Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got a message on Crows app ...Tim Silvers.

The Adelaide Football Club has appointed one of the AFL’s most experienced administrators as its new Chief Executive Officer.

Tim Silvers joins the Crows from the Hawthorn Football Club where he has held a number of key roles over the past 17 years, having most recently served as Chief Operating Officer.

NEW THREAD >>>>> https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/new-ceo-tim-silvers.1256513/

Last edited:
I dont know about other people on here, but I think this is a really great appointment. Reading his bio on LinkedIn, Tim has been at a successful club in Hawthorn for 17 years, has held various posts there (COO, interim CEO, Finance GM) and will clearly understand AFL and club land in a way that Fagan (who commercially I think did well, but had no idea on the "on-field" side) never did. Good to see us finally getting key appointments right, and for looking outside the Adelaide boys club. Just need a further shake up at board level and we might well be back on track....

Seemingly good appointment, though not the way I'd go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is Fagan officially gone now? Haven’t heard from him
Olsen mention he is on Annual leave which he generally takes at this time every year.
He also mentioned one item that was glossed over, That Fagan was approached late last year for a new job, and he was not surprised by his resignation,

Olsen mention he is on Annual leave which he generally takes at this time every year.
He also mentioned one item that was glossed over, That Fagan was approached late last year for a new job, and he was not surprised by his resignation,

Fagan is a fraud that has been found out. Nobody is offering him a similar role, he's done.

He did us a favour then. Hopefully, he doesn't need public relations skills in his new role.

He did us a favour then. Hopefully, he doesn't need public relations skills in his new role.

There's a lot of idle talk on here about particular skills that are wanted in the CEO, but much of it seems irrelevant to me. Does anyone actually have the formal job description for our CEO, or a valid copy of the full job advertisement? For example, I reckon PR should be driven by the Chairman.

There's a lot of idle talk on here about particular skills that are wanted in the CEO, but much of it seems irrelevant to me. Does anyone actually have the formal job description for our CEO, or a valid copy of the full job advertisement? For example, I reckon PR should be driven by the Chairman.
Johnny O has done a better job so far than what Chapstick did in years.

Back