Preview Pre season match v Hawks March 6th @arden street 4:10pm

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sad not to see Will Walker in the team, but at least he'll get some minutes in the VFL praccy match. Not the end of the world!

Pre-season optimism is rising like a motherf***er in here. Some guys will be crashing back to Earth in a month. We still have so much work to do. Pretty optimistic to think that it's smooth sailing from here on in.

I don't think expectations are particularly grandiose for a lot of us, so it's not like it's that hard to be optimistic about reaching them :p

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I don't think expectations are particularly grandiose for a lot of us, so it's not like it's that hard to be optimistic about reaching them :p

If we're as bad as he thinks we're going to be then we're either injury ravaged again or tanking.............again.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Pre-season optimism is rising like a motherf***er in here. Some guys will be crashing back to Earth in a month. We still have so much work to do. Pretty optimistic to think that it's smooth sailing from here on in.

I think, over the course of the season, we’ll have good and bad moments. As you’d expect when our full investment is in the group 23 and under. They’re the players who are going to take us places. Places that are better than scrapping out 10 wins.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So I put my phone in my wallet? Card seemed a bit less bulky.....

Preaching to the converted, I hate the digital membership and that I have to pay just to keep my membership card collection going.

But we’re stuck so thought I’d see if I could help someone stuck getting it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We got drubbed by 90+ points last week.

Id probably wait until we play them before hanging sh*t on that Hawthorn team...

This.

Carlton nearly beat Saints the other night. We barely looked like scoring.

I would love to see us come into any pre-season game showing our absolute best but we are so young and inexperienced together we will have to wait

rm3504

All Australian
May 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That Hawthorn side would be one of the least credentialled sides ever to play an official AFL senior game (excluding new franchise sides).
3 things
1. They probably 1-2 years behind us on rebuilding
2. They have 3 flags in their pocket from when they were good
3 many would say same thing about us

rm3504

All Australian
May 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
3 things
1. They probably 1-2 years behind us on rebuilding
2. They have 3 flags in their pocket from when they were good
3 many would say same thing about us
When your leadership group comprises ziebell and Kayne turner, your team hasn’t contended for 20 years and counting, and hot favs for the spoon, talking about credentials of others is coming from a glass house

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We gotta lot of work to do. Best summary I’ve read of where we are at.

Tarrant injured or just experienced enough to not bother with PS games? Just wondering whether I should be expecting him to play Round 1 or not.
Just being rested. No concerns for round one.

Probably want to see how McKay and the defensive six goes without him.

Not a bad idea as a SC smokie with Corr and McKay taking the main goal threats, allowing Taz to be more of an interceptor.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both sides have some significant outs, it’s a praccy game, both sides playing multiple draftees....

That being said, this side we are up against is a border line VFL side (significantly weaker then the saints side we played last week). We should really be able to show some pretty positive signs today.

Forget whether we win or lose, who plays well and who doesnt....l want to know will there be a coffee van today unlike last time against the Saints...It was bad enough losing but to not have a coffee is just disrespectful....:mad:

Back