2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Talent wise - had Baldwin NOT been afflicted with the knee injuries, do you consider him close to Thilthorpe on pure talent? I know they are different physiques, but on purely a talent level is what I am interested in your opinion on having watched much junior footy
Very hard to say given he's missed 2 years rather than 1, but he was tracking very well.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Talent wise - had Baldwin NOT been afflicted with the knee injuries, do you consider him close to Thilthorpe on pure talent? I know they are different physiques, but on purely a talent level is what I am interested in your opinion on having watched much junior footy
Baldwin is one player all of us have had limited exposure to, obviously if he had not been injured and had sustained and built on his U16's Championships he'd have been in the same discussion but honestly who can say with any certainty?

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
On another note my Panther mate reckoned former Tassie elite ball user and 2 x U18 AA Mitch O'Neill looked very good in their trial match against the Powa 2's yesterday. Strange move by the Kangaroos to delist him after a 1 year rookie contract where he played no AFL or VFL football

Oct 7, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
On another note my Panther mate reckoned former Tassie elite ball user and 2 x U18 AA Mitch O'Neill looked very good in their trial match against the Powa 2's yesterday. Strange move by the Kangaroos to delist him after a 1 year rookie contract where he played no AFL or VFL football
What sorta team rookies a player then cuts them without giving them a chance? Muppets.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're actually worse because it's looking like the poor bugger has done another AFC preseason with us for nought.
or the flipside of that is that we acknowledged he was hard done by last year and gave him another crack this preseason but another option was deemed better? As such he had a chance to push for a spot which is more than most get

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
or the flipside of that is that we acknowledged he was hard done by last year and gave him another crack this preseason but another option was deemed better? As such he had a chance to push for a spot which is more than most get
Fine if you're totally convinced Nick Murray is the answer to where our KPD stocks are situated currently, personally I'm not at this point so the jury's still out with me.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
If we have a second spot available on the list due to Milera's injury, I would be looking for another Newchurch type, elite speed, I think we're still way too slow over the ground.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Would we also have another opportunity due to bad-boy Stengle?
We could add Taylor and A.N.Other, n'est-ce pas? Would we have to sack Stengle before a certain date?
Stengle would create another vacancy, but only if we can conclude negotiations for getting rid of him in the next few days. As things stand now, he's only officially suspended for a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back