Opinion President Biden. The good, the bad, the ugly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Only fair that we talk about the next four years and the Biden Presidency.
I don’t expect it to be as rambling and decisive as the past four years, but I also don’t expect it to be perfect.
My first negative for him is the knee jerk reaction to his initial promise of 100 million vaccinations in the first 100 days being called out as already on target by the previous administration.
His reaction to then promise 150 million was a political reaction that wasn’t needed.

Well,I think he’s off to a good start,by overturning many of Trump’s most odious policies like the ban on travel from Muslim countries,the Mexican wall,the cruel caging of refugee children,leaving the Paris climate change agrement,leaving WHO,among other things.All very commendable.

Today,he outlined his foreign policy agenda,signalling a return to multi lateral diplomacy and institutions.He also stopped the funding of Saudi Arabia for their war in Yemen,which has cost God only knows how many lives.He took a tough stand against Russia and called for Navalny to be released from prison,something Trump would never have the guts to do for fear of upsetting his mate,Putin.So all in all, a pretty good start,and a vast improvement on his disastrous predecessor.

Well,I think he’s off to a good start,by overturning many of Trump’s most odious policies like the ban on travel from Muslim countries,the Mexican wall,the cruel caging of refugee children,leaving the Paris climate change agrement,leaving WHO,among other things.All very commendable.

Today,he outlined his foreign policy agenda,signalling a return to multi lateral diplomacy and institutions.He also stopped the funding of Saudi Arabia for their war in Yemen,which has cost God only knows how many lives.He took a tough stand against Russia and called for Navalny to be released from prison,something Trump would never have the guts to do for fear of upsetting his mate,Putin.So all in all, a pretty good start,and a vast improvement on his disastrous predecessor.

Most relevant to us, what was his foreign policy on China? This was always going to be the big one.

The hurly burly of Trump and his embittered hordes left the planet on the margins, let Australia off the hook.

But climate change is once again a thing. That's the early victory I was hoping for.

His approval ratings are quite good,especially when you consider that about a third of the country is deeply enmeshed in the Trump cult and would hate any president who defeated him in an election.By contrast,have a look at Triump’s approval ratings down below and compare them to every other President in recent times.He’s the only president in the last 70 years who never achieved 50% approval at any stage in their presidency.And yet we’re continually told by the Trumpists here just how insanely popular their man is.

This so refreshing:

Biden has pledged that the Justice Department during his tenure will be free of political influence or interference.

The Justice Department has asked for the resignations of all Trump-appointed U.S. attorneys, a somewhat typical move for incoming administrations. But Biden left in place the U.S. attorney in Delaware in charge of investigating the tax affairs of his son Hunter Biden.

He is also allowing U.S. Attorney John Durham to continue in his role as a special prosecutor probing the origins of the FBI investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russia, a position appointed by former Attorney General William Barr.

So Biden's camp are fine with the Urghers being held in concentration camps - different culture - and will be taking a nuianced approach to China. I guess what the Democrats brand has become, it doesn't surprise me that they'd take this 'woke', approach.

I noticed Biden declared Texas a disaster zone and offered assistance without any strings attached.No politicisation of the disaster there,no point scoring,no stamping of his feet,no threats to withhold funding if the Governor said something ‘nasty’ about him.Such a refreshing change from what’s his name,you know the previous guy,who always made everything about himself and didn’t give a toss about anyone else.

The bans on Muslim countries was based on Obama admins terror list.

Mexico 2nd most dangerous country in world.
Immigration cost $116bn a year.
The cages were built by Joe and Barry admin. Trump banned the use of cages after a month.
Biden has opened them back up. AOC has been silent on this.
Bidens already created 75,000 crisis on the border
The US is not safer - its less safe under Biden. You outline some of reasons as Positives? Russia demands, Syria, Crisis at Border.
Paris Agreement will cost US/West $1 to 2 trill a year. China $0
WHO are corrupt - did a s**t job on covid19

His foreign policy will be war, already launched airstrikes on Syria
Dont care about Saudi Arabia - they have been a US ally since 1973 when the US offered regional protection for oil they desperately needed.
Was also the creation of the Petrodollar as Saudi forced all oil sales to be in USD.
15 out of 15 9/11 terrorists were Saudi - the US went to war against Iraq, Afghanistan - War on Terror
The US wars in middle east have killed more and created largest refugee crisis since WW2
Hillary sold 200% more arms than the nearest next Sec of State
Biden should mind his own business - what power does he think he has over Russia? They are not a vassal of US. The US would be throwing stones in glass houses. Its positioning. Besides its not leadership to demand, he could have spoken to Putin in private call and tried diplomacy. There is no demand.
Trump Putin worked together to destroy Obama + Coalition proxy army ISIS from Syria
Trump didnt try put ABMs on Russias border
His Presidency saved a US Russia war declaration that Russia were going to call if HRC won. Defcon 3 was reduced to Defcon 5

Horrid start - the only policy i agree with is the Keystone Pipe cancellation, from all accounts the issue was pipeline was directly over US largest free water acquifier. Fresh water is more important

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four economists from Stanford University’s Hoover Institution analyzed Biden’s proposals to increase taxes, reinstate and expand a host of regulations, and create new subsidies for healthcare and renewable energy. The study concludes that these interventions would distort labor incentives, decrease productivity, and kill jobs.
As a result, the experts project that the policy agenda would, by 2030, lead to 4.9 million fewer jobs and the economy shrinking by $2.6 trillion. So, too, the study projects that consumption would be $1.5 trillion lower in 2030 and families would see a $6,500 drop in median household income compared to a neutral scenario.
“The risk from Joe Biden’s policies isn’t that they will send the economy reeling right away,” the Wall Street Journal editorial board concluded in its analysis of the study. “The problem is that they will have a long-term corrosive impact by raising the cost of capital, reducing the incentive to work and invest, and reducing productivity across the economy. Americans will pay the price in a lower standard of living than they otherwise would—and that they deserve.”
Full article

Minimum wage is always good.
Less people on the poverty line and more money being pumped through the economy.
The only people who suffer from a minimum wage is the rich.
Nobel laureate Milton Friedman once said that “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” When it comes to the $15 minimum wage hike supported by Joe Biden and many of his fellow Democrats, it’s becoming increasingly clear that the results will be ugly.

New reporting reveals
that Chief Financial Officers at top American companies are “considering raising prices, cutting workers’ hours and inves
For example, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects that enacting a $15 minimum wage nationwide would destroy from 1.3 to 3.7 million jobs. Similarly, analysis from the Employment Policies Institute concludes that a federal $15 minimum wage would kill 2 million jobs.

These studies aren’t outliers.

Elon Musk dropped an economic truth bomb on Joe Rogan’s podcast a couple of months ago.

“If you don’t make stuff, there’s no stuff.”“This notion,” said Musk, “that you can just sort of send checks out to everybody and things will be fine is not true.”
“They’ve become detached from reality,” he added. “You can’t just legislate money and solve these things.” To meet these massive problems without making them worse, we need to come to grips with economic reality: especially the concept of scarcity, and how it pertains to production and money.

Only then will we fully understand just what we are setting ourselves up for by locking down the economy indefinitely to combat the pandemic. Only then will we be able to make truly informed judgments about the trade-offs involved. The crisis facing the global poor is a heart-rending tragedy. It is also an ominous warning, the proverbial canary in a coal mine. If we keep burning through our “stuff” faster than we’re replacing it, we will eventually descend into an economic crisis that dwarfs what we have been through so far, and our fraying social fabric may not be able to handle it.

Like gravity, scarcity can be denied, but it cannot be defied.

“If you don’t make stuff, there’s no stuff.”

Been a good start to this administration.

Is Bidens Amnesty Bill a good start?

The question should be, is it rational policy? NumbersUSA have looked at Bidens Amnesty Bill and estimate 38million illegal immigrants over next 10yrs. Thats greencards (working visas) to whoever shows up at the border/already in US with a pathway to citizenship.

Is Bidens Amnesty Bill a good start?

The question should be, is it rational policy? NumbersUSA have looked at Bidens Amnesty Bill and estimate 38million illegal immigrants over next 10yrs. Thats greencards (working visas) to whoever shows up at the border/already in US with a pathway to citizenship.
Why are you using a known anti immigration site to reinforce your claims?
I know, because you love unsubstantiated research.
Its in just about everyone of your posts.
And as such, is easily dismissed. Just like this site is easily dismissed.

Nobel laureate Milton Friedman once said that “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” When it comes to the $15 minimum wage hike supported by Joe Biden and many of his fellow Democrats, it’s becoming increasingly clear that the results will be ugly.

New reporting reveals
that Chief Financial Officers at top American companies are “considering raising prices, cutting workers’ hours and inves
For example, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects that enacting a $15 minimum wage nationwide would destroy from 1.3 to 3.7 million jobs. Similarly, analysis from the Employment Policies Institute concludes that a federal $15 minimum wage would kill 2 million jobs.

These studies aren’t outliers.
The results won’t be ugly.
The results will be a growth in the American economy.
Just like when Australia lifts the minimum wage, there is an upsurge in economic activity.
Relying on articles backed by the people who benefit from keeping the wage at slave levels does you no justice.

Why are you using a known anti immigration site to reinforce your claims?
I know, because you love unsubstantiated research.
Its in just about everyone of your posts.
And as such, is easily dismissed. Just like this site is easily dismissed.

Yes I used NumbersUSA figures. They can be disputed, thats fine, what figures have you got?

You do realise that the Cesar Chavez bust Biden had (did he remove Trumps Churchill bust?) on display was a known anti illegal immigration figure?

You never attempt to answer anything, not even your own beliefs. You just like High Status Opinions.

If the US political split is roughly 50 / 50 historically between two party system, with the largest ever winning margin 19million votes

- How then will citizenship, overnight effect the political outcomes in future elections?

I can tell you, the career politician crony capitalist fly over ruling class will do so in perpetuity.

You can dispute this if you want.

-------------------

"Flyover country" thus refers to the part of the country that some Americans—especially urban, wealthier,
white-collar Americans—only view by air when traveling and never actually see in person at ground level.

Last edited:
Yawn.
Are you really going to stink up this thread with your absolute lies and disinformation like you have with the Trump thread?
I understand that you apparently have 24/7 to go down your various rabbit holes to find reinforcements to your skewed views, like the source that I discredited in the previous post.
Most of us don’t have that time, truth be told most of us can’t be bothered trying to disprove everything in our lives. Most of us enjoy our lives.
You can continue to follow the rwnj views. But don’t expect me to treat them with anything than the complete disdain I already do.

Anyway...

Yawn.
Are you really going to stink up this thread with your absolute lies and disinformation like you have with the Trump thread?
I understand that you apparently have 24/7 to go down your various rabbit holes to find reinforcements to your skewed views, like the source that I discredited in the previous post.
Most of us don’t have that time, truth be told most of us can’t be bothered trying to disprove everything in our lives. Most of us enjoy our lives.
You can continue to follow the rwnj views. But don’t expect me to treat them with anything than the complete disdain I already do.

Anyway...

So it was an anti Trump thread?

This Biden thread is the good the bad and the ugly? But youre not allowed to discuss the bad or the ugly.

I never expected stubborn and outright toxic opposition to "challenging thought processes, countering misconceptions, or disagreement with simplistic arguments will result in tantrums, name calling by sooooky la la's with high self opinions.

I never saw "WARNING ECHO CHAMBER - HIGH EXPOSURE TO UNSUBSTANTIATED BRAIN WIZARDRY - ENTER AT YE PERIL"

The values you think you possess and identify with are easily exposed if you cant easily (seems to be a trend) dismiss by source (ignoring the arguments and counter arguments) you atttack the poster everytime. If you cant generalise your way out, misdirect (quotemine), you make it ugly, or you ignore it.

Good luck with that.

I will apologise for presenting a one sided argument to Minimal Wage Rise in US. It wasnt intentional to leave out the pros/benefits link i also had open.

By the way that apology i was in the process of making - but hey * YOU IS MORE DESERVING

Last edited:
Yawn.

Four economists from Stanford University’s Hoover Institution analyzed Biden’s proposals to increase taxes, reinstate and expand a host of regulations, and create new subsidies for healthcare and renewable energy. The study concludes that these interventions would distort labor incentives, decrease productivity, and kill jobs.

As a result, the experts project that the policy agenda would, by 2030, lead to 4.9 million fewer jobs and the economy shrinking by $2.6 trillion. So, too, the study projects that consumption would be $1.5 trillion lower in 2030 and families would see a $6,500 drop in median household income compared to a neutral scenario.

“The risk from Joe Biden’s policies isn’t that they will send the economy reeling right away,” the Wall Street Journal editorial board concluded in its analysis of the study. “The problem is that they will have a long-term corrosive impact by raising the cost of capital, reducing the incentive to work and invest, and reducing productivity across the economy. Americans will pay the price in a lower standard of living than they otherwise would—and that they deserve.”
Full article

Leftys sure love victimhood - i dont have the time waaaahhh waaaahhhh better call a waaaaahhhmbulance

Thats fine, disdain away. Just * off with the tantrums yeah - ill continue to challenge those who still remain supporting the hijacked left.
I still think the left can make valuable and essential counternance to the right of politics (which is also full of assholes)

Gordon and Whitmer’s office reportedly agreed to a $155,506 payout following Gordon’s abrupt resignation in January, with the details of his departure remaining confidential. Republicans want Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel’s office to “immediately open up an investigation” into the deal.

They also called on the state legislature to “issue subpoenas and hold hearings to answer a very simple question — Why is Gov. Whitmer buying the silence of a former government employee, the state’s top public health official, in the middle of a global pandemic?”

Covid has been used to facilitate the largest transfer of wealth, definitely in my lifetime, perhaps in the history of the nation. I have a suspicion that the more and more of these kind of strange ‘payouts’ will begin to come to light … if anyone takes the time to look into them. Then again, we did just learn a big lesson about what happens when one relies on the government to expose … the government. It usually does not end well.

Posted by Deb Jordan on March 2, 2021 5:03 pm

NumbersUSA (please refer to their About section on website for Standards, Funding, Accountability 5 star ratings)

Here is their Analysis of Bidens Amnesty Bill (37million new citizens over 10yrs)

Do you still agree it is rational policy? Biden is off to a good start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back