Analysis BETWEEN THE FLAGS – THE FALL AND RISE OF AN AFL POWERHOUSE

Aug 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi All.

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but I have written a three-part series on the Eagles between 2007-2018 for The Mongrel Punt. All parts are live now, so if you can spare some time over the weekend, I'd love to know what you all think.

*EDIT* I apologise for the shameless (or is it classless) self-promotion!

Last edited:
*EDIT* I apologise for the shameless (or is it classless) self-promotion!

9805aa97c22b39b28dfbbeb2d99a6b4c.jpg

Excellent write-ups mate, a great read.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
3 great reads, well done.
My favourite passage:
"none were more impactful than Nic Nat. His sixteen touches, forty-five hitouts, six clearances and two goals only going part-way towards describing his importance. “But he only had two marks” you scream with a rage only a middle-aged man with too-narrow definitions of football can muster."

Moley27

Debutant
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Great work mate, enjoyed all three. Always good to re-visit some of that history.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Part II delivers mate. Enjoyed getting a fuller understanding of the mistrust/animosity WA feels about the other states. I wrongly assumed it was all based in the AFL Vic bias, and limited to Melbourne. Had no idea some of the other historical slights WA carries around as a chip on the shoulder. Very informative.

Also.... Freo passed on Yeo? 🤣🤣

That tidbit made my night. 😍
Dont forget that we passed on Fyfe in 2009 draft. Freo passed on Darling in 2010, so that evens it out a bit (they would be a much better team with Darling this year than Fyfe).

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

russ

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2003
back in town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hi guys, I can't remember what thread it's in but someone wrote a piece regarding our years between flags, is anyone able to link me please & thankyou

Hi guys, I can't remember what thread it's in but someone wrote a piece regarding our years between flags, is anyone able to link me please & thankyou

In here.

I’ve moved your post

Back