EPL Matchday 26

Remove this Banner Ad

IFAB AGM just happened.

various changes to the Laws of the Game.

In a statement, IFAB said "As the interpretation of handball incidents has not always been consistent due to incorrect applications of the Law, the members confirmed that not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence. In terms of the criterion of the hand/arm making a player’s body “unnaturally bigger”, it was confirmed that referees should continue to use their judgment in determining the validity of the hand/arm’s position in relation to the player’s movement in that specific situation."

They also stated that it is a handball offence if a player

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball;

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised; or

• scores in the opponents’ goal:

* directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including
by the goalkeeper; or

* immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm,
even if accidental.

Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.

Fair call.

That is if Mane, Salah etc don't decide to jump ship.
If they do we'd get over 100 million for them so it's not too bad. In the past that would freak me out cos we've just blown the money but with Edwards, he so good in the market that I think if we did lose one and got a s**t ton of money, we'd reinvest it really well.

If they do we'd get over 100 million for them so it's not too bad. In the past that would freak me out cos we've just blown the money but with Edwards, he so good in the market that I think if we did lose one and got a sh*t ton of money, we'd reinvest it really well.
I think you guys would be silly not to take $120 say for Salah.
Could get 3 fantastic players for that price.

IFAB AGM just happened.

various changes to the Laws of the Game.

In a statement, IFAB said "As the interpretation of handball incidents has not always been consistent due to incorrect applications of the Law, the members confirmed that not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence. In terms of the criterion of the hand/arm making a player’s body “unnaturally bigger”, it was confirmed that referees should continue to use their judgment in determining the validity of the hand/arm’s position in relation to the player’s movement in that specific situation."

They also stated that it is a handball offence if a player

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball;

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised; or

• scores in the opponents’ goal:

* directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including
by the goalkeeper; or

* immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm,
even if accidental.

Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.

That's even worse.

I think you guys would be silly not to take $120 say for Salah.
Could get 3 fantastic players for that price.
I dont it would be silly. I mean he's leading the league in goals this season and if he stays top will have won three out of four golden boots since arriving at Liverpool. Already has over 100 goals for Liverpool, he's a goal machine. Wouldnt be keen to sell him.

I dont it would be silly. I mean he's leading the league in goals this season and if he stays top will have won three out of four golden boots since arriving at Liverpool. Already has over 100 goals for Liverpool, he's a goal machine. Wouldnt be keen to sell him.

Doesn't matter all those are things that have happened. He's about to turn 29, if you can get 100 million plus for him then you can re invest. You can keep Salah and maybe get another title but then see a huge drop off or you can take the opportunity to re invest.

Salah isn't Liverpool, Klopps system is

Doesn't matter all those are things that have happened. He's about to turn 29, if you can get 100 million plus for him then you can re invest. You can keep Salah and maybe get another title but then see a huge drop off or you can take the opportunity to re invest.

Salah isn't Liverpool, Klopps system is
I'd say a footballers prime comes around 28-32 so why would we want to get rid right now? I'm well awake Salah isnt Liverpool, Klopp is what makes us tick. But I dont think it's time to get rid of Salah just yet. Hopefully plenty more goals to score and trophies to lift for him with us yet.

I'd say a footballers prime comes around 28-32 so why would we want to get rid right now? I'm well awake Salah isnt Liverpool, Klopp is what makes us tick. But I dont think it's time to get rid of Salah just yet. Hopefully plenty more goals to score and trophies to lift for him with us yet.
I'd say this season is the last chance to get decent $ for him. From an unbiased point of view one of those front 3 has to go and Firmino isn't worth much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His interviews didn't strike me as someone who's really into Anime otherwise he might have mentioned it. I know he's into his gaming like most pro footballers but you can be into gaming and not like anime.

“It was a good match tonight. We played well and secured all 3 points against Liverpool, with a big match against Everton coming up. Oh by the way, I watch Anime. For those of you who don’t know what Anime is. It’s Japanese animation. K, bye”.

When was the last time you heard a footballer talk about his hobbies in an interview?

“It was a good match tonight. We played well and secured all 3 points against Liverpool, with a big match against Everton coming up. Oh by the way, I watch Anime. For those of you who don’t know what Anime is. It’s Japanese animation. K, bye”.

When was the last time you heard a footballer talk about his hobbies in an interview?
There's outside the game interviews like socceram

Reckon theres maybe three realistic transfers that would fetch £100m+.

I dont think Liverpool will.get the money for their wantaway stars that they would want.
I think Real Madrid may have a bit of buyers remorse with Hazard still, Barcelona are just in debt really.

Perhaps one of the Italian sides otherwise, but I agree that with the impact of covid for a season and a half, I'd be surprised to see big transfer fees this offseason.

I think Real Madrid may have a bit of buyers remorse with Hazard still, Barcelona are just in debt really.

Perhaps one of the Italian sides otherwise, but I agree that with the impact of covid for a season and a half, I'd be surprised to see big transfer fees this offseason.
Bayern Munich and PSG especially if Mbappe leaves PSG

Could've subbed the whole front three and it wouldn't have stopped Christensen's continued dominance.
The way hes seamlessly stepped into Silvas spot has been phenomenal. Tuchel is getting him to the level we had all hoped and maybe wont dont need to bring in another CB come summer.

The way hes seamlessly stepped into Silvas spot has been phenomenal. Tuchel is getting him to the level we had all hoped and maybe wont dont need to bring in another CB come summer.
Had a pretty friendly run of games, Liverpool will be a good test.

Had a pretty friendly run of games, Liverpool will be a good test.
source.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back