2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly don't see Hutch in the seniors for a while. Genuinely interested to see how his goes at WAFL level as an on baller rather than a negating player

Honestly don't see Hutch in the seniors for a while. Genuinely interested to see how his goes at WAFL level as an on baller rather than a negating player

Best and Fairest for West Perth, Simpson Medal winner and runner up in the Sandover as well.

I think he's stuck in that limbo of too good for the WAFL but not good enough to cut it at AFL level in the same role.

Lets look at it this way, if Hutch plays every game in the 2's this year then we are set for a ******* great year. Second, he'll win the Sandover in a canter unless there is some huge emergence of unfulfilled talent from a player outside the AFL environment and even then, that player would likely be picked up in the midseason draft so even more of a chance for Hutch.

Lets look at it this way, if Hutch plays every game in the 2's this year then we are set for a ******* great year. Second, he'll win the Sandover in a canter unless there is some huge emergence of unfulfilled talent from a player outside the AFL environment and even then, that player would likely be picked up in the midseason draft so even more of a chance for Hutch.
Masten thanks.

I think he's stuck in that limbo of too good for the WAFL but not good enough to cut it at AFL level in the same role.

Brander's stuck in that same vortex that Ozzie Smith ended up in on 'Homer at the Bat'. Simmo's Mystery Spot aka defensive winger where he hasn't proven himself at WAFL level in the role but gets gifted AFL games anyway.

Brander's stuck in that same vortex that Ozzie Smith ended up in on 'Homer at the Bat'. Simmo's Mystery Spot aka defensive winger where he hasn't proven himself at WAFL level in the role but gets gifted AFL games anyway.

Brander is also 8 years younger than Hutchings

Just testing him out and seeing if his skills do translate to that wing role, but ultimately I do see him settling in a key position. Whether that's with us or with another club remains to be seen however.

Agree but at the same time he didn't exactly get to play WAFL to test his new role last year as they were glorified match sims in the hubs.

Agree but at the same time he didn't exactly get to play WAFL to test his new role last year as they were glorified match sims in the hubs.

Yeah true.

I hope he makes it obviously, I just hope it's in a role that suits him. Whatever that is. AA CHF in his draft year, with Allen at FF. Ainsworth in the guts :hearteyes: Allen's been allowed to play the bulk of his career up forward, Ainsworth has played in the middle, Brander has … :drunk:

Sort it out Simmo!

Yeah true.

I hope he makes it obviously, I just hope it's in a role that suits him. Whatever that is. AA CHF in his draft year, with Allen at FF. Ainsworth in the guts :hearteyes: Allen's been allowed to play the bulk of his career up forward, Ainsworth has played in the middle, Brander has … :drunk:

Sort it out Simmo!
Ainsworth starting on the ball, Worpel on the bench in that team;)

The worrying thing is, that the season hasn't even started and half of our best 22 are either injured or in a race to be fit for round 1

And Yeo (arguably our most important player after Nic Nat) probably wont return until the second half of the year

This. So much this.

Brander has been outright gifted games to this point as the club are desperate to try and make it seem that the haven't made a huge mistake with their first round pick that they used on him. In fact, you could make a strong case that to this point, he is our worst performed player of his draft crop we selected that year.

He needs to (and should be) ripping the WAFL apart. He hasn't (and yes, i appreciated he couldn't do that last year).

He needs to be told this year, in no uncertain terms, that he needs to be stringing together some strong, consistent form in the WAFL to get senior selection.

I have long, long thought that he is going to be best used as the third tall defender, so lets see how things play out in season 2021

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year with no WAFL has really either A hurt our ability to have dropped players play competitive games so they can win their spot or B learn the game playing competitive games.

Brander had moments as a winger but never really go to learn the craft in the lower leagues where he may have been able to get a better handle on it.

In fact, you could make a strong case that to this point, he is our worst performed player of his draft crop we selected that year.

Hamish Brayshaw played one senior game in the midst of an injury crisis in three years, and has now been delisted.

So I’m interested in seeing this strong case that Brander is our worst performed player out of that draft.

Hamish Brayshaw played one senior game in the midst of an injury crisis in three years, and has now been delisted.

So I’m interested in seeing this strong case that Brander is our worst performed player out of that draft.

Also the draft crop of Petrucelle and Ainsworth, two other favourite whipping boys of this board

I can only shake my head and laugh at the pettiness, but I digress: 😂😂

Yes, Brander has indeed exceeded the performances of Hamish Brayshaw. Yay! You win! 😂😂

I can only shake my head and laugh at the pettiness, but I digress: 😂😂

Yes, Brander has indeed exceeded the performances of Hamish Brayshaw. Yay! You win! 😂😂

So you still put him below Ainsworth? And what’s more, you think there’s a strong case for that?

So you still put him below Ainsworth? And what’s more, you think there’s a strong case for that?

Absolutely. Ainsworth, for me, has found his niche as a run with, negating midfielder. He has a good tank, and though he is hardly superstar material, he is getting more out of himself and contributing more to the team then Brander is atm. Remember, Ainsworth was never expected to the next rising star nor the next big thing.

Brander was, if you recall, at one point touted as a potential number 1 pick as a junior. He was our first selected and really for a pick that high, has shown very little. Highly rated, has the physical tools, but is presently contributing sparingly.

Ainsworth is a toiler who i can see a future role for moving forward. Brander (I hope) might be able to make it as a third tall defender. If he doesn't, sadly, we will chalk him up as a draft bust.

Absolutely. Ainsworth, for me, has found his niche as a run with, negating midfielder. He has a good tank, and though he is hardly superstar material, he is getting more out of himself and contributing more to the team then Brander is atm. Remember, Ainsworth was never expected to the next rising star nor the next big thing.

Brander was, if you recall, at one point touted as a potential number 1 pick as a junior. He was our first selected and really for a pick that high, has shown very little. Highly rated, has the physical tools, but is presently contributing sparingly.

Ainsworth is a toiler who i can see a future role for moving forward. Brander (I hope) might be able to make it as a third tall defender. If he doesn't, sadly, we will chalk him up as a draft bust.

You’re moving the goalposts. If you’re saying Brander is the most disappointing to date of the draft class given his draft position and expectations, sure. But that’s not what you said.
In fact, you could make a strong case that to this point, he is our worst performed player of his draft crop we selected that year.

He’s played one less game than Ainsworth in three years, and put up similar numbers in most areas other than goals (which isn’t surprising since he’s been primarily used as a defensive winger while Ainsworth has played midfield and forward).

I’m not even sure he’s behind Petruccelle in terms of performance, since Petch is still a quick basketballer trying to learn how to play as a quick footballer, and has done large amounts of not much apart from that one memorable game against Port.

Performance wise Brander is somewhere between third and fifth, out of six. Performance vs original expectation, he’s sixth out of six. But talls take time, he hasn’t been used well, and he hasn’t taken his opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back