Iconic moments in the history of the AFL - pick one

Remove this Banner Ad

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Video of a Lebron James dunk just sold for $200,000+ (as if it was a painting). The owner now can claim theoretical "ownership" of that clip (but has no legal rights to it's use). Selling iconic clips/moments of sport is a dumb, millennial money making venture.

But, in AFL, what short clips of footage through history would be most valuable, or would you want to own if you could for personal reasons:

My favorite clip is the side on view of Liam Jurrah's screamer. I think it is the AFL's equivalent of Jordan's dunk from the foul-line. (apologies to Morecroft).

Wayne Harmes chasing his kick off edge of the boot and running it down before it crosses the line, which resulted in whacking it back to Kenny Sheldon for important grand final goal. He never gave up and conceded it going over the line. Collingwood players did give up and concede. It a close game in muddy conditions that is the difference between being a champion team and just a normal side.

GslYzbDv.jpg

This, even though it shouldn't be as the mark was certainly very good but Jeremy Howe has done quite a few marks which were better, in fact I can think of a lot of marks that were better.

GslYzbDv.jpg

This, even though it shouldn't be as the mark was certainly very good but Jeremy Howe has done quite a few marks which were better, in fact I can think of a lot of marks that were better.
When I have watched this grand final on tv replays over the years, this moment is more well known but I actually think the more iconic moment is an amazing left foot goal he kicks in last quarter that basically was the sealer in a 44 point comeback in front of biggest crowd ever. The noise of the moment and the sense of the moment is about best moment I seen and so iconic to me as to get to the ball he ended up kicking the goal, he had to swoop on the ball before two Collingwood players could get to it. I think he must have been 70 or 80 metres out and he kicks the goal that rolls through.
Never really get why the mark is more well known.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back