Preview Hawthorn v North Melbourne AAMI Community series clash, Saturday March 6th 4.10pm at Arden Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched that game back about 10 times. JPK put in probably the best non-Norm Smith effort i've ever seen for a losing grand final side. Single handedly brought Sydney back into the game in the second quarter.

Titch would have been close to their second best on the day though.

I think Titch and JPK were both better than JJ and either one of them would have been worthy winners on the day. One of the more bewildering NS winners I have seen.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
The only way forward is youth and them getting experince. On Clarkos recent interview he said Finn could play seniors, but his position is packed with old players like Shiels and Co

I'm all for having Finn and our next generation in the side, especially over Burgoyne and players like Ceglar, Howe and TOB.

But really the only older player potentially keeping Finn out of the side is Shiels. There is no one else that won't be around for a few years yet at least.

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It is interesting to me that Clarko is stating that JOM and Mitchell need to be multidimensional players.

We were absolutely smashed out of the middle and around the stoppages last year so I feel like our biggest need right at the moment is to get contested ball winners in the middle. If we continually lose the centre breaks and clearances we will be behind the 8 ball for most games this year.

Given this is basically Mitchell and JOM's bread and butter it might speak to how little confidence Clarko has in our current midfield to do this?

I can see how a team that has a quality midfield unit with multiple high possession winners might need to farm out their excess mids to other positions on the ground (i.e. like Collingwood did with Phillips last year) but we are definetly not in that position at the Hawks at this very moment.

We essentially need all hands on deck in the middle to try and at least break even in the clearances.
Ollie will play.
hard to knock back with three goals

The only way forward is youth and them getting experince.
It's a nice cliche, but it isn't true.

Not only is it NOT the only way forward, it is probably not even the BEST of many ways forward.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Hands up if anyone scored a ticket yet through the fine folk at Ticket'master?':rolleyes:
Got one. Had no issues getting in today

Looking forward to going to my first game since Roughie's farewell game

Good luck to you all getting tickets, sounds like there has been a few issues with the amount of traffic for tickets, hope to see a nice amount of Brown and Gold on TV!

Will be away over the weekend so decided to get my footy fix tomorrow night. (Had no issues getting tickets then for what it's worth)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The only way forward is youth and them getting experince. On Clarkos recent interview he said Finn could play seniors, but his position is packed with old players like Shiels and Co
You are misrepresenting what Clarko said about Finn. He said he was physically ready but still had to develop in order to dislodge other players such as shiels. He mentioned that Finn needed another role than inside mid where he can contribute (wing and hbf) to the senior team. He also mentioned the need to adjust to AFL football and signalled his defensive side and understanding of defensive responsibilities was in need of development. Offensively he was a lot more advanced.

You don't play players unless they replace someone else. You don't play them ahead of other players that are better than them. Hawthorn is still a football club and team. Its not just the future and Finn. He will get his chance once he is ready

dommat

Team Captain
Jul 31, 2008
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Hawthorn
People having trouble, the step I took were:

Click 'Are you a Member?'

Click 'Click here to purchase Members tickets'

Click 'Unlock Members Tickets'

Enter Membership number(s) and click 'Validate'

Click the '+' next to 'Member Upgrades' and click 'Find Tickets'

burner1

Premiership Player
Nov 3, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
hawks
When are teams announced? Any news if wingard or scrim are fit?
From the reports would appear maybe Morris only chance to play as Finn and reeves seem unlikely.

CaptainWorpedo

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You don't play players unless they replace someone else. You don't play them ahead of other players that are better than them. Hawthorn is still a football club and team. Its not just the future and Finn. He will get his chance once he is ready
If were going to lose, i would rather it be due to the new generation learning. Not the oldies being played for the sake of playing. Listen to Clarkson on the coachs podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back