.

But, I'm not sure they are even dumb enough to try and play Brees as a outdoor QB.

If he doesn't retire they are my pick all the same. 🤗

Edit: the Rivers talk of unretiring for another season is still around also, I know which one out of Rivers ad Brees I'd rather after seeing their playoff performances last season.

The Drew Brees wants to play on again next season talk is gathering steam. Just retire you dickhead. You're absolutely cooked.
Probably just salary cap shenanigans by the Saints. I'm pretty sure Drew deciding to "play" on is just a way to push more money into the out years of his contract.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Probably just salary cap shenanigans by the Saints. I'm pretty sure Drew deciding to "play" on is just a way to push more money into the out years of his contract.
The fact he went out with a whimper, the locker room might be pissed if he comes back. They might want to stretch the field and not just the pocket and LoS

Kyle Van Noy was released by the Dolphins, bit of a shocker that,thought he had a great first year in Miami.

<Insert creating cap room for DeShaun Watson>

Hes expendable because of the great Andrew Van Ginkle.....name to watch

If only I had the foresight to nab Van Ginkle in empire last year like a genius would! ;)

JJ in CYA mode. Saying Colts and Browns offered him more. I HIGHLY doubt someone like Ballard offered him more.

People would have far less of a problem if he just came out and said he signed for the best offer. Stop with the " I want to win" nonsense, if you did you would have signed for far less so the Cards were able to keep some of their own impending free agents. Instead you've hanstrung the team you signed with. Everyone else needs to take less expect for JJ., hell be the first to throw the ones under the bus that do at a press conference when he underperforms. 👎

Back