Best & worst signings of the season EPL 20/21

Which at the price you paid for him is pretty floppish, regardless of circumstance (and he's only recently been injured, before then it was fitness issues).
He started on bench a few times and then missed a few games with covid. Yes has has had fitness issues getting used to Bielsa’s style which can take time.

Someone like Werner for instance has played nearly every game, far more as CF in a better team, has only two more goals and hasn’t scored against a team above 14th yet. He’s improving though.

He started on bench a few times and then missed a few games with covid. Yes has has had fitness issues getting used to Bielsa’s style which can take time.

Someone like Werner for instance has played nearly every game, far more as CF in a better team, has only two more goals and hasn’t scored against a team above 14th yet. He’s improving though.

And he's also more of a flop than Havertz.

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Would people consider Benrahma a flop because he hasn't scored yet?

I have mixed feelings so far on him, some of his skills and creativity are top class, but I think he also lacks a yard of pace and needs to be a bit more clinical, still early though.

You don't think Werner has had a more disappointing season than Havertz given the context around both of their seasons?
I think Werner is improving and looks like he can play in this league, haven’t seen it at all from Havertz. I’m not going to bag Havertz though, as you say he’s young, on the light side and lack of defined role has no doubt caused him issues. Both at times shown surprising lack of technique, which probably part of the confidence thing.

I think Werner is improving and looks like he can play in this league, haven’t seen it at all from Havertz. I’m not going to bag Havertz though, as you say he’s young, on the light side and lack of defined role has no doubt caused him issues. Both at times shown surprising lack of technique, which probably part of the confidence thing.

Fair enough, all I said was that Werner is more of a flop than Havertz, don't know what was silly about that.

Even calling Werner a flop is an exaggeration. He's missed a fair few chances he'd expect to take but he's getting chances and still providing plenty otherwise.

I didn't call him a flop though, I just said he's in that conversation more than Havertz is. I agree he's not and is starting to look better, but it's exceedingly harsh to even be talking about Havertz as a flop.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Would people consider Benrahma a flop because he hasn't scored yet?

I have mixed feelings so far on him, some of his skills and creativity are top class, but I think he also lacks a yard of pace and needs to be a bit more clinical, still early though.
Given his scoring in the league below.. I'd say he's been ok. He definitely needs to add goals.

I think it's far too early to call a 21 year old kid with a COVID interrupted season a flop.

A 29 year old striker with 3 goals for the season on the other hand..
Remember that time Leeds fans in the window were comparing Rodrigo purchase to that of Watkins. Theirs was good value but Villa spunked money up the wall.

Good times, fun times.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Screenshot_20210309-093635_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Gabriel has been a good signing, Jota been fantastic for us, Callum Wilson at Newcastle too. Hojbjerg at Spurs as well has been really good too.

Worst has got to be Havertz considering the amount of money paid. Willian was free but has been awful but that was expected.
1622416556522.png

Back