Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Precisely. If nothing else, Scomo has become adept at removing himself from the area when things are amiss.

Spot on. And if our covid roll out wasn’t such a shambles up until this point, having that many doses held up wouldn’t be such an issue.

What a ****ed up few weeks for the head of marketing up in Canberra.

Lol

You seriously missed the sarcasm there?

Yes I did. My bad. Hadn’t had my coffee

Did you hear about the Member of Cabinet that is refusing an independent inquiry, which is the only way to clear his name? You could stack the inquiry with partisan hacks (‘Yes Minister’ style) and clear him of all wrong doing....

Now that is incompetence at its finest.

Yes I did. My bad. Hadn’t had my coffee

Did you hear about the Member of Cabinet that is refusing an independent inquiry, which is the only way to clear his name? You could stack the inquiry with partisan hacks (‘Yes Minister’ style) and clear him of all wrong doing....

Now that is incompetence at its finest.

You mean the AG?

That’s a slippery slope that one IMO.

So I will refrain from comment

Porter was also the Social Services minister overseeing the vicious and illegal robodebt operation which caused endless suffering for many thousands of vulnerable people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure we all want to escape any further discussion of Covid in our community but we are certainly getting lax in mask wearing. About 50% of train travellers last night were not wearing masks which is against guidelines. Also, some of the seating arrangements at the G were very odd. I and DnB Junior had one person on our immediate left and two on our immediate right while the next 6 seats along were vacant. Of course, we all later spread out but looking around the bay this sort of setup was common. Good thing the virus seems well under control.

I'm sure we all want to escape any further discussion of Covid in our community but we are certainly getting lax in mask wearing. About 50% of train travellers last night were not wearing masks which is against guidelines. Also, some of the seating arrangements at the G were very odd. I and DnB Junior had one person on our immediate left and two on our immediate right while the next 6 seats along were vacant. Of course, we all later spread out but looking around the bay this sort of setup was common. Good thing the virus seems well under control.
Agreed. After not travelling on PT for the good part of a year, I was surprised by the lack of masks on there knowing that it was still a requirement to wear them. PSOs didn't seem to care at all.

Someone was sitting in my allocated seat at the footy, so yeah not sure that was followed all too well. There were a bunch of empty seats in the middle of the row though so I just sat down there.

Contract tracing missed at least one Covid infected person in Brisbane. Now that the virus is obviously out in the community (which matches up with sewage testing results in Brisbane area), we might need to host the Lions and GC in a hub in Victoria.
How many cases will it take for the Melbourne Hub to get created?

Contract tracing missed at least one Covid infected person in Brisbane. Now that the virus is obviously out in the community (which matches up with sewage testing results in Brisbane area), we might need to host the Lions and GC in a hub in Victoria.
How many cases will it take for the Melbourne Hub to get created?
Looking likely that this won't need to happen.

Bit surprised how QLD corona has turned out since Monday.

NSW just gave it to the Fed Govt - health minister NSW ropable. Funny stuff, if it wasn't actually true and people's lives weren't at stake. All Scomo could say was "it isn't a race". Me shaketh my head.
Christ Scomo is looking in trouble if even NSW is turning on him. He's been singing them praises for the last 12 months no matter how much they've stuffed up

Christ Scomo is looking in trouble if even NSW is turning on him. He's been singing them praises for the last 12 months no matter how much they've stuffed up

I know. I was gobsmacked. Gladys said nothing at first, but her health minister was seeing red and let them have it. Then Gladys backed him up. They are peed because apparently they've been criticised for not getting vaccine's out quickly enough & media in NSW picked it up & blamed them saying they've got crates of the stuff not used. That info came from Fed health minister. The correct story is:

Hazzard says the vaccine numbers published by the federal government are “misleading”:

Let me make it very clear, I am as angry as I have ever been in this 15 months of war against this virus. All governments in Australia should be working together. Can I point out also that just in New South Wales alone last week, we are in week six, last week was the fifth week, we were under the impression from the advice we received from the federal government that we would receive just over 13,000 vaccines. What they actually gave us, with no forward announcement, was 45,000 and then a few days later there is a press report saying we haven’t distributed them all. Well, you get 45,000 items dumped on your front door at night and told “Now you should have it out by the next morning” no one would be able to do that.

Strange how we have to buy tickets as part of Covid control then everyone is jammed in together inside
The contradictions in policy everywhere are mindblowing. It's as if they just put up a sign, or organise things in a certain way that minimally complies with some blanket directive to avoid getting into trouble, not to actually contribute to stamping out the disease.

I know. I was gobsmacked. Gladys said nothing at first, but her health minister was seeing red and let them have it. Then Gladys backed him up. They are peed because apparently they've been criticised for not getting vaccine's out quickly enough & media in NSW picked it up & blamed them saying they've got crates of the stuff not used. That info came from Fed health minister. The correct story is:

Hazzard says the vaccine numbers published by the federal government are “misleading”:

The only actions/policies I can tell the Feds have are:
Zero Accountability

Everything leads to this. There is nothing else.

Gone are the days of smaller government, helping those who help themselves, focus on small business, freedom and the promotion of rights. It’s a sad time for those of us that believe in conservatism but aren’t actually served by a party that does.

With the population we have we should be able to shut all the borders for a month and vaccinate everyone that wants it done.

Get everyone done then open up

Scomo and premiers need to stop playing politics, pull their heads in and just get it done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back