Status
Not open for further replies.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our forwardline is very green. Can't see us blowing any teams away this year. Will have to take wins where we can get them.
And yet we were blown away by an opposition forward line with... how many senior games between them?

Not saying you are wrong, but it would have been nice to at least see a team trying to play a structured game plan. Players were everywhere, chasing the ball like U10s. When we came out of defense there were no targets on too many occasions. When the opposition came out of our forward line they weren't being chased hard enough. We played at Arden St, yet it seemed that some of the forwards were unable to work out how to kick goals in the wind. It's the ground where they train FFS. Do any of them ever go down that end and practice set shots?

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Be careful. The apologists are out tonight. They won't like that comment one bit. Even though it almost sums up the game to a tee (it just needs a touch of "and do we do skills training of set shot practice" to make it complete).
I’m honestly starting to think they punch cones and kick flat footys
s**t saw Polec and hall leave at 3quarter time and Bonar not long after
If they don’t give a s**t I’m really starting to wonder what we stand for

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The game day thread is the normal cesspool of sh*t I see.

........are you claiming it doesn't represent what was on display today, because calling that a "cesspool of sh*t" would be a kind analysis.

We had 35 shots put on us by the Hawthorn reserves. Thank **** they missed about 8 sodas.

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
........are you claiming it doesn't represent what was on display today, because calling that a "cesspool of sh*t" would be a kind analysis.

We had 35 shots put on us by the Hawthorn reserves. Thank **** they missed about 8 sodas.
1615033169112.gif

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

There is a very real delusion about what our list is capable of. It’s a relief to know that , as a club, we’ve realised it.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Usual shitshow of relying on so few.
Will be a hard few years.
Need more of everything but urgently need good ball users and KPF.

We have * all good players, 2 of which didn’t play, a dozen average at best types, and a s**t load of kids. Its as sure as s**t going to be a challenging few seasons.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It was "only" a practice game. Nothing to get in a twist about.... All that usual rhetoric.

But I can't work out what North were practicing. If the coach(es) and match committee can't work out where to put players by now then the only thing they learned from the match today is that whatever they did was wrong!

Sure - it wasn't a full team. But isn't that the chance for the next in line players to step up and show what they've got?

Instead we had more players running around in positions they aren't used to on the slim chance that they might suddenly turn into defenders or whatever.

We had forwards who can't kick set shots from 30M.

Poor old Josh Walker was playing FF and CHB at the same time at one stage so it seemed.

We had a big shake out. We've brought in a few blokes that might take a couple of years to develop. But we also have a few who've been around a while and some of them don't look like they've improved much on their 2020 form.

Cesspool.... Well if the GD thread was full of bad vibes it's because the comments reflected what they saw.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
There is a very real delusion about what our list is capable of. It’s a relief to know that , as a club, we’ve realised it.

Then call it for what it is............tanking.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It's tanking when you're trying to lose. We just haven't got enough AFL standard players right now.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

They ARE trying to lose. Would you call that sh*t trying to win?

The impostor they have put in charge claims he was happy with that dung today. I couldn't believe my ears.

If he's happy, then they are tanking from the top, and he's driving it. It's Paul Roos/Melbourne/2014 all over again.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
They ARE trying to lose. Would you call that sh*t trying to win?

The impostor they have put in charge claims he was happy with that dung today. I couldn't believe my ears.

If he's happy, then they are tanking from the top, and he's driving it. It's Paul Roos/Melbourne/2014 all over again.

I get that it’s frustrating, but “imposter “......seriously.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Was there a ‘wash up’ thread from today’s game that has disappeared?

I was working all day & started reading it on the train on the way home & now it’s gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I get that it’s frustrating, but “imposter “......seriously.

All I am seeing right now is someone that can utilise enough Anthony Robbins level spruik to dazzle a football illiterate administration that doesn't have a clue.

He's incredibly wooden, just like Roos.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Was there a ‘wash up’ thread from today’s game that has disappeared?

I was working all day & started reading it on the train on the way home & now it’s gone.

They'd rather have choppy attention whore the entire thing along with all the gullible lemmings that keep giving him oxygen.

You're better off avoiding it.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
All I see is a sh*t list with a coach and list management team trying to correct it.

Of course that's all you see.

They got rid of 4-5 blokes that could play and replaced them with spuds, just so they could sell the idea that we have a young list,

Don't complain, because you wanted this.

There's ZERO guarantees that it will get us anywhere. ZERO!

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Of course that's all you see.

They got rid of 4-5 blokes that could play and replaced them with spuds, just so they could sell the idea that we have a young list,

Don't complain, because you wanted this.

There's ZERO guarantees that it will get us anywhere. ZERO!

There’s no guarantees in life. And I’m not complaining.

The one certainty was the list we had was going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back