EPL Matchday 26

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
Is anyone here actually watching Palace v Fulham ???

Normally would but drove 600k home on Sunday and slept instead. Didnt miss much by the look.

Roy didn't want Fulham to win and get within 7 points of us and set up accordingly.

He's without Tomkins, Sakho, Macarthur, Schlupp and Zaha, all 1st 11 starters so he's shuffling the deck chairs.

We are dire to watch right now, but Roy's job no doubt is to keep us in the PL to fund our ground redevelopment and new Academy and he'll probably achieve this aim.

But its 'Roy Out' for me next season. We can't play like this long term and I don't want to watch us play like this.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Normally would but drove 600k home on Sunday and slept instead. Didnt miss much by the look.

Roy didn't want Fulham to win and get within 7 points of us and set up accordingly.

He's without Tomkins, Sakho, Macarthur, Schlupp and Zaha, all 1st 11 starters so he's shuffling the deck chairs.

We are dire to watch right now, but Roy's job no doubt is to keep us in the PL to fund our ground redevelopment and new Academy and he'll probably achieve this aim.

But its 'Roy Out' for me next season. We can't play like this long term and I don't want to watch us play like this.

Agree with you about the old codger.

If you keep him for next season, Palace would be in serious danger to go down.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yeah city are just way better than the league

They are better than last season's Liverpool 'record breakers' too. May not drop another point for the rest of the season. 15 wins on a their.

We are potentially talking about one of the all time great Premier League Teams here.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

I am sure Roy has his KPI's and a goal in mind and was a good manager in his day, but by god, he looks like a grandpa on day release from a retirement village on the sideline. I don't not like Roy, but he hardly looks inspiring and if he managed my club, I'd be worried too, but it sounds like he has his targets and that should be the primary goal and if you do stay up; goal achieved, which I am sure you will.:thumbsu:

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Thought that was the end of the run there.

Scoreline suggests comfortable, and it was in the end I guess.

Wolves made the mistake of scoring too early. It just made City angry. It was fun to see them play when they lift out of first gear. Mahrez was outstanding.

Wolves made the mistake of scoring too early. It just made City angry. It was fun to see them play when they lift out of first gear. Mahrez was outstanding.
One of his best 90 minute performances for the club.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
What exactly is Roy doing wrong considering the squad he has?
a

Think his age and being there a fairly long time has something to do with it..

He deserves to exit with dignity and respect though, unlike the despicable manner in which Mike Ashley sacked Sir Bobby Robson.

Dec 30, 2003
Melbourne western region
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs / Willy / Palace
What exactly is Roy doing wrong considering the squad he has?

For me, he's not inspiring, he's too defensive, he plays the same 11 in the same format unless there are injuries, he doesn't promote youth (AWB only got his chance via injuries) and his subs are like for like, he doesn't 'shake things up' or change tactics when things needs to be.

In fairness to him, there has been a disconnect between the players brought in that Roy doesn't want and doesn't play (Meyer). Big money, comparatively, was spent on transfer fees and wages for players such as Sakho, Benteke and Meyer who have largely disappointed. This has restricted money for other transfers and the squad has now aged and in a dangerous shape.

We need investment in youth (Eze helps) and there hopefully will be more when Sakho leaves at seasons end, Meyer already has.

We've survived 8 years in the top tier, will probably get a 9th, and that's a 1st for us. We've updated our Academey to tier 1 this year, our U18s are on top in a higher grade, our U23s are well placed in PL2/2, having just beaten top team Leeds who I think were unbeaten in 11 games.

We are developing, we are 'bigger' than we were. Plenty of positives, but its dire to watch on field right now but then we have 4 points in 2 games from 2 shots on goal. 45 years following this mob, COYP.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I know the resources they have etc, but this City side is just amazing, the way they suffocate teams is absurd, 21 wins in a row in all comps is wild.
Did this streak begin right after we beat them? That was so long ago if it was. We really ******* poked the wrong bear that day with the bus

Did this streak begin right after we beat them? That was so long ago if it was. We really ******* poked the wrong bear that day with the bus
That was their last loss, West Brom was the last game they didn't win.

For me, he's not inspiring, he's too defensive, he plays the same 11 in the same format unless there are injuries, he doesn't promote youth (AWB only got his chance via injuries) and his subs are like for like, he doesn't 'shake things up' or change tactics when things needs to be.

In fairness to him, there has been a disconnect between the players brought in that Roy doesn't want and doesn't play (Meyer). Big money, comparatively, was spent on transfer fees and wages for players such as Sakho, Benteke and Meyer who have largely disappointed. This has restricted money for other transfers and the squad has now aged and in a dangerous shape.

We need investment in youth (Eze helps) and there hopefully will be more when Sakho leaves at seasons end, Meyer already has.

We've survived 8 years in the top tier, will probably get a 9th, and that's a 1st for us. We've updated our Academey to tier 1 this year, our U18s are on top in a higher grade, our U23s are well placed in PL2/2, having just beaten top team Leeds who I think were unbeaten in 11 games.

We are developing, we are 'bigger' than we were. Plenty of positives, but its dire to watch on field right now but then we have 4 points in 2 games from 2 shots on goal. 45 years following this mob, COYP.
Promoted same season as us under Bruce the first time which is ******* ages. Last game before I went to the UK to watch us we lost 1-0 to you guys to give you your first win of the season. That was mid November. Shows how far you've come.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
I mean that being said I also think the great European atmosphere is hideously overhyped. Having been at Anfield and watched the YNWA chant pre-match and then absolute silence all match, I don't think people can really hang their hat too much on the much lauded European atmosphere.
The best game I saw in Europe was Hertha Berlin v Dresden cup game with a full house. 30,000 away Dresden fans made it incredible. That was far better than United/Arsenal at OT and Chelsea/Liverpool at the bridge.

Back