Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
And, more importantly, as long as he sticks up for the club when dealing with the VFL..

I want a CEO like the Suns Tony Cockrane.. willing to turn into a “500 pound gorrilla” when pushing the AFL for the benefit of the club.. not some weak as piss “yes AFL sir, we accept your sh*te” type like we’ve had in the past..
Tony Cochrane isn't their CEO. Mark Evans is.

dude316

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2009
The Armada Room
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I feel bad that I've been here since 2011 and don't know which one Spackler is.

In any case, nobody is even being negative about this appointment but the thread got derailed by negativity anyway. Mods should put a broom through this thread.

From what I remember, Spackler was murdered by a gang of criminals and subsequently revived by the megacorporation Omni Consumer Products as the football forum moderator and David Mackay fanboy now known as Drugs are bad

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Pretty sure that's Simon Katich.

it bugs me he looks like someone and I don’t remember who yet

From what I remember, Spackler was murdered by a gang of criminals and subsequently revived by the megacorporation Omni Consumer Products as the football forum moderator and David Mackay fanboy now known as Drugs are bad

He’s really more a Clarence Boddicker type. Robocop rules!

RUOK snowflake?
Ha ha. Good retort.
I think you might need a Bex and a lie down.

Stop, or there will be... trouble

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
it bugs me he looks like someone and I don’t remember who yet
It's Simon Katich mate. Relax.

Screenshot_20210303-180558_DuckDuckGo.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't know what he'll be like but at least he's actually got a background in AFL. Can't be worse than the last clown anyway.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm not across the history here... did he apply for that job in 2017? When you say Hawthorn didn't consider him, did they actually not even consider him? Or considered him but didn't give him the role?

he was interim CEO for 4 months, like Nigel Smart was for us during the interregnum before Fagan

like Smart he was also COO

both applied

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
It's Simon Katich mate. Relax.

View attachment 1069458

No it’s not, I’ve just remembered who I think it is.

It's Jerry Falwell Jr. (American fake evangelist). Yeah side by side they're not identical, but I'm happy how close they are.

1614807610427.png
1614807708445.png

Last edited:

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
He actually seemed less comfortable reading from his prepared remarks than he did when speaking off the cuff while answering questions. I like that, although I'm not sure why.
Yes I agree, hearing him speak a few times now on different radio shows, he comes across as quite genuine and doesn't seem to use much spin. Totally different to Fagan when he speaks.

Back