Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
$800k a year?

Yeah nah.
He took a settlement to end his contract early. So your probably right it was 3.1m instead of 3.2. Tbh I don't care what we paid him as it was a disaster whatever the figure. I wouldn't have traded him in for 200k a year as I never rated the guy and especially when he was cooked and clearly had no interest being at our club other than reportedly paying off his bookies. If he wanted to genuinely be at the crows he had plenty of times when negotiation new contracts at Carlton to leave.

What annoys me is the multitude of bad contracts handed out by Riccuito and Reid which we are still paying for and some that we will be paying for the next 3 to 4 years. The club has done nothing about their mismanagement and it has also been glossed over by the shill media.

Then we have a young lad in Stengle who they contract for 2 years which you can't tell me the club didn't know he had some issues with drugs and then like a lot of other players in a year when a lot of their structures to help troubled players stay on the straight and narrow are taking away due to covid he completely messes up. But instead of helping the lad to get his life back on order we sanctimoniously decide that the player is out with 2 years left on a contract. Then they try and get out of paying him which the AFL and AFLPA quite rightly shuts down. So now we would rather pay a player to not play for 2 years. Pathetic. Stengle will be picked up at another club and have a good career. We feel proud about our culture how we kicked out a young troubled indigenous player who made some stupid mistakes while half our list are likely doing the same thing on the quiet. Out of sight out of mind. We sanctimoniously fly as one should be the new motto.

Then we have a young lad in Stengle who they contract for 2 years which you can't tell me the club didn't know he had some issues with drugs and then like a lot of other players in a year when a lot of their structures to help troubled players stay on the straight and narrow are taking away due to covid he completely messes up. But instead of helping the lad to get his life back on order we sanctimoniously decide that the player is out with 2 years left on a contract. Then they try and get out of paying him which the AFL and AFLPA quite rightly shuts down. So now we would rather pay a player to not play for 2 years. Pathetic. Stengle will be picked up at another club and have a good career. We feel proud about our culture how we kicked out a young troubled indigenous player who made some stupid mistakes while half our list are likely doing the same thing on the quiet. Out of sight out of mind. We sanctimoniously fly as one should be the new motto.

I agree with this in principle that really, we're wiping our hands clean of this issue.

This is the end of the line for Stengles career at the AFL level, though. Not without him going back to the SANFL and dominating for a year or two. AFL isn't exactly kind to the wayward soul who isn't a soon to be star.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Some Players are dealt a crueller hands than others ......Sydney Stack treated very differently ....which club is right & wrong

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
$800k a year?

Yeah nah.

His old man definitely said we went harder at him than we had before. $800k is top end, that's Tex, Sloane, Talia cash. Safe to say he siphoned $650k x his tenure and gave up nothing to open up his list spot. When you've got a club publicly espousing his leadership values whilst simultaneously paying him to * off, you should be able to read between the lines.

Oct 12, 2006
Far West SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Panthers, Double Blues
He took a settlement to end his contract early. So your probably right it was 3.1m instead of 3.2. Tbh I don't care what we paid him as it was a disaster whatever the figure. I wouldn't have traded him in for 200k a year as I never rated the guy and especially when he was cooked and clearly had no interest being at our club other than reportedly paying off his bookies. If he wanted to genuinely be at the crows he had plenty of times when negotiation new contracts at Carlton to leave.

What annoys me is the multitude of bad contracts handed out by Riccuito and Reid which we are still paying for and some that we will be paying for the next 3 to 4 years. The club has done nothing about their mismanagement and it has also been glossed over by the shill media.

Tyson enjoys a beer and more and has done so well before Covid, stop making excuses to blame the club - this lad has been living the life for years and unfortunately like many young lads will never reach his potential of both playing and earning.

He will not have a good career at AFL level - he will be handy at SANFL but he has shown he hasn't got the hunger or dedication to do it at AFL level -it's a real pity but it is what it is.
F

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree with this in principle that really, we're wiping our hands clean of this issue.

This is the end of the line for Stengles career at the AFL level, though. Not without him going back to the SANFL and dominating for a year or two. AFL isn't exactly kind to the wayward soul who isn't a soon to be star.
Willie Rioli? Granted Rioli is a bloody good player but I'm sure he got up to more than Tyson.

Willie Rioli? Granted Rioli is a bloody good player but I'm sure he got up to more than Tyson.

He quite likely did, however you are afforded a larger rope when you are a good player.

Stengle real issue is he isn't good enough to afford multiple scandals.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
He quite likely did, however you are afforded a larger rope when you are a good player.

Stengle real issue is he isn't good enough to afford multiple scandals.
The sad thing is he was about to turn into that player but wasn't given the chance. I still feel Stengle will get one last chance elsewhere. What he does with it is up to him.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The sad thing is he was about to turn into that player but wasn't given the chance. I still feel Stengle will get one last chance elsewhere. What he does with it is up to him.
He blew that chance himself, it's no one else's fault.

I sincerely doubt he was about to give us anything that James Rowe won't.

Back