Preview CROWS versus port - Community Series Match - Sunday 4.10PM

Remove this Banner Ad

I have two takes on ladder position. Your right we have been handed the hardest draw. Why? Mindboggling buy the AFL inadvertently may have done us a favour with draft position. If we play Lynch, Walker, Mackay, Kelly, Seedsman and (Sloane in the middle) we will indeed finish last I can almost guarantee it. Add in guaranteed games to Jones, McAsey, Fogarty, Frampton, Hately, McHenry and things may be very dire indeed. But I tend live in hope that we will see the emergence of core group of Schoenberg, Thilthorpe, Sholl, Hamill, McPherson, Berry, Pedlar, Worrell, Himmelberg, McAdam, Rowe?, Hinge, Keays along with the more senior ROB, Laird, Crouch, Doedee, Brown, Smith and I think we may surprise a few. Ultimately it will come down to selection and what positions players are selected in as to how far we can go.
You realise McAdam and Berg are older then McAsey, Hately, McHenry and Fogarty. In fact Doedee is also younger than McAdam.

You need to start thinking before you write stuff down.

I have two takes on ladder position. Your right we have been handed the hardest draw. Why? Mindboggling buy the AFL inadvertently may have done us a favour with draft position. If we play Lynch, Walker, Mackay, Kelly, Seedsman and (Sloane in the middle) we will indeed finish last I can almost guarantee it. Add in guaranteed games to Jones, McAsey, Fogarty, Frampton, Hately, McHenry and things may be very dire indeed. But I tend live in hope that we will see the emergence of core group of Schoenberg, Thilthorpe, Sholl, Hamill, McPherson, Berry, Pedlar, Worrell, Himmelberg, McAdam, Rowe?, Hinge, Keays along with the more senior ROB, Laird, Crouch, Doedee, Brown, Smith and I think we may surprise a few. Ultimately it will come down to selection and what positions players are selected in as to how far we can go.

My inner cynic reckons the AFL knows we are tanking 2021 and decided to give us an out instead of highlighting it.

Or it's just coincidence...

My inner cynic reckons the AFL knows we are tanking 2021 and decided to give us an out instead of highlighting it.

Or it's just coincidence...
FL: Go ahead but we gonna make you feel the pain!

last-crusade-tank-fall-gif.1069426

Wouldn’t be surprised if we lost by 20 goals this week. Port’s coaching staff were livid with their performance last week. Said they were lairising. They want to absolutely thump us this week. Rozee to have surgery on his foot. Marshall injured too think.
You sure they were talking about the 1's? I wouldve thought that could be said about the 2's for sure, not sure the 1's were too bad, tho we can't rule out the drinking of coolaid meaning they think they are some super side or something like that and therefore have the view that they should beat us by 20 everytime.

You realise McAdam and Berg are older then McAsey, Hately, McHenry and Fogarty. In fact Doedee is also younger than McAdam.

You need to start thinking before you write stuff down.
What you on about? As usual the point went over your head. Doedee has been in the system a hell of a lot longer than McAdam and therefore his experience and leadership qualities makes him more of a senior player than McAdam regardless of age. Doedee should have racked up 80 games by now if not for Pyke and injury but we know what he is capable of and has established a baseline. This is why he was made Captain last year btw. I also wouldn't call Himmelberg old at 22. McAdam is 25 but as mentioned earlier he is young as far as experience goes and may have another 7 or 8 years in the system due to his late start. I didn't list players based on age and who is youngest. I mentioned players who weren't established senior players who I believe our growth will come from.

The reason I didn't put McAsey, Fogarty, McHenry, Hately in that group is that I don't think they will be a factor in our growth or I don't currently rate them in general. That's not to say that my opinion won't change as a player may take his game to another level. Fogarty and McAsey have a lot of work to do to even be on our list next year. That decision may be taken out of our hands by McAsey himself though.

Last edited:
What you on about? As usual the point went over your head. Doedee has been in the system a hell of a lot longer than McAdam and therefore his experience and leadership qualities makes him more of a senior player than McAdam regardless of age. Doedee should have racked up 80 games by now if not for Pyke and injury but we know what he is capable of and has established a baseline. This is why he was made Captain last year btw. I also wouldn't call Himmelberg old at 22. McAdam is 25 but as mentioned earlier he is young as far as experience goes and may have another 7 or 8 years in the system due to his late start. I didn't list players based on age and who is youngest. I mentioned players who weren't established senior players who I believe our growth will come from.

The reason I didn't put McAsey, Fogarty, McHenry, Hately in that group is that I don't think they will be a factor in our growth or I don't currently rate them in general. That's not to say that my opinion won't change as a player may take his game to another level. Fogarty and McAsey have a lot of work to do to even be on our list next year. That decision may be taken out of our hands by McAsey himself though.
Fogarty and Fish have work to do to be on the list..... You're having a laugh surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the single stupidest comment I have ever seen on this page and that’s saying something about Mcasey. He is one year into his AFL career.

Probably the single stupidest comment I have ever seen on this page and that’s saying something about Mcasey. He is one year into his AFL career.
The comment about mcasey is true though (but not in the way it was intended)..if he does not put in the yards to pick up a pen and sign the contract extension he wont be on our list next year

I'm ambivalent about McAsey. Hard to judge after a single year, but he doesn't look interested when out there. Small steps to contest.
Look interested ? It’s easy to look not interested when u r crap . He is slow , lumbery , can’t keep his feet , crap kick and pushed aside to easily. I’m not holding my breath and to think we took him at pick 7 .

He's a 19 year old 197cm tall kid.
There are 19 year old that show something and then there are 19 year olds that don’t. Worrell is the same age and I like him , he has attributes for AFL and Gollant is skinnier than MCAsey but you can see there is heaps to work with . McAseys athleticism , agility and speed will not improve . He falls to ground even when not pushed. He actually looks like a dork out there .

There are 19 year old that show something and then there are 19 year olds that don’t. Worrell is the same age and I like him , he has attributes for AFL and Gollant is skinnier than MCAsey but you can see there is heaps to work with . McAseys athleticism , agility and speed will not improve . He falls to ground even when not pushed. He actually looks like a dork out there .

Every AFL player needs to be on a synchronised career progression timeline.
No AFL players career, especially a tall, has ever started slowly?

Revisit this in 2 years.

B: L. Brown, N. Murray, A. McPherson
HB: B. Smith, J. Butts, M. Hinge
C: C. Jones, M. Crouch, L. Sholl
HF: N. McHenry, T. Walker, B. Keays
F: J. Rowe, B. Frampton, D. Fogarty
FOLL: R. O’Brien, R. Laird, R. Sloane
INT: W. Hamill, P. Seedsman, H. Schoenberg, S. McAdam, R. Thilthorpe, S. Berry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back