News New CEO: Tim Silvers

How do you feel about the appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You've been on this board for long enough to know that's an unlikely event....and they might not like you referring to them as equines even though they do spout a lot of horseshit at times. (naysayers)
Spelling mistake well and truly intended.

The only slight concern is why Hawthorn didn't consider him for the top job back in 2017

I'm not across the history here... did he apply for that job in 2017? When you say Hawthorn didn't consider him, did they actually not even consider him? Or considered him but didn't give him the role?

Hopefully he'll be able to deal with the Roo issue
First matter of urgency for Silver to sort out is how our teams are selected and putting an end to outside influences on selection from list management. The days of aging cooked players getting a free pass due to bad contracts handed out needs to end.

Next would be headhunting an elite Fitness and Strength professional.

Then closely followed by the CEO directing the football dept to have a bigger emphasis throughout training sessions on kicking skills which are sub par with a lot of our players.

Last edited:
I'm not across the history here... did he apply for that job in 2017? When you say Hawthorn didn't consider him, did they actually not even consider him? Or considered him but didn't give him the role?

From what I can work out he acted in the role for 4 months, but I am not 100 percent sure whether he applied or not.

I'd assume though that if the Hawks were keen on him back then for that role that they would have encouraged him to apply.

Last edited:
Hope he does well and stays clear of lots of empty promises to supporters.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Too late?

“To the thousands of Crows members and fans, I have watched from afar and with admiration the passion and loyalty you show at all times. I want to strengthen the connection you have with the Club and this is a priority."

Silvers-Mar3-7884_WEB.jpg

There's too much yellow in our ties

Tone it down a notch

We're not selling ice creams

Silvers-Mar3-7884_WEB.jpg

There's too much yellow in our ties

Tone it down a notch

We're not selling ice creams
You just can't help yourself, can you? You're always looking for something to bitch and moan about, when it comes to the AFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First matter of urgency for Silver to sort out is how our teams are selected and putting an end to outside influences on selection from list management. The days of aging cooked players getting a free pass due to bad contracts handed out needs to end.

Next would be headhunting an elite Fitness and Strength professional.

Then closely followed by the CEO directing the football dept to have a bigger emphasis throughout training sessions on kicking skills which are sub par with a lot of our players.
You want our CEO to get involved in team selection and kicking skills with the players?? We could always get him out running water during training drills too?

You just can't help yourself, can you? You're always looking for something to b*tch and moan about, when it comes to the AFC.
I may cancel my membership over this and urge others to do the same

You have to draw the line somewhere

As long as he puts the right bums on the right seats

Wasnt that Fagans mantra when he first signed on? Right people in the right places. Started well with Walsh then cut forward a few years and we have Brett Burton imploding so badly in front of the media that Pyke had to step in to become head of football mid press conference.

You just can't help yourself, can you? You're always looking for something to b*tch and moan about, when it comes to the Carl Spackler
Old Captain Merrill Stubbing aka Vader is certainly not my favourite poster but when it comes to bitching and moaning he's a mere lightweight compered to some on here.

Seems like a good appointment.

Very good appointment. At least will shut the neighsayers down for a bit.

No chance. The Negative Nellies will always be Negative Nellies. People like our resident troll moderator will always continue to slag off at the club, at any & every possible opportunity.

Stupid and unnecessary.

Back