Injury 2021 Injury Updates Thread

Monty just admitted on AA that they expect Rozee to miss games this year with his foot issue.

Said they will have to manage him, and he hopes its only a game here and there throughout the year, but if its more then so be it.

Said Marshall is half a chance to miss the practice game vs crows, said concussion was ruled out by the docs.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Monty just admitted on AA that they expect Rozee to miss games this year with his foot issue.

Said they will have to manage him, and he hopes its only a game here and there throughout the year, but if its more then so be it.

Said Marshall is half a chance to miss the practice game vs crows, said concussion was ruled out by the docs.
Rozee is a conundrum IMO! On Saturday I saw zero signs of him carrying any injury. Every time he touched the ball time stood still as he just hypnotised his oppo. Just wow. Butters is a freaky talent, but for Rozee ... I have no words! If this is how he will play injured, then get his Brownlow ready for when he is injury-free.

Last edited:
Rozee is a conundrum IMO! On Saturday I saw zero signs of him carrying any injury. Every time he touched the ball time stood still as he just hypnotised his oppo. Just wow. Butters is a freaky talent, but for Rozee ... I have no words! If this is how he will play injured, then get his Brownlow ready for when he is injury-free.

tenor.gif

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Marshall needs to get games and rolling in the preseason, real shame if he'll basically miss both games. I feel like he's the biggest key to us taking the next step, if he can deliver we're on our way.

Bullocking midfielder/forward Sam Powell-Pepper is unlikely for round one after suffering a broken bone in his hand that required surgery, with the Power to make a definitive call on his availability closer to the March 21 clash against North Melbourne. Power star Robbie Gray also missed Port's practice match against Adelaide after suffering a head knock that split him open from his nose to upper lip. Young star Connor Rozee proved he was not hampered by a foot issue, kicking two goals in the practice match. Captain Tom Jonas was managed for that clash, but he will feature in the AAMI Community Series game on Sunday. Forward Todd Marshall hurt his cheek against the Crows, but is expected to be available for Sunday's final tune-up. – Nathan Schmook

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
... Forward Todd Marshall hurt his cheek against the Crows, but is expected to be available for Sunday's final tune-up. ..
Todd's cheek injury doesn't appear as season ending as many feared. Not even two weeks.

1614721504500.png

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Todd's cheek injury doesn't appear as season ending as many feared. Not even two weeks.

View attachment 1068811
Geez, thats a stretch. Who here thought it was season-ending? My worst case was a cracked cheekbone, or maybe a serious concussion. As it turns out, it wont even be one week ... He will be available to play this week.

Awesome. He looks to have stepped up a notch, is bigger and stronger in the upper body, and IMO will play a big part if we are to have any success this year.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Why do we not fix players problems in the off-season/pre-season?
Yeah there's an element of that here, wouldn't be the first time this sorta thing has happened to us. Though given it is supposedly a different injury gotta give them some slack.

The main concern for me is if he played last week, and plays this week, and then has surgery before the season it would just be a ludicrous situation. So guess we sit back and hope surgery isn't on the cards.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s a foot issue. Nah managing it seems a Melbourne thing to do. Get it done and maybe it’s an excuse to get a few games into Bergman or if they are 50/50 on starting Mitch.

Back