A-League Round 11 - The Real Melbourne Derby!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
City kinda carrying on a bit

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Can we really say that city are showing their premiership credentials when it's against victory?

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
You'd think the game was played in WA what with all the booing by Victory fans of their own team off the ground at the end. Charming bunch of "supporters".

Mate we just lost 0-6 at home to our biggest rivals! In the heat of the moment how would you feel? All rainbows and unicorns?

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Mate we just lost 0-6 at home to our biggest rivals! In the heat of the moment how would you feel? All rainbows and unicorns?
I support my team, have not and would not ever boo them. You're not a supporter if you can do that, you're a bandwagoner who has just unhitched your wagon from the losing train.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Can we really say that city are showing their premiership credentials when it's against victory?

No but City will be up there come seasons end no doubt! They have a very good squad its whether Kisnorbo can get this squad the ultimate prize and shake off those 'Heart' cobby webs

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
If Victory give Brebner the flick (which probably seems likely) knowing them Di Pietro, they will have to settle for Aloisi.

No way would Popa take over at a club with a rabid fan base and an aging, stale squad, and if you believe Michael Lynch on Twitter, Muscat was glad to leave such a unprofessional outfit MVFC had become by the time he quit and has no plans to return (that was pretty much Lynch said)

giggler99 is 100 % right that the current problems and issues at Victory are all on the board, chairman and CEO. They are all living off past glories and being the biggest club in Melbourne.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
If Victory give Brebner the flick (which probably seems likely) knowing them Di Pietro, they will have to settle for Aloisi.

No way would Popa take over at a club with a rabid fan base and an aging, stale squad, and if you believe Michael Lynch on Twitter, Muscat was glad to leave such a unprofessional outfit MVFC had become by the time he quit and has no plans to return (that was pretty much Lynch said)

giggler99 is 100 % right that the current problems and issues at Victory are all on the board, chairman and CEO. They are all living off past glories and being the biggest club in Melbourne.
They need a seasoned European coach, or just someone who has experience building a side. And of course money to build. Aloisi is never the answer.

Muscat and popa imo should not look at taking another A-League gig. They need to gain experience in Europe, mls or maybe even japan/Korea. Not necessarily the top job, but something to build up the cv.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is like a Popa wet dream. He doesn't play kids unless they are his own.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I support my team, have not and would not ever boo them. You're not a supporter if you can do that, you're a bandwagoner who has just unhitched your wagon from the losing train.
So you'll still clap them off when they're being destroyed by their biggest rivals ??

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
So you'll still clap them off when they're being destroyed by their biggest rivals ??
I'll applaud any performance worthy of applause and if I'm not happy I won't.

The Victory "supporters" who booed their team last night are not really supporters of the club at all.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'll applaud any performance worthy of applause and if I'm not happy I won't.

The Victory "supporters" who booed their team last night are not really supporters of the club at all.
They pay their money, they can boo whenever they want. Don't throw out personal abuse of course but to say they aren't supporters because they boo their team when it was totally embarassed is plain wrong.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
They pay their money, they can boo whenever they want. Don't throw out personal abuse of course but to say they aren't supporters because they boo their team when it was totally embarassed is plain wrong.
You don't understand the meaning of the word support. It doesn't have a different meaning when your team loses, you either support your club or you don't and anyone who can boo their team off is simply not supporting their club.

Not everyone at the ground in Victory colours was booing, because there are some real supporters of the club. Those who booed showed their true colours very clearly.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
You don't understand the meaning of the word support. It doesn't have a different meaning when your team loses, you either support your club or you don't and anyone who can boo their team off is simply not supporting their club.

Not everyone at the ground in Victory colours was booing, because there are some real supporters of the club. Those who booed showed their true colours very clearly.
You're supposed to support your children, but in your method of thinking you wouldn't tell them off if they punch someone.

In another way, I was there at the MCG in 1998 when we spanked the Dogs in a prelim and I can tell you I heard some of the most colourful language I'd heard in my 11 years to that point..... I can guarentee you some of those people were at the same ground on GF Day in 2016.

It's called passion.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
You're supposed to support your children, but in your method of thinking you wouldn't tell them off if they punch someone.
I see, so you boo your children when they lose too do you? I reckon you don't, because you actually realise how devastating that would be. You'd find another way to deal with your emotions.

If you love a family member or the football club you follow, you shouldn't be able to bring yourself to do it, ever. If you're a fair-weather supporter though, go right ahead and boo when your team loses.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I see, so you boo your children when they lose too do you? I reckon you don't, because you actually realise how devastating that would be. You'd find another way to deal with your emotions.

If you love a family member or the football club you follow, you shouldn't be able to bring yourself to do it, ever. If you're a fair-weather supporter though, go right ahead and boo when your team loses.
Your first paragraph is a symptomatic problem of today's society. I am an assistant coach of a women's footy side, we have been told we cannot under any circumstances give them negative feedback. It's not just our side either. As a kid my dad would sit and tell me after every game what I did right and what I did wrong.... As is his right.

Secondly..... They are highly paid professional athletes FFS. I'd much rather be a club with a supporter base with passion than one with people such as yourself who don't demand performance from their team.

I take it you're a City fan..... Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back