glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Much like everyone here I agree they didn’t stick the landing, i also agree that the build up and teased cameos not happening was frustrating, I hope that doesn’t continue to happen in other shows, this one had enough sizzle without lies and deceit.

I think my major gripe is with the production quality and values in the last ep, I thought the Agatha/Wanda battle looks like a bad video game cut scene.

The Wanda/Agatha fight in the sky did remind me of a DC type battle, with the dark skies/grey clouds etc. And yes the CGI wasn’t quite up to their high standards. Which is the only time I felt it was noticeable this series.

The Vision v Vision fight was much better IMO, and I thought their conversation was fantastic and better than the fight itself.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
So the one actor Paul Bettany wanted to act opposite with just happened to be Paul Bettany

4d355e550164225fa0761696763bf357.gif

Given i pretty openly talked about the Occams Razor and our tendency towards looking for every little detail and making it something I’m well aware of what we do as fans.

This isn’t that, the two leads from a show openly misled fans about what was coming, you’re defending it by saying they were jokes or slips, imo that’s a cop out.

I hope it doesn’t continue to happen for other shows.

Honestly i hope more shows do it, the internet age has lead to people spending more time looking for spoilers and clues than they spend just enjoying the show.

If the shows throw people off they might just watch and enjoy it, like all the anger about the finale because people built it up so much and went looking for clues to convince themselves that something amazing would happen.

Marvel stuff to me has always been just popcorn movies they won't win awards or produce anything groundbreaking but are perfectly fun to watch, and this was exactly that.

Last edited:
Given i pretty openly talked about the Occams Razor and our tendency towards looking for every little detail and making it something I’m well aware of what we do as fans.

This isn’t that, the two leads from a show openly misled fans about what was coming, you’re defending it by saying they were jokes or slips, imo that’s a cop out.

I hope it doesn’t continue to happen for other shows.

It’s like an online argument that ends when one participant says “haha just trolling”

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Honestly i hope more shows do it, the internet age has lead to people spending more time looking for spoilers and clues than they do just just enjoying the show.

If the shows throw people off they might just watch and enjoy it, like all the anger about the finale because people built it up so much and went looking for clues to convince themselves that something amazing would happen.

Marvel stuff to me has always been just popcorn movies they won't win awards or produce anything groundbreaking but are perfectly fun to watch, and this was exactly that.
There’s a big different with people building the show up and being too invested in their own theories (which I’ve been guilty of) and people involved in the production deliberately misleading fans.

I get the point your making but I just don’t agree, it’s cheap and lazy. We criticize shows and movies that have poor writing that leads to unrewarding outcomes, the actors tweeting and saying stuff in interviews that is ultimately untrue is just average IMO

I mean, the show is done and the way it finished didn’t leave much else to talk about.

Feel free to get us back on track though crow.
Right after you finish your " Big Brothers Greatest Moments " countdown :D

So you’ve just said they didn’t lie about anything then mentioned two lies...

Might not have annoyed you but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Bettany's comment wasn't a lie.

There’s a big different with people building the show up and being too invested in their own theories (which I’ve been guilty of) and people involved in the production deliberately misleading fans.

I get the point your making but I just don’t agree, it’s cheap and lazy. We criticize shows and movies that have poor writing that leads to unrewarding outcomes, the actors tweeting and saying stuff in interviews that is ultimately untrue is just average IMO

Fair enough point, stuff like this they could do next to zero publicity and still get roughly the same vierwer numbers.

Its not poor writing for actors to take the piss though and goes back to my point of people pouring over everything to write articles and theorycraft rather than just enjoying the show. If more places did it we might have less "omg i heard emma caulfield had to be approved by feige, shes obviously mephisto" and if you dont build that up you dont get upset when its just a standard tv ending.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fair enough point, stuff like this they could do next to zero publicity and still get roughly the same vierwer numbers.

Its not poor writing for actors to take the piss though and goes back to my point of people pouring over everything to write articles and theorycraft rather than just enjoying the show. If more places did it we might have less "omg i heard emma caulfield had to be approved by feige, shes obviously mephisto" and if you dont build that up you dont get upset when its just a standard tv ending.
No sorry I wasn’t implying it was poor writing I was equating it to poor writing where writers give us red herrings that don’t actually add up post the reveal.

No sorry I wasn’t implying it was poor writing I was equating it to poor writing where writers give us red herrings that don’t actually add up post the reveal.

I actually really rate Disney, Mando went with the big 'omg' that I call BS if anyone says they picked that early and Wanda everyone 'picked' the ending early and expected a mando type reveal then they did nothing.

Keeping the viewers on their toes :p

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
But Evan Peters as Quicksilver, this one was taking it too far I’d say. Literally that role could’ve been filled by any actor available. To emulate Quicksilver/Pietro, then have him ultimately reduced to a dick joke. Am genuinely surprised that was allowed to stay in the final product. Geez. Cringe.

And when I said using Peters was crap casting this board had a melt.

And when I said using Peters was crap casting this board had a melt.
You said that because you weren’t smart enough to understand the possible link to the multiverse. Nothing you say now changes that.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Also, a major nitpick but surely Darcy driving a small ice-cream truck into a military grade Humvee would have accomplished f***-all... Aside from Darcy being mince meat against the windshield 😂
Except it was actually a heavily armoured army vehicle that Wanda had altered. Perhaps it kept its original mass?
They even showed it convert back. Wasn't a big deal to me.

Except it was actually a heavily armoured army vehicle that Wanda had altered. Perhaps it kept its original mass?
They even showed it convert back. Wasn't a big deal to me.
Actually i think youre right. When it transforms into another object, it takes on its properties including mass etc.

Back