Remove this Banner Ad

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Can only see Matt Rowell, Jack Lukosius & Oleg Markov being relevant in any form this year.

big78sam

All Australian
Oct 4, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm in a Keeper League that uses AFL fantasy scoring and we have a rule that enables you to lock in a player as a position from a previous year. I have Weller and Ellis, both can be locked as a defender but I only have 1 spare lock. They will only be relevant as a defender, the other will be stuck on the bench. Ellis had better scoring last year but Weller is younger. I'm shooting for a flag this year but also want to consider longer term. Which do you rate higher?

If either of them is a shot to be given defender or forward eligibility mid year that will also come into it. I'd be more inclined to lock the other hoping to get both mid year. What sort of role do you think they'll have this year?

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
I'm in a Keeper League that uses AFL fantasy scoring and we have a rule that enables you to lock in a player as a position from a previous year. I have Weller and Ellis, both can be locked as a defender but I only have 1 spare lock. They will only be relevant as a defender, the other will be stuck on the bench. Ellis had better scoring last year but Weller is younger. I'm shooting for a flag this year but also want to consider longer term. Which do you rate higher?

If either of them is a shot to be given defender or forward eligibility mid year that will also come into it. I'd be more inclined to lock the other hoping to get both mid year. What sort of role do you think they'll have this year?
Ellis will be more consistent scoring. He managed to score 70's easily last year and get 15+ touches most games. He will be on the wing all year and all game so i would be pretty happy going with him. No chance of DPP though.

I owned Weller for some time last year as he was a Defender but he will be a burst midfielder again who will be clean around the stoppage but barely laid any tackles and any marks to pump high scores.

Overall, Ellis (85-90) > Weller (75-85)

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Can only see Matt Rowell, Jack Lukosius & Oleg Markov being relevant in any form this year.
Atkins could be a decent pick depending on rookies. Although, think you have to reconsider your set up if you're relinquished to selecting him.

Personally I'm considering Rowell only.

Keeper leagues a whole different story.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi guys. What's the go with Fiorini? Seemed to have dropped off the perch for some reason in 2020...

Any info on why this happened would be great as well as your thoughts on what role he will play this year.
More competition for spots with Rowell, Anderson in. Now even Brodie jumped ahead of him. He had a groin surgery before 2020 season which slowed him down. He looks in great shape, trim but IMHO he will have a hard time to break in unless injuries happen. Not fast, not a great tackler, not a pressure player, can't play really anywhere else. SUNS do try him on the wing.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hi guys, how has Markov looked this PS and the trial game? Is he a solid best 22 and looking like a good option on the back flank to rack up some of those +6 linkups ?
Had a good trial game this weekend. Showed some great run off the HB and linked up well. Will looking likely to be best 22 to start the season.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi guys, how has Markov looked this PS and the trial game? Is he a solid best 22 and looking like a good option on the back flank to rack up some of those +6 linkups ?
Most importantly - also took a couple of kick outs.

I’m saying that, ultimately I think he’ll be low possession high impact.

don’t think he’ll be a great fantasy player unless you can get him low down in a keeper draft.

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Most importantly - also took a couple of kick outs.

I’m saying that, ultimately I think he’ll be low possession high impact.

don’t think he’ll be a great fantasy player unless you can get him low down in a keeper draft.

Im more looking at him instead of a backline rookie. If he can go at 70 odd consistently then that’s a win over 40/50s which is just about all we might get from this years rookies down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back