Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Personally, I'll reserve judgment till i see the shows or absorb the leaks to get a gauge. But ever since the ST, my expectations are low for everything.

As much as TM was pretty decent, there were issues with it too. It was like a wobbly forward step post-ST, decent but nothing to rest their laurels on. Now that theyre pumping out a tom of shows, some of them dont really sound that good, sone of them do.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m a lifetime Star Wars fan and never ‘liked’ a video on their YouTube channel. Never watched one outside the film previews.

Im halfway through the Light of the Jedi, it’s alright so far. Not amazing, but a long way from the worst. SM, what do you count as the second book, thought there was only one adult novel out so far. I’ve bought a young adult novel that I will read to my son soon.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Aside from trailers for the films, I can’t recall the last YouTube video I’ve watched on the Star Wars official channel.

I’m a lifetime Star Wars fan and never ‘liked’ a video on their YouTube channel. Never watched one outside the film previews.

Im halfway through the Light of the Jedi, it’s alright so far. Not amazing, but a long way from the worst. SM, what do you count as the second book, thought there was only one adult novel out so far. I’ve bought a young adult novel that I will read to my son soon.
Into the dark by Claudia gray.

First half of light of the jedi is quite slow, but it picks up quite quickly and feels like an old EU adventure which is great fun for me. I find the antagonists really interesting and unique.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
b516ef1.png

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Ya gotta laugh.

We now have a rock as a character in Star Wars that helps pilot a ship called the vessel.

How does something so s**t get green lit? Have we reached the point where they've ran out of any decent ideas and don't even try anymore?

Ya gotta laugh.

We now have a rock as a character in Star Wars that helps pilot a ship called the vessel.

How does something so sh*t get green lit? Have we reached the point where they've ran out of any decent ideas and don't even try anymore?

And get this, there's a talking tree in Marvel.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ya gotta laugh.

How does something so sh*t get green lit? Have we reached the point where they've ran out of any decent ideas and don't even try anymore?

Pathetic....

In another section of the book, it’s revealed that it will be nine years before Geode (the rock) goes into his “next mating smelt.”

Yes they took the lead from Lord of the Rings and the Ents.

The difference is they have facial expressions, they have limbs and are able to express emotions and personalities.

The other is a rock.

Ok?

I don't know why you're getting so wound up by material you aren't going to read. Just let it go.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Ok?

I don't know why you're getting so wound up by material you aren't going to read. Just let it go.

Once again, not wound up. It's actually pretty funny how s**t it's getting with trash writing like that.

It's just a shame it's not some other franchise hiring these s**t writers rather than Star Wars.

Once again, not wound up. It's actually pretty funny how sh*t it's getting with trash writing like that.

It's just a shame it's not some other franchise hiring these sh*t writers rather than Star Wars.

Gray is one of the best writers in Star Wars. Having a fun quirky character who she deliberately calls out as being a bizarre species in the introduction of it is hardly the end of the world. There are countless other examples in the EU and New-Canon of characters from weird species.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Gray is one of the best writers in Star Wars. Having a fun quirky character who she deliberately calls out as being a bizarre species in the introduction of it is hardly the end of the world. There are countless other examples in the EU and New-Canon of characters from weird species.

It's like it's written by a 12 year old who has a pet rock.

It won't bring in new customers, it will just create more derision of the franchise.

It's like it's written by a 12 year old who has a pet rock.

It won't bring in new customers, it will just create more derision of the franchise.

I hadn't heard of the character until I started reading the book and I hardly think it's going to have any impact on casual fans. Your obsession with deriding THR is bordering on pathetic.

Wonder if Geode (the rock) will do anything interesting, like kill people, turn to the dark side, or even move or DO SOMETHING.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of hate-posting about it if it does.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm sure there'll be plenty of hate-posting about it if it does.
Dare I suggest, how a rock is forming words and making sounds? I know...fantasy genre. Talking tree for instance as you noted before. But there'd have to be some mysticism behind it (like Moses and burning bush talking via God) to have some rudimentary interest/reason to it. Otherwise, it's still very stupid. What's wrong with yet another android ship navigator? There's surely a point of absurdity one doesn't cross over.

Dare I suggest, how a rock is forming words and making sounds? I know...fantasy genre. Talking tree for instance as you noted before. But there'd have to be some mysticism behind it (like Moses and burning bush talking via God) to have some rudimentary interest/reason to it. Otherwise, it's still very stupid. What's wrong with yet another android ship navigator? There's surely a point of absurdity one doesn't cross over.

It doesn't speak.

Back