Preview Geelong Cats v Essendon, AAMI Community Series, Sat 6 Mar 7:10pm @ GMHBA Stadium

roz1812

Debutant
Mar 14, 2019
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
We were so horrible to watch tonight, so slow and constantly down the line. Complete contrast to Essendon who took the game on and took advantage of the new rule. They just missed their opportunities and really should of won by 4-5 goals. Now it’s only pre season so not worried but we need to change the style for R1.

CoreyJoel

Team Captain
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Constable just knows how to find the footy. Is actually really clean in close.
The only problem is when he finds the ball in space, like a mark, he just is so slow to move it on.
I still think he could be important to play this year as an extractor inside.

Atkins was fanatic across half back.

Jun 5, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
As fans I think at times we can become fixated on starts to determine a players value

But watching Atkins tonight, his workrate and just running all night, it's easy to see why the coaches love players like that and want them in the team

Think the backline move will be good for him
He gives one hundred and ten plus percent. Love it.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
We won with no help from Joel or danger so that was good

Strange game. Feels like we didn't have a midfield out there at all at times. Hard to know how much of Essendon's run was down to our lack of intent to pressure in a pre season game v. just not having the ability to stop it under the new rules. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Gogeelong

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Constable just knows how to find the footy. Is actually really clean in close.
The only problem is when he finds the ball in space, like a mark, he just is so slow to move it on.
I still think he could be important to play this year as an extractor inside.

Atkins was fanatic across half back.
Constable 10 disposals in a quarter. 80% efficiency in the midfield. What else can he do.

Positives for me were higgins cameron and smith none were perfect but all added a lot and you can see how much they will give us.
Also clark was fantastic and atkins showed real promise in the back half and i liked some of the things miers zuthrie and evans did in limited minutes.

Negatives for me were the rucks-jenkins was really good around the ground but his centre square jump technique is awful-obrien will smash us if stanley isnt fit.
And our slow ball movement from the back half..we were efficient in the front half but we wont give them enough chances if we move the ball that slow. We need better kicks in the back half and the guys to move it with better intent (ie what clark did).

All in all ok but underwhelming.

Back